LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Antibiotic coated catheter / silver coated alloy european sellers?

I think the material of the catheter is a lower risk factor than the open connection between your bladder and the air in your diaper. Especially when lying in your bed your bladder will suck in a little air every time

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I don't want to give away too much of my real-life background here, but I can tell you that the antibiotic properties of silver have been greatly exaggerated. The original concept was based on medieval ideas of purity, and had no basis in germ theory. Modern studies (especially one in Science Translational Medicine) have indicated that silver can have a "boost" effect when combined with antibiotics because it makes cell membranes more permeable. However - and this is very important - these results were in laboratory conditions, not in a human body. There has never, to my knowledge, been a significant study that indicated silver has any real anti-microbial power inside the body, especially when it's not combined with antibiotics. Additionally, the toxic effect that silver has on bacteria also applies to your own cells. You can do real harm to yourself with silver, including heart damage.

The antibiotic properties of silver, right now, are an interesting avenue for further research. However, I don't think you should use any silver-based products currently on the market, as they're based on flimsy evidence and could very well do you harm.