LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Looking to expiriment with cloth diapers & everyday wear again

You know how you once did something, place it in a bag or box and put it away, only to find it years later? That's exactly whats happened here. Diapering is something I was drawn to many years ago, but really haven't done anything related to it in quite sometime. I am looking to "experiment" with this again and figured if I gave it an honest try, perhaps for a week or more, I can see if its something I'd like to do again.

Pictured are the cloth pull up diapers I have. I don't know where I got them from as its been MANY years, but they have been washed previously and fit nicely. I also have plastic pants to go over them. I'd like to wear them daily and use them except for deification. A few questions:

1) Are these good cloth diapers to do this with? I have used ones you pin before, but not quite sure that would be the best for me right now.

2) Do I have to change the diaper right away after I pee? If not, how long can it be worn for? Can I wet it multiple times before changing them?

3) How do I "store" the soiled cloth diapers? I do have a washer/dryer but its a shared system, so I don't want to leave them in the laundry room, and I don't want to be washing them everyday per say (at least in the long run, as im trying to keep this private).

I believe those are the main questions I have. I will be wearing these to work, at home, out shopping... think everyday, normal week type of stuff here. I want to give this a good honest try to see if now that I am a bit older, I may really be interested in this!

20170109_123053.jpg

20170109_123101_resized.jpg

• Like 2

I am not a fan of disposables, as its money wasted and I am not a fan of the environmental aspect. When I said "soiled" I meant ones with urine as I mentioned I dont plan to defecate in them.

Edd53: What do you wear during the day? I've also slept in this pull on for 2 nights. It's very comfy, just haven't "used" them yet.

Disposible diapers feel lousy. You do not even know you have one on and you have to fight with tapes

I did, too, 37 years ago and they felt small and thin. And this was before the heavy use of SAP, which means smaller and thinner. Also, I was not diapered as a baby, but like a little girl when I was 7, 8 and 9 and with cloth diapers. Dresses and skirts can acommodate quite a bit of thickness. You know there is something there. You might go to the diaper section of my revies and the forum on cloth diaper cleaning. I have some material there. As for wasteful. The predominance of throw-aways as the main diaper was from the age of prosperity when the baby-boomers were too rich and spent like drunken sailors,much to the chagrin of their parents. We are not that prosperous any more and we do not have the landfill room any more, mostly due to NIMBY and the fact that we do not burn trash like we used to. Now, what was common knowledge 55 years ago has to be relearend. Also the early Pampers were rinsed out in the toilet befroe throwing away. What is done now is horrendous.

• 4 months later...

A few updates with some observations and questions:

I wore a cloth diaper for 16 hours straight. I took a 4 hour road trip, and I did a lot of sitting once I was at my destination, and the hardest thing for me to do was pee while sitting or sitting while driving. I was unable to achieve this, but once I stood up, it was easy to go. So, any ways to go while sitting and/or driving?

Is there anything I can take, drink, etc... to make it easier to pee? Perhaps something to relax me or my bladder more?

What is the best way to deal with wet diapers while on the road? Where to put them until say you can wash them out a bit? Obviously its hard to take everything from home on the road.

How long is too long to wear a wet diaper? I wore then same one for 16 hours. I wet it 4 times. By the 4th time, it had leaked into the plastic underwear and the back of my overalls were wet, so I think I went a bit far on the 4th wetting!

• 2 weeks later...