LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Adult Baby Diapers
MarkSmith

For Those Who Un-Potty Trained...

20 posts in this topic

Recently I wore diapers for over a week straight.  In the past I have attempted full time diaper wear and have failed but I do wear diapers very regularly.  After this last stretch for the first time I noticed some changes after I stopped wearing and I am curious to know if these changes are encouraging towards my path to become un-potty trained.  Immediately after wearing for awhile I usually have a little dribbles after I use the potty.  This time around my dribbles seemed much more excessive.  Next, and perhaps the most encouraging sign was the day after wearing I was out shopping and all of the sudden I had an immediate need to go pee pee.  It happened all at once and I barely made it to the potty at the store.  Previously I have never experienced any urge sensations before.  I could feel myself almost releasing right before I got to the potty.  Lastly, at night, I am waking up every three hours or so to pee pee and the urge is strong.  I almost felt like I wet the bed and I find myself feeling the bedsheets afterwards.  My questions is does this mean I am headed down the right path to incontinence?  I am surprised by it because I only wore for a week or so straight. 

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, MarkSmith said:

Recently I wore diapers for over a week straight.  In the past I have attempted full time diaper wear and have failed but I do wear diapers very regularly.  After this last stretch for the first time I noticed some changes after I stopped wearing and I am curious to know if these changes are encouraging towards my path to become un-potty trained.  Immediately after wearing for awhile I usually have a little dribbles after I use the potty.  This time around my dribbles seemed much more excessive.  Next, and perhaps the most encouraging sign was the day after wearing I was out shopping and all of the sudden I had an immediate need to go pee pee.  It happened all at once and I barely made it to the potty at the store.  I could feel myself almost releasing right before I got to the potty.  My questions is does this mean I am headed down the right path to incontinence?  I am surprised by it because I only wore for a week or so straight. 

If you wore nappies all the time for a week and never used the toilet then your mind set will incline towards just letting go. Some people can condition them selves to pee freely in nappies. Keep at it though and your continence will be affected.

I think it is a truly amazing phenomena, people whom seem to show first signs of incontinence after a rather short period of trying to un-train themselves. Let me start by saying I do not say it is not true or that it can’t be done absolutely not. The reason why I think it is truly amazing is plain and simple. For oh so many years I’ve have the same desire and I have tried a number of thing to achieve my goal, hypnoses cd`s, constant training of the old brain that it is ok to just go when needed (affirmations), wearing 24/7 under almost if not all circumstances, using catheters, using stents nothing seems to work. So as it comes to the mental awareness that is ok to go in my diaper, it should be taken care of by now, cause I wear 24/7 for the last eight- nineteen years and the last five maybe six years catheter and stent play were added to the desire to achieve my goal. I am perfectly happy with the status quo for my self-induced incontinence works miracles for me, incontinence with an on and off switch. Maybe it is still some subconscious thing that is holding me back but if it is subconscious I wouldn’t know what to do about it to counteract it. Let me finish by saying I am happy for you if it is something you really desire.

I do not know honestly what I am experiencing.  I do know after wearing diapers for the last 10 years intermittently that I have never experienced these sensations.  Obviously it's not like I am new to wetting a diaper.  I know how to "let go" quote un quote so maybe full time usage is the answer for me to become untrained.  I know results with untrainung ebbs and flows.  I know some people can lose control faster than others and some can not lose control at all.  Right now I feel I am completely continent.  Yet I also feel more positive that I can become unpotty trained from full time diaper usage.

Unpotty training I am learning is very much a personal happening, with positive and negative moments. And because we are all different then it is fair to assume that our unpotty training results would be different as well. While the majority have time consuming but yet positive results, it is very refreshing to learn that a person such as MarkSmith can experience positive unpotty training delights in a much quicker way......awesome to say the least:02_EmoticonsHDcom:

Is it really so quick though?  I mean I have worn diapers for years and there are countless two to three day stints continously diapered.  I wear regularly in every situation to include around family, on airplanes, and at work.  Does that familiarity and comfort level already provide me a mental edge to losing control?  It not like I just started wearing yesterday and bam...I feel the signs of losing control.

I've noticed after a week straight of wearing, my body is super in-tune weather I'm wearing a diaper or not.  When I'm not wearing one, I have perfect bladder control.  When I wear a diaper, my body will go at it's one will, wet and mess, without hesitation.  This is only frustrating now due to the latter portion, as cleaning up a messy diaper or three during the day is annoying!  Double when I'm getting ready to go somewhere and think "It's just a few errands, I'll pad up." Then find myself wet within minutes of changing.

Personally, I'd say your progress is much faster than I experienced.  However, early on (when I was in my 20s), real life kept getting in the way and I seldom had the opportunity to wear 24/7.  The untraining process is largely a mental one.  So, if you've mentally committed yourself to wearing diapers full time, you can make progress much faster than if you're forced to hold back because of family, career, or other personal commitments.

The best way to learn to wear and use diapers is to do just that and avoid experimenting with the variety of shortcuts (diuretics, laxatives, catheters, and others you'll see discussed here on DD).  In my experience, the shortcuts prolonged the process rather than speeding it up.  

Not being Able to control my Bladder is not A lot of fun it is a pain.I fell in 2013 I been wetting since. Day and night I spend A lot on diapers to keep things on the out side dry I hate a wet bed

1 person likes this

In my case I've worn diapers or pull ups almost every night  for the last 5 years.   I rarely have any true accidents, but I'm a very light sleeper- so that isn't surprising.   Obviously I wake up wet frequently.

My level of comfort wetting diapers during the day has reach a level where I wet without even thinking about it, but I don't have may accidents when I'm not diapered.  However I do think that I have to be aware my bladder to make sure I don't have an accident.

On 06/01/2017 at 8:20 PM, Craisler said:

Personally, I'd say your progress is much faster than I experienced.  However, early on (when I was in my 20s), real life kept getting in the way and I seldom had the opportunity to wear 24/7.  The untraining process is largely a mental one.  So, if you've mentally committed yourself to wearing diapers full time, you can make progress much faster than if you're forced to hold back because of family, career, or other personal commitments.

The best way to learn to wear and use diapers is to do just that and avoid experimenting with the variety of shortcuts (diuretics, laxatives, catheters, and others you'll see discussed here on DD).  In my experience, the shortcuts prolonged the process rather than speeding it up.  

Once I started wearing nappies full time my remaining control was lost very quickly just as my continence nurse said it would. I agree it is a mental reaction.I just gave up trying and relaxed in to being incontinent.

28 minutes ago, stevewet said:

Once I started wearing nappies full time my remaining control was lost very quickly just as my continence nurse said it would. I agree it is a mental reaction.I just gave up trying and relaxed in to being incontinent.

Agreed.  Once I got in the right state of mind and no longer needed to worry about other things, incontinence developed fairly quickly.  However, by then, I was well practiced at wearing and using diapers and had become a bedwetter at night.  What surprised me was how quickly the bowel incontinence developed.  Of course, I'd soiled my diapers over the years, but it was always a conscious action.  Once the urinary incontinence started, it was just a couple of months until I began having bowel accidents.

My wife is very much against me becoming bowel incontinent.  At least with wetting as long as you change regularly it can go undetected.  She tells me she does not want to be out to dinner with me and I suddenly mess myself.  Apart from the dripping after making pee pee and the one sudden urge episode after wearing for a week, my bowels are what I have least control of.  If I hold my bowels for five minutes or so I am guaranteed to have leakage...far better to have leakage with a diaper on.  When this would happen when I worked in aviation it was embarrassing because I did not wear diapers then.  The leakage would get in my pants and I would smell the rest of the day.  One day someone asked me why I smelled like you know what.  That is when I started wearing woman's panties with a maxipad in them to work.

I untrained fully both bowel and bladder two years ago. The untraining for me took years to fully lose control. My wife was the one who told me if you are going to be wet you might as well mess also. I have very few messy diapers like you mentioned will out enjoying a meal but they will happen. You just have to be ready to change into a clean dry diaper at any time. I have had many more leaks out in public, but those I could have avoided if I changed sooner. Unpotty training is a lifestyle choice, it is not for everyone but it was perfect for me.

dljim, your situation sounds perfect, has your wife "bought" the complete thing?

I'm someone who involuntary deals with bowel incontinence, but it does seem interesting to me, how fast you guys seem to be able to develop bowel incontinence voluntarily. Did you just have to stop and strain every time you felt the need? That seems like something very hard to consistently do, dealing with day to day life. 

In my case, the bowel accidents were truly that - accidents.  After I'd become bladder incontinent, one day I tried to stifle a sneeze and in the process, soiled my diaper.  Another time, I was working on a piece of machinery and straining to loosen a large nut with a wrench.  In doing so, I tightened my abdominal muscles and messed my diaper again.  There were other accidentally soiled diapers, most of the time resulting from tightening my abdominal muscles.

As near as I can figure, the concentrated effort of relaxing my bladder sphincter muscles also resulted in my anal sphincters also being somewhat relaxed or at least not tightened enough to prevent accidents.  By letting my anal sphincters relax more, bowel movements happen pretty much unimpeded these days.  My experience is that I can expect a bowel movement within an hour or so of a meal.  So, I try to be in a location where I can manage the clean up easily during those times.

Developing bowel incontinence was not a fast process at all if you consider that it took me about 40 years to become bladder incontinent and that the bowel incontinence developed after that.  Back when I was your age in college and using diapers, I discovered that relaxing the anal sphincters would result in a bowel movement when the normal peristaltic contractions of colon and rectum pushed the feces out.  However, I didn't continue doing that because daily activities made it inconvenient.

Holding and straining to go would not result in incontinence.  Doing that would only strengthen the sphincters.

That's very interesting to read. There's not a lot of people I've talked to who have truly developed bowel incontinence voluntarily. It does appear well for you. 

Re the straining I was just referring to how it was sometimes for me before I lost control. There were sometimes on the toilet I had to really push, so in my mind I was trying to imagine pooping myself while I still had control. It seems challenging, but maybe I'm overthinking. 

21 minutes ago, HotDogg55 said:

That's very interesting to read. There's not a lot of people I've talked to who have truly developed bowel incontinence voluntarily. It does appear well for you. 

Re the straining I was just referring to how it was sometimes for me before I lost control. There were sometimes on the toilet I had to really push, so in my mind I was trying to imagine pooping myself while I still had control. It seems challenging, but maybe I'm overthinking. 

I'm curious how you became bowel incontinent. You're pretty young to be having that problem. I'm also curious how you manage the problem. 

You can PM if you'd like to know more.