LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

AB vs DL are they different?

BBoy

AB vs DL are they different?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Should the term 'Diaper Lover' be specific to people who enjoy wearing without wanting to be a baby?

• Yes a DL is different because I don't want to imitate a baby! I'm just a guy/girl in a diaper
    • No! ABs are also DLs. If you like to wear diapers, no matter the reason you are a DL

Sure to stir some feelings but what is your opinion? Should the term DL be specific to people who enjoy wearing without wanting to be a baby? Should there be a specific name for people who don't affiliate with wanting to be a baby or pretend to take on babyish qualities?

6 hours ago, BBoy said:

Should the term DL be specific to people who enjoy wearing without wanting to be a baby? Should there be a specific name for people who don't affiliate with wanting to be a baby or pretend to take on babyish qualities?

I thought DL already meant that.

I've always thought of AB & DL being two different fetishes, but because they often intertwine with each other the two got stuck together.

I think most people just pick the one that suits them, I've seen people who just identify as DL without the AB part such as Craisler who posted

To me, you can be an AB, a DL, or an ABDL.

Some people like ageplay without diapers but still like the "baby age" tendencies (I know many people like this). So not all ABs are DLs.

Many DLs don't like to ageplay at

If you enjoy wearing diapers, you are a DL. I think incontinent people can be DLs too if they enjoy them and wouldn't give them up if they had the option or if they were turned on by them and liked pooping and peeing in them. I think ABs are DLs if they also enjoy diapers. Now one can be DL and not be an AB if they have no interest in anything related to AB such as bottles or pacifiers and cribs and rompers and other AB clothes and being taken care of. No I don't think watching children shows or cartoons or coloring or liking any childish

i agree with much of what was said here already. DL's are people that simply like wearing and using their diapers with little to no desire to act or dress like an infant or youngin'. i find myself as just that. i've tried a few things, but not to the extent of littleamytheil, mainly because nothing appealed to me. no pacifiers, bottles, booties, the only thing i found i like is a onesy and perhaps some sort of pj's

As I suspect is the case with many folk I don't fit into either category. In fact, I'm more of that "/" in AB/DL than an either/or in what may be a false dichotomy [emoji854]

I like your set diagram, diapersalways, but I think it's actually a little more complicated.

You need two intersecting circles - one is "DL" and the other is "little"; and the intersection between the two is "AB" - i.e. people who are both "little" and diaper lovers. But there are diaper lovers who are not AB (in the DL circle, but outside the intersection); and there are those of us who are "little" but not DL (in the "little" circle, but outside the intersection).

I can't draw the diagram on da pooter, though - I don't know how cos I'm only little. So you'll have to draw that ...

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

The term is becoming obsolete as time goes on. It was coined at DPF 34 years ago that I know of and the whole idea was new although AB had beenknown since the Days of Amber E/Mommy Florence 8 years earlier. In the "84-6 timeframe. It was further divided into to Infant-toddler, pre-school, gradee-school, middle-school and up, the latst became teen-baby. Now we have Littles, ALG/LG and I submit VLG (Very Little Girl) 4-7 and Little Boy along with Toddler so "AB" may be losing its meaning. LG can be up to 15 in some cases

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think it is an identity thing.

I think ABs are those who identify as babies and DLs are those who don't.

I think this extends fairly far. I've had pacis and overtly babyish clothes for a while, but I use my paci for comfort and my babyish clothes because they fit well around my diapers in a way that my adult clothes don't. Until recently, I wouldn't have considered myself an AB (I'm feeling an AB element starting to emerge now, so I identify as AB/DL).

For an AB/AK diapers are part of a larger whole and to a greater or lesser amount of importance and may even be the major factor in your world just as they were often the major issue in that of a 5 year old "over age" wetter or used with little girls in some ways (long trips, gatherings, etc)

Atcually rubber panties were used more than diapers, since the would sometimes be put over regular underwear to guard against small accidents, or as punishment, or used under or instead of the regular underwear, which, given their association with babies, was a big deal as well as causing strong, often distracting, feelings, or put on dolls by themselves

In fact, I think we are to such a point of separation now that, while a person can have some of both, the two are really unrelated

AB, which included AK expressed in separate age groups (infnat, toddler, pre-school, grade school and high school now adding LG and LB) have more attending them than just diapers so that diapers, are a large part of the story, are not the whole story or maybe not even the main story. If you go into my "About Me, you find there are a few other things