LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Am I a baby or am I an adult or some kind of hybrid?

Hi everyone. This is Michael Bent. I just finished an article about the Identity conflicts of Adult babies. One of the things we often here is the statement that "I am really an infant with a faked adult exterior". I really get it, I really do. Been three, done that and felt the emotions of it at times. There are times when I am so infantile that even my dog (who treats children and adults, very, very differently) recognises that I am a child and responds accordingly. But the statement is still wrong just the same. I am an adult, but at the same time I am also very much a baby and this doesnt change.

I have developed a model of understanding how this all works together and would invite discussion on the concept. The link is www.abdiscovery.com.au/articles and it is the last one in the list.

I welcome feedback and discussion.

Cheers!

It is actually "compartmentalization" of the two and was recognized early as a form a form of trasgnenderedness or more correctly bigenderederedness" as one LG, Taffy Cheerful, put it "Sex is physical; gender is between the ears"

Compartmentalization is a good idea as it keeps the two from running into each other behaviorally and makes them easy to deal with while still keeping the psychological benefits of both, expanded awareness and appreciation. You can fully enjoy each in its context, time and place without the other intruding on it

Sissy really has nothing to do with being a girl and is from BDSM/FemDom. I regard it as a usurpation of things girlish for non-girlish ends. You might want to go through my blogs on the matter of being LG

I also kind of regard the adult infant and baby girl as somewhat fakey because the cranial development for much in the way of awareness isn't there. I can remember when I was 3 and there is no real concept of "baby" . Mostly I remember what would be curiosity and exploration and no real full self-awareness until a bit after I turned 4. Also gender awareness begins to take shape after age 3 is reached and is considered from 3 to 5 y/o and again, I can vouch for that from memory. I think of it as adult ideas and feelings superimposed on infancy

1 minute ago, Christine Daryleanne said:

"Sex is physical; gender is between the ears"

Interesting that recent studies have surfaced that demonstrate that gender is LITERALLY between the ears, in that transgender people have brain activity in both hemispheres of a particular part of the brain while cisgenders (I hate the term, but it's convenient here) are exclusively in one or the other on a CT scan.

That could still be learned behavior and brain function since we know that the brain can and does adapt to usage. The first studies of that were shown in the cerebellum as physical, especially dexterity, skills are acquired. And it is often the case that we get stroke patients into rehab as quickly as possible so that other parts of the brain can take over for the damaged parts. It is called "neuroplascicity" and implies that learning and usage affect hard-wiring. By the time I turned 6 I

I was accepted as transgendered by the original TGGuide back in 1999/2000. But like most of us there, and unlkie the Agenda-drivien, I am perfectly comfortable wither way; it depends on time-place context. Every LG/TG place I went to i brought with me the tiara fancy and it went viral with many girls getting more than one tiara

One thing that was different was that when I wrote stories at these places, they were about being a girl and nothing else. Most of the others, the main character began as a boy and was turned into a girl with that as an integral part of the story By the time I turned 6, I already liked dolls (early age 5) and tiaras (age 5) and already had a name (age 5-2/3)

1 hour ago, WBDaddy said:

Interesting that recent studies have surfaced that demonstrate that gender is LITERALLY between the ears, in that transgender people have brain activity in both hemispheres of a particular part of the brain while cisgenders (I hate the term, but it's convenient here) are exclusively in one or the other on a CT scan.

Can you post a link to the study?

3 hours ago, WBDaddy said:

I recently read a study from Johns Hopkins that actually debunked that saying that the evidence is too sparse and not statistically significant. They weren't saying that it isnt true but rather that it remains an unproven hypothesis. it was a very interesting and lengthy article.

3 hours ago, Christine Daryleanne said:

It is actually "compartmentalization" of the two and was recognized early as a form a form of trasgnenderedness or more correctly bigenderederedness" as one LG, Taffy Cheerful, put it "Sex is physical; gender is between the ears"

Compartmentalization is a good idea as it keeps the two from running into each other behaviorally and makes them easy to deal with while still keeping the psychological benefits of both, expanded awareness and appreciation. You can fully enjoy each in its context, time and place without the other intruding on it

Sissy really has nothing to do with being a girl and is from BDSM/FemDom. I regard it as a usurpation of things girlish for non-girlish ends. You might want to go through my blogs on the matter of being LG

I also kind of regard the adult infant and baby girl as somewhat fakey because the cranial development for much in the way of awareness isn't there. I can remember when I was 3 and there is no real concept of "baby" . Mostly I remember what would be curiosity and exploration and no real full self-awareness until a bit after I turned 4. Also gender awareness begins to take shape after age 3 is reached and is considered from 3 to 5 y/o and again, I can vouch for that from memory. I think of it as adult ideas and feelings superimposed on infancy

You are actually referring to compartmentalision of behaviour, not identity. Identity is vastly different to personality or even behaviour. Behaviour and personality are built UPON identity. This is why the existence in some of a genuine separate SUB_identity

4 minutes ago, WBDaddy said:

Gender fluid or gender queer is what it's referred to, men who slip easily into the feminine role and vice versa, but aren't so attached to one role or the other.

And it is a dreadful and hopelessly inaccurate terminology. Even your own description uses the term 'role' which is where the discrepancy is. Gender ROLES and gender ITSELF are two very different things. Trying to conflate gender and behaviour is disastrous. Gender is the cornerstone of identity and identity does not float around unmoored wanting to dock at any port it feels like.

A feminine sub-identity is quite understandable and manageable just as having a BABY sub-identity is also understandable and manageable. In

41 minutes ago, WBDaddy said:

Gender fluid or gender queer is what it's referred to, men who slip easily into the feminine role and vice versa, but aren't so attached to one role or the other.

As someone who identifies as genderfluid (namely because of my little self and the way that both identities have aspects that bleed into one another), people who have one identity who identify as both genders or no gender or switching between genders confuse me. If they have one identity and no sub-identity, what need do they have to identify with more than one gender or a completely different gender than male or female? Honestly, this is why I feel gender needs its own "Kinsey scale". The number of people in this world whose behavior is solely masculine or solely feminine cannot be that high. The idea that all roles fall in line with the same behavior is statistically impossible, and maybe this idea that our gender and gender behavior are inextricably linked would start to ebb if more people realized that instead of thinking "I like male things AND female things, so I must be this x-gender that's completely different from the other two!"

53 minutes ago, minachan16 said:

As someone who identifies as genderfluid (namely because of my little self and the way that both identities have aspects that bleed into one another), people who have one identity who identify as both genders or no gender or switching between genders confuse me. If they have one identity and no sub-identity, what need do they have to identify with more than one gender or a completely different gender than male or female? Honestly, this is why I feel gender needs its own "Kinsey scale". The number of people in this world whose behavior is solely masculine or solely feminine cannot be that high. The idea that all roles fall in line with the same behavior is statistically impossible, and maybe this idea that our gender and gender behavior are inextricably linked would start to ebb if more people realized that instead of thinking "I like male things AND female things, so I must be this x-gender that's completely different from the other two!"

Perhaps it is no more complex that confusing and conflating two very different terms: 'gender' and 'gender roles'. Being male has different roles within

3 hours ago, Diapered Jason said:

Huh? That journal is not peer reviewed and it is filled with opinions. The article also contains no results. It is more like a review letter than anything else.

WBDaddy's linked article on the other hand comes from a peer-reviewed journal that contains an actual study were data was obtained, analyzed, and interpreted. They will certainly need to run more tests to verify their conclusions, but I believe they are off to a better start. Of course, Christine can still be correct in that gender is a learned behavior, since they tested adult subjects. You would have to test infants using the same tests to prove that gender is something you are born with. Even though it may be a learned behavior, it sill does not necessarily mean you can choose your gender.

My current hypothesis is that gender is learned. Experience goes a long way defining who a person is. As a parent of two children, you can see instantly how perceived sex changes the way the child is treated, which toys they are given, and how much they are coddled.

Corrections: If you read WBDaddy's linked article, they used MRI, not CT scans. They are also not referring to any specific hemispherical part of the brain as they were analyzing the white matter fibers within the entire organ.

The article I linked you to was referring to a Johns Hopkins PEER-REVIEWED set of studies and if you actually read it (which seems unlikely) it made multiple references to studies and their results. A peer-reviewed article does not suddenly become opinion or of lesser value if it is then quoted verbatim

5 hours ago, rosalie.bent said:

The article I linked you to was referring to a Johns Hopkins PEER-REVIEWED set of studies and if you actually read it (which seems unlikely) it made multiple references to studies and their results. A peer-reviewed article does not suddenly become opinion or of lesser value if it is then quoted verbatim

41 minutes ago, Diapered Jason said:

It's value is actually significantly reduced when placed in a review article. For one, you can't quote verbatim, because that would be plagiarism. Unless you go and read every article referenced, which you probably didn't, it is still second hand. Lastly, the journal is called the New Atlantis, seriously? They have an impact factor of near zero, which means they are hardly ever referenced. You'll also see this journal is not about publishing new scientific discoveries, but rather the journal is politically motivated. As a result, the article you linked is junk just like the journal it came from.

Also, I think I acknowledged that my third paragraph was a hypothesis, so it is completely unsupported, just like your second paragraph from the post above.

I look forward to rejecting everything you write from now on unless it is part of the original and complete peer-reviewed published article and only in

I feel like a baby, but I don't feel like I'm faking being an adult.

Some kids are considered babies even though they can do the same stuff as other kids that are considered toddlers or just kids (without qualification) because of age, manner, emotional reactions or things like that.

I'm like that. I feel I've gone through to adulthood without unsetting my 'baby' flag. I don't feel like I'm putting on another identity when I'm wearing "babyish" clothing or sucking on my paci - I can quite capably do adult things while doing those things. I don't feel like a baby with an adult exterior, I feel like an adult who is also a baby, just as some 4- and 5-year-olds are still babies.

9 minutes ago, Kaliborio said:

I feel like a baby, but I don't feel like I'm faking being an adult.

Some kids are considered babies even though they can do the same stuff as other kids that are considered toddlers or just kids (without qualification) because of age, manner, emotional reactions or things like that.

I'm like that. I feel I've gone through to adulthood without unsetting my 'baby' flag. I don't feel like I'm putting on another identity when I'm wearing "babyish" clothing or sucking on my paci - I can quite capably do adult things while doing those things. I don't feel like a baby with an adult exterior, I feel like an adult who is also a baby, just as some 4- and 5-year-olds are still babies.

And your experience is fine. The article is referring to those whose regression or 'baby side' is so strong and powerful that it can be overpowering and difficult to control. THese are the kind of people who begin to wonder whether they are an actual baby or not and 'faking' being an adult. It can be a disorienting experience and why understanding the concept of sub-identity can help reorient to some degree.

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

I have had a number of responses from people about the article on Sub Identities. It has been gratifying to hear people say that it explains who they are better. It has helped them to accept their true nature of being primarily adult but with a genuine sub-identity of infant. I think it works for a lot of people.