LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

The things you would stop doing, if you were incontinent

My incontinence hasn't stopped me doing anything yet. I wear nappies or large incontinence pads all the time and as yet they have not been a problem. I don't care who knows I wear nappies so I guess that helps.

• Like 1

As I go through the most enjoyable freedom of "unpotty training" myself I have yet to encounter any situation and/or activity what would cause me in having to stop it. While concentrating on bladder incontinence, I fully realize that becoming

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Over the course of the last two years, I've gone from full continence to full incontinence, so I can tell you what I have stopped doing.

I used to be an actor and singer. I've pulled way back on my acting - I take one-scene roles where I'm fully dressed. When I became urinary IC, I tried to continue at the same pace I had before, but it wasn't practical for several reasons: you have to share a dressing room; a leaked-on costume is a bigger issue than leaked-on clothes; diapers rise up high, so if you can't wear an undershirt there's a chance of your diaper being seen; diaper changes take too long to do during a show and there's the possibility of being heard over the mic if your diapers are particularly crinkly and your mic pack is activated at an inopportune time. I'm still a singer, because that means I tend to get called on for relatively brief periods, relatively far apart in the show, so I don't have much to worry about (and in an absolute emergency, the song can simply be skipped).

I do less intense cardio. I find running in diapers to be really unenjoyable - it wasn't great before diapers but it's freaking terrible in them. On the upside, I do a lot more regular slightly-lower-intensity exercise like integrating long walks into my daily routine.

My diet is probably slightly less healthy

I have dealt with urinary incontinence since late 1998. At first I thought that I would need to become a recluse. After a few months I got off my pity pot and joined the human race. It took lots of trial and error but I came up with the best way for me to manage my lack of bladder control. I have dealt with public accidents and embarrassment. I don't let it bother me. I travel all over and have never had an issue wearing protection. I met and married the most wonderful and understanding woman. There is only one thing that I cannot do and that is winning a bladder holding contest. I don't care if anyone has a problem with me having a neurogenic bladder. It is their problem, not mine. I'm as active as I was before the accident. It takes me a few minutes more everyday to get ready for the day and to change as needed but it is necessary so I don't look at it as waisted time. I wear both disposable and reusable diapers so there's also time needed for laundry a couple times a week. I will not let being incontinent hold me back. Life is good.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, stevewet said:

I have never understood why incontinence would stop you enjoying life. Get over your self wear a nappy and get on with life.

I honestly hope you DO understand how incontinence would stop someone enjoying life, because hopefully you understand that not everyone lives your life or wants to live your life.

Incontinence can make things harder and more inconvenient, thereby making the things you enjoy in life more difficult and less enjoyable. Not everybody lives your life. Some people live very sociable, active and ambitious lives, and I find it surprising how you cannot understand how being incontinent would stop people from enjoying their lives to the full. Maybe you do have a super sociable and very active life and you just have a different mindset to most people.

Are you saying if the football player Ronaldo became incontinent he should just get over himself and run around the pitch for 90 minutes in a nappy? You can't see how him going to wear a nappy on his beach holidays in the public eye would stop him enjoying his life? Let's tame it down a bit, how about any regular sane minded person who enjoys beach holidays...Wearing a nappy still has a stigma attached to it and therefore will attract public attention if not well concealed. Maybe you don't care about this but most people do.

How about a young guy/girl in their twenties or thirties going out with friends or trying to date someone. You think everyone they meet is going to say 'oh you wear a diaper, that's cool'. How about people that like hiking/mountaineering like myself. You think I am able to carry a case of Tena Maxi with me on a 7 day trip?

Think outside the box and appreciate there are millions of people who do not live your lifestyle and their 'enjoyment' in life depends on different things to yours which wearing nappies would definitely impact on.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, DBiker said:

I honestly hope you DO understand how incontinence would stop someone enjoying life, because hopefully you understand that not everyone lives your life or wants to live your life.

Incontinence can make things harder and more inconvenient, thereby making the things you enjoy in life more difficult and less enjoyable. Not everybody lives your life. Some people live very sociable, active and ambitious lives, and I find it surprising how you cannot understand how being incontinent would stop people from enjoying their lives to the full. Maybe you do have a super sociable and very active life and you just have a different mindset to most people.

Are you saying if the football player Ronaldo became incontinent he should just get over himself and run around the pitch for 90 minutes in a nappy? You can't see how him going to wear a nappy on his beach holidays in the public eye would stop him enjoying his life? Let's tame it down a bit, how about any regular sane minded person who enjoys beach holidays...Wearing a nappy still has a stigma attached to it and therefore will attract public attention if not well concealed. Maybe you don't care about this but most people do.

How about a young guy/girl in their twenties or thirties going out with friends or trying to date someone. You think everyone they meet is going to say 'oh you wear a diaper, that's cool'. How about people that like hiking/mountaineering like myself. You think I am able to carry a case of Tena Maxi with me on a 7 day trip?

Think outside the box and appreciate there are millions of people who do not live your lifestyle and their 'enjoyment' in life depends on different things to yours which wearing nappies would definitely impact on.