LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Wicking Problem?

Octavian

I have the same problem with cloth diapers. The legs constrict the diaper in the crotch and prevent wicking. I suppose that if you have skinny legs that don't compress the diaper in the crotch area, wicking could take place and you could use the entire diaper capacity.

Wicking can be caused in several ways: Through the elastic at the leg openings and also when wearing waterproof pants made from PUL and the polyurethane "delaminates" exposing the fabric to wetness. Also there is compression wicking which happens when you sit on a soaked diaper and it wrings itself out under pressure. some of my earlier waterproof pants show slight signs of wicking because the laminate is wearing out, but my newer pants--which I'm making out of a bit heavier PUL (1.33 mil as opposed to 1 mil) are not leaking at all. I make the crotch wide enough to keep the fold-over elastic from touching the wet diaper as much as possible, although the elastic is supposed to be waterproof.

I use Zorb soaker panels inside the diaper which helps to hold moisture in suspension longer. The best thing to do is change frequently before you reach the saturation point of the diaper and soaker panel. sometimes I have to change after 2-1/2 hours, while other times I can go more than 4 hours on a change.

• 4 weeks later...