LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Adult Baby Diapers
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DailyDi

Chat Forced Beta Coming

40 posts in this topic

softwareis not runing good i think

A lot of node problems tonight, couldn't stay connected for more than a very little bit.

He's resetting the node for software updates. Hopefully the user list will now be working

im not a fan of the new chat with babble becasue u cant see the users and when im on my laptop i dont get messenges in the main chat, i miss the old way

Oh dear ... everything that I said was solved ... it's back to how it was.

1 person likes this

At first blush, not impressed.  Others who are on chat don't show up.  Why fix something that was not broken?

1 hour ago, TeddyBear said:

At first blush, not impressed.  Others who are on chat don't show up.  Why fix something that was not broken?

Because the old chat service is being discontinued. We HAVE to move to something

I am finding it impossible to use with the user list bug. I can live with connectivity.

Don't know if this is a major issue that could be fixed but it can be a real pain when addressing multiple people:

If you start typing before the message you sent shows up then it removes everything you have written from the time you hit enter to the time it shows up.

Since I type quickly quite often this can be really annoying as I am used to sending messages quickly and in succession. It makes talking to many people easier when you can start typing as soon as you hit enter to send the message.

Two questions for Mikey:

a) I think we like the current presentation of chat.   Any way we can take that source code and re-target it?

b ) The critical, must have feature underlying chat is that it the DD moderators control who may speak in the chat area.   Is there a strong reason we could not use a modified standard IRC chat client that would check in with dailydiapers.com for a list of authenticated users and their IP addresses, and display only comments from those users?

a ) So far no, but it is what I have recommended to Invision (turn it over to one of the trusted developers there to maintain)

b ) We tried IRC in the past, but with "free to create rooms" platforms like that we ended up with everyone wanting to control their own rooms and had 20 rooms with 1 or two people in it instead of a real group chat. Plus other sites were making similarly named rooms and then trying to poach our members (mostly run by former members who left on bad terms)

It won't let me in the room

Why not Discord?

10 hours ago, Pudding said:

Why not Discord?

Doesn't currently offer a way to integrate it with the site/forum

On 12/21/2016 at 10:04 PM, DailyDi said:

a ) So far no, but it is what I have recommended to Invision (turn it over to one of the trusted developers there to maintain)

b ) We tried IRC in the past, but with "free to create rooms" platforms like that we ended up with everyone wanting to control their own rooms and had 20 rooms with 1 or two people in it instead of a real group chat. Plus other sites were making similarly named rooms and then trying to poach our members (mostly run by former members who left on bad terms)

b )  IRC, unmodified, doesn't offer the necessary boundaries -- that is, there's no way to ban me from the chat when I misbehave and make silly suggestions as to how chat might work in the future!   There's also nothing to prevent me from IRC chatting on #sillydilly if I feel like talking to only me, myself, and I.    So any way this IRC sausage gets sliced, it's a custom client that will need to check in with the DD server, (at a minimum to enforce bans) and I don't think anybody will have the motivation to break the agreed-upon rules concerning rooms.

I always wondered what happened to multiple areas in chat....there are certainly times when a semi-private area would be useful...in that I can get into subject matter in chat that bores many to tears, but there may be more than just one other person interested.

c) I can't believe Discord doesn't have a way to integrate into the site!  Worth looking into.