LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Adult Baby Diapers
Teksing88889

adult diapers
Diapers for surgery?

6 posts in this topic

So I go for surgery on my feet next Sunday on the 11th December 2016, I had the pre-operation talk yesterday and basically asked if I needed protection from incontinence related problems but the nurse assured me that I won't be needing them once I am anicitised but I have ordered some for my post operation recovery period just in case.

only sensible reaily given that I wont be able to make it to the toilets on time afterwards because my leg will be in a brace although if I am asked next week if I need a catheter or a diaper following my surgery if I have to stay overnight in hospital then obviously I will choose the latter because I don't want anymore unnecessary pain other than what's going to be expected from the foot.

Obviously I am more at ease now than I was a month ago because of the fact that I have been informed that the procedure should only take a day but I can't rule out complications with the surgery but hopefully there will be none.

yours sincerely

Chinababy888.

I have had several surgeries on my right foot and ankle. I shattered it in 2003 when I fell from a 14 foot A frame ladder. I am a bed wetter and I have limited day time control. I wore diapers during my first surgery and I needed to be changed once I woke up. The second and third surgeries, the nurse doing the prep asked me very matter of fact if I was wearing my diapers or did they need to provide me with one. I told her I was already wearing and the subject was dropped. The point I am making is. They already had it in my records I wear them.  no one cared at all. They just wanted to know if I was prepared.

According to my wife After the second surgery. The post op team went to the lobby and asked my wife if I had any extra diapers with me because I was soaked and needed to be changed. They said they could provide diapers if she didn't have any.  My wife went to the car got my diaper bag for them. The story my wife told me is she went back with the nurses and Two rather good looking nurses changed my diaper. Sadly I wasn't awake to enjoy it. Oh well I guess I got my dream.. too bad I I don't remember anything about it.:blush:

One of our Littles just spent several days in the hospital. The Mommy explained to the nursing staff that she would take care of all diaper changes and they were happy to allow it. She used Rearz. After each diaper change, the head nurse noted the extremely high volume that this diaper held without even the slightest amount of leaking, stating that she was going to do her best to replace the old standard hospital diaper they've always used with Rearz! The Mommy also knew that our Little would rest better during the hospital stay by bringing his favorite soft blankies :-) IMG_9725.PNGIMG_9726.PNG

2 people like this

So I too have gone to surgery and on my bladder on multiple occasions. I wear my Tykables or Rearz Inspire and the OR team has one of my dry diapers to put on me after my surgery is over. During my most recent procedure on my bladder last Oct, I found myself awakening on the OR table while the OR team was putting one of my dry diapers on me. Sadly the old fart circulating nurse sucked at this simple task and barely got 3 out of 4 tape tabs attached to the diaper. I was soaked shortly there after in the recovery room as was the stretcher. My wife who is a RN was summoned by the recovery room nurse to help her change me. Had my urologist still been in the OR, I'm sure she would have expertly gotten me diapered properly. Make sure you tell the OR team and the anesthesia team your Incontinent and wear diapers. They're there to try and help keep you as comfortable even if it means carrying a spare dry diaper for you to surgery. I detest laying in wet bedding and clothing. That's why I wear diapers in the first place! 

On 12/23/2016 at 10:45 PM, peepants said:

So I too have gone to surgery and on my bladder on multiple occasions. I wear my Tykables or Rearz Inspire and the OR team has one of my dry diapers to put on me after my surgery is over. During my most recent procedure on my bladder last Oct, I found myself awakening on the OR table while the OR team was putting one of my dry diapers on me. Sadly the old fart circulating nurse sucked at this simple task and barely got 3 out of 4 tape tabs attached to the diaper. I was soaked shortly there after in the recovery room as was the stretcher. My wife who is a RN was summoned by the recovery room nurse to help her change me. Had my urologist still been in the OR, I'm sure she would have expertly gotten me diapered properly. Make sure you tell the OR team and the anesthesia team your Incontinent and wear diapers. They're there to try and help keep you as comfortable even if it means carrying a spare dry diaper for you to surgery. I detest laying in wet bedding and clothing. That's why I wear diapers in the first place! 

I always had great care in the hospital and you are best off bringing your own diapers for them to change you into after surgery.

DL Biker, you are so very right about bring your own diapers suggestion. The one time I did not have my own diaper available I woke up in one very cheap and substandard Attends in the recovery room. The recovery room nurse ended up changing me twice that day. To make matters worse by the time my wife drove us to pharmacy to get post op Rx's then go home, I was totally soaking wet through my cloths! I detest wet clothing. My wife who is a RN has never made that mistake again by insisting I have extra diapers both with me in the OR but also in her big oversized computer bag/purse to keep her little peepants hubby dry! Thanks for pointing this fact out!