LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Tech Geeks Unite!!! (Computer Issue)

I have a Dell Inspiron 560 I'm working on for a friend. I work on computers on the side, doing anti-virus services as well as upgrades, and trimming the system for optimal performance, that kind of thing. I'm not a novice when it comes to computers, but I'm no pro either. I went to DeVry for electronic and computer engineering and the hardware end of things is something I'm a pro at. The software I've taught myself about over the years as well as some minor dealings with it at DeVry (like OS installations and such). I learn most of what I need to know from diagnosing, elimination, and research (like googling). I'm competent, we'll say. Or as one of my computer professors once wisely informed us...

There might be one of those sneaky programs that made its way in by email or as an add on.

You know the, click here if you want to improve your computer speed things.

I would first check the list of programs on the uninstall programs list, list to see if it there is something there that was installed.

1 minute ago, oliver d said:

Why dont you just format the computer that is normally what I do if I have something I cannot find.

This is one of those crappy walmart deals where it doesn't come with a partition for recovery. The owner has a time frame when they purchase to download it, but no one ever does lol. Reinstalls are always my last resort try, but sometimes the computer just doesn't have it. *shrugs*

19 hours ago, diapered-nicksfan said:

even though the CPU, RAM, and motherboard are all rated for 1333Mhz FSB, it's running at 1066Mhz. There's no option in the BIOS either.

Well, figured this out as well. Power saving options. It downclocks to save power, and ramps up under stress. Booyaaaa

Nice improvement with the CPU upgrade as well. Was pegging out at 100% just doing something simple like opening Chrome. System would sometimes freeze. Now