LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Go Vote!

Just saying no matter whom you are voting for! Go out and vote! If you think your vote doesn't count or is wasted. Just remember there are others like you and that's where your vote no longer matters if you waste it by not voting. Don't buy in on the whole a vote for 3rd party is a vote for candidates x and y. No its a vote for the 3rd party. Go vote! Show your I voted stickers proudly!

• Like 2

You Americans are quite lucky in regard to your voting system. My vote over here literally means nothing due to how constituencies work and the "first past the post" system which means it is pointless for me to vote. In a 50,000 person constituency with at least 6 or 7 parties running, one party has a 10,000 odd vote lead in every election since before the wars.

Basically, whilst not perfect, I can pretty much say for sure that your vote in America means more than a vote here for what it's worth :lol:

Also, when people think their vote doesn't matter, that's how we get things like Brexit (which mattered a lot more because it wasn't first past the post) so go out and have your say, that way when you spend the next four years complaining, you can say "Don't blame me I voted for the other one!"

• Like 1

The country is split into constituencies, 350+, not sure how many exactly.

Each one is represented by a single member of parliament (MP). Whichever party has the most MP's are the winners and form a government as long as they have a majority over the rest of the parties put together. If they don't they either form a minority government or a coalition with one or more of the other parties.

Basically, if your constituency is a "safe seat" for one party or the other, voting is irrelevant. The Tory MP here has a majority of over 10,000 and the party have had that for years and years... Probably at least one hundred. So me, not being a Tory, means I vote for one of the other parties in my area. They lose and therefore my vote counts for nothing unless the demographics of this place swing wildly, which they won't.

Hence our current government... I believe they got a total of 33% of the total vote at the last election. And they lead the country as a full, majority government.

EDIT: Which is why I'm saying your vote matters more than mine! You guys have a national total rather than boundaries drawn to make sure certain people win.

4 hours ago, Elfy said:

The country is split into constituencies, 350+, not sure how many exactly.

Each one is represented by a single member of parliament (MP). Whichever party has the most MP's are the winners and form a government as long as they have a majority over the rest of the parties put together. If they don't they either form a minority government or a coalition with one or more of the other parties.

Basically, if your constituency is a "safe seat" for one party or the other, voting is irrelevant. The Tory MP here has a majority of over 10,000 and the party have had that for years and years... Probably at least one hundred. So me, not being a Tory, means I vote for one of the other parties in my area. They lose and therefore my vote counts for nothing unless the demographics of this place swing wildly, which they won't.

Hence our current government... I believe they got a total of 33% of the total vote at the last election. And they lead the country as a full, majority government.

EDIT: Which is why I'm saying your vote matters more than mine! You guys have a national total rather than boundaries drawn to make sure certain people win.

It's 650 seats in the UK House of Commons.

• Like 1
On 11/8/2016 at 10:10 AM, AwakenEvil said:

Just saying no matter whom you are voting for! Go out and vote! If you think your vote doesn't count or is wasted. Just remember there are others like you and that's where your vote no longer matters if you waste it by not voting. Don't buy in on the whole a vote for 3rd party is a vote for candidates x and y. No its a vote for the 3rd party. Go vote! Show your I voted stickers proudly!

3 hours ago, Elfy said:

This seems strange.

1. That doesn't sound healthy if you can't have your own vote. It sounds weird that a family member would influence a vote to that degree.

and

2. Votes are secret... Couldn't you just vote the way you wanted and then tell this other person you voted the other way?

It's strange but not unheard of. I know of someone who did that. She was not forced. She was codependent and liked being controlled, but I hear she was not told how to vote. She likely saw it as submission to her husband. He passed away from cancer years ago now. She has recovered somewhat since then. She votes how she likes.

On 11/24/2016 at 10:58 AM, diapersalways said:

whats also interesting are the reports showing at least 3 million illegal immigrants voted, i doubt we'll see any accountability over that...

their votes shouldnt count anymore than an american in mexico would

or any non-citizen in any other country for that matter

Cite?