LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Adult Baby Diapers
DrunknFox

Have you worn a premium diaper that you just didn't like

31 posts in this topic

So, we've all been there and done that with Pampers, Goodnites, and especially those awful Depends...

Now the real question to all you is; Have you ever worn a Premium diaper (ABU, Rearz, Northshore, etc), that you really did not like? 

Maybe there was a time when you wore a Rearz Safari and on the same day, your girlfriend broke up with you, and you said 'never again'? Maybe the ABU Little Pawz gingham pattern brought back bad memories from the 1990s? Or maybe the thickness and width on the Tykables is too much for your skinny waist? Who knows.

Getting back to the serious question though, I found that the plastic on the Rearz Little Squirts too... plasticy. It's a thick plastic, and it kinds takes me away from the diaper feel, where it feels more like plastic pants. Plus the leg-gatherers don't feel like they hold up. That's just me though.

This is a fun discussion, no hate or disdain toward any diaper company. Perhaps that one diaper isn't for you.

I absolutely adore my Rearz Princess-Pinks, but I also have a package of original (not the new updated ones) Inspire diapers. The plastic on them is rough and kinda garbage-bag like and isn't smooth. Well I mean it's technically smooth, but it has a rough feeling to it.

Compared to cheaper stuff, they're still very nice - but for the money it was a bit of a letdown. The plastic on the Princess-Pinks is substantially softer.

Bambino Belissimo... I bought a pack and maybe it was just bad luck but the tapes were awful... I've had problems with a lot of tapes recently with them slipping but the Bambino tapes became a problem almost as soon as I stood up!

2 people like this

Abena M4. 

After reading a lot of excellent reviews here and there is decided to buy some. I got sample packs of both plastic back and cloth back. 

I found on both the sides stretched out way too much and the really sucked at refastening and way to bulky between my legs.  Couldn't stand staying in them that long especially if I wore jeans over them. 

I just couldn't see what all the fuss was about and I was sure glad I didn't purchase more. I hate when I spend my hard earned money diapers that disappoint. 

There are others I have been disappointed over too over the years.

Crinklz:

I loved them at first and made repeat purchases of them, but after about 5 packs of them I just got sick of them.

I think the print on them is ugly, and thought they felt a bit like a carrier bag full of cotton and preferred the thinner but hard feeling of Tena Slips, I went through a phase of finding thick diapers a bit unnecessary although have gotten back into thicker diapers since getting some Drylife Super Slips.

But I wouldn’t buy Crinklz again if you paid me.

Bambino and ABU Space both. Too bulky and UN-comfortable for daily use. Especially the Bambino. Not crazy about graphics either,

M4 too, just never liked it

I am not a fan of the M4. Ugly AF IMO. The Dry 24/7 doesn't excite me either for some reason. Maybe because they feel medical. Also, anything from Bambino just doesn't fit well. I'm glad ABU really became competitive after Strom bought it. 

I haven't tried very many premium diapers, but the ABU Space just didn't do it for me. It's a nice diaper on the inside, it holds a lot; all that jazz. But the design and the feel just wasn't for me. Weirdly enough, ABU Little Pawz are my current favorite haha. So it evens out in the end.

Just to chime in on the M4, since everyone seems to be mentioning it: I bought a pack once, and I don't really remember it very well. I wasn't super impressed, but IIRC I liked them overall. OFC, I say that but I haven't ordered another case, haha. You can't win 'em all.

Didn't really like the Fabines. Plastic wasn't great, didn't fit very well, and leaked through the outer plastic (not the leak guards). Wouldn't buy them again.

1 hour ago, WakkoWannaBe said:

IABU Space just didn't do it for me.

Yeah, I feel the Space diapers are too busy. And maybe I'm reminded of the rlybad video commercial they made for them. A bit too high on the creepometer. 

Wellness Brief.  I got a sample when they first hit the market and liked them.  I bought 3 bags and ended up hating them.  The fit seemed wrong, poor odor control and all of the diapers in two of the bags were full of pinholes.   I tried the signature series soon after, but didn't care for the huge advertisement on the front panel.

Also Cuddlz.  

I bought a 10 pack from Rearz costing me $48. I thought the design was great and the one tape per side was a plus. So after much anticipation I ordered some.  The fit was nice. They were really soft inside and out, but was really disappointed when I discovered the plastic would split in the back.  They just couldn't hold up to the stress of sitting, bending, especially after refastening.  

What a waste of money. 

I did not like the Dry 24/7.  did not like the fit and they leaked. the Dry 24/7s  I had did not hold much, not sure if I had a bad batch. Every one else talks about how much they hold. the ones I had did not hold as much as the Abena L4 

Both Wellness and Dry 24/7 were disappointing.  Wellness just had the feel of a cheap diaper, and 24/7 had a terrible fit for me.   I fit very well in a standard medium diaper, which is fortunate.

I'm using the Safari diaper, which is a good choice, but a little thick for using during the day and I don't wet enough at night to make use of them.

I guess I could say in general, I am a fan of plain white or a nursery prints.  I not like any writing or institutional graphics on them 

Abu lavender, poor fit,uncomfy and overly strong smell of chemical lavender like room spray.

Also hated dry 24/7, too big and clumped up.

After an experience last night, I remembered how A+ has let me down almost every time I wear them.

It's too bad, because they're really comfortable, but without leak guards, I end up sleeping in a puddle.

Bambinos in general. Mediums are too small and become uncomfortable to wear. Larges are the right size but with the high lower tape placement I can't pull a good enough seal around my rear and always end up leaking. Great diapers but I won't be buying them ever again unless they lower the bottom tapes on the larges or make a size in between.

1 person likes this

On 10/17/2016 at 8:07 PM, Elfy said:

Bambino Belissimo... I bought a pack and maybe it was just bad luck but the tapes were awful... I've had problems with a lot of tapes recently with them slipping but the Bambino tapes became a problem almost as soon as I stood up!

I thought it must just be me getting a couple of defective packs! I was unimpressed enough that I switched to other brands and didn't look back. I feel intellectually glad but emotionally saddened to know that the defective tapes are a permanent problem.

On 10/18/2016 at 0:21 AM, PullUpDiaperLover said:

Bambino and ABU Space both. Too bulky and UN-comfortable for daily use. Especially the Bambino. Not crazy about graphics either,

Going to play devil's advocate here and say that while they are bulky and that can be uncomfortable, what they lack in discretion they make up for in performance. I liked them before I was IC. Now that I am IC they are a godsend. They have a very valuable niche in my wardrobe for when I'm going outside my hometown and don't have all the changing room locations memorised.

As to my own choice of worst diaper - Molicares. The tapes are 'refastenable' but the cover will rip if you try, and the fit is such that on a diaper that's sized right for me, it's incredibly tight over the butt - no room to expand.

Beesana Super Slip.. Good thing I only got a trail pack of these, the mediums are cut crazy small and the tapes suck, put one on, moved around the house for about 20-30mins wet once. Sat down and 3 of the 4 tapes popped :( Probably due to the fact that the medium which says it fits to 45" is a tight stretch at 36" Capacity doesn't seem to be anywhere near the claimed 3300ml

tl:dr - anyone looking at beesana super slip.. if you are close to the start of the next size up, go with the larger size, perhaps a bit better fitment may stop the tapes popping YMMV though..

Bambino Teddy diapers. It's not that I didn't enjoy them, but at their price point, it kinda takes the fun out of it. That, and just about any store-bought diaper I've tried, but then again they all suck.

I'm stuck with 40+ Tykables Overnights that I really don't like. They're too thin for me, the plastic feels cheap, and they seem to always split underneath the plastic landing zone for some odd reason. I only got them because people said they swelled more than any diaper and the print was okay-ish on them.

6 hours ago, Wainwright said:

I'm stuck with 40+ Tykables Overnights that I really don't like. They're too thin for me, the plastic feels cheap, and they seem to always split underneath the plastic landing zone for some odd reason. I only got them because people said they swelled more than any diaper and the print was okay-ish on them.

Maybe you could list them here and sell them to some member who likes them.  Or EBAY if you want.

54 minutes ago, rusty pins said:

Maybe you could list them here and sell them to some member who likes them.  Or EBAY if you want.

I've been seriously considering that.