LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

When to change

Hi,

I have recently had to start wearing pads, I find that I use 4-6 of the Lille Supreme Fit Super Plus Pads. Problem isknowing when to change before you leak. At the moment I am not sure wether I am slightly wet to just about to leak.

To do a decent check you need to pop to the toilet, sort out everything, guess on the back of how far it. But this seems very awkward. Sorry very new to this, after various methods and solutions the pads I have found are best suited to my lifestyle

Are they any tricks, people say about squishness and again I have only felt that when the pad is reaching capacity. The indicators are my best shot but difficult to see behind and work out how bad it is (especially on Lille / Cloth backed). Uneven wetting i.e. more front / bottom rather that rear seems to complicate matters.

My only method so far is when you feel a damp spot sometimes against the skin then it is likely the pad is at capacity.

Unfortunately, when you know you need to change but are caught out (phone calls, nowhere convenient then I have leaked a bit which a rather embarassing situation, a major leak in a supermarker recently (althougth thank you to the staff for being so understanding).

Any advice, many thanks for any help in advance.

Gary

That makes alot of sense. The main problem is during work the more stressed / anxious the more I focus on others. Unfortunately when I focus it highly focused and thats when I have the most accidents. I sort of go elsewhere and the real priorities melt into nothing. As far I frequently leak as I just don't notice. Is there a nappy alarm like a bedwetting alarm. Maybe with a sensor at the back. The pads do the job and I use the average per day, I.e 4 to 6 usually 5. An alarm going off may jerr me out to say to get changed. If that makes sense?

I have been a bed wetter for years that was easily solved with nappies and I gives me a feeling of security which is second to none. When my daytime control started to waver recently I had to wear during the day. Now daytime is a problem as I have aspergers which means when I am highly focused on tasks I lose touch with reality. I lose hours not noticing the world around me. Now this is a right problem. As I know I am protected before I am wearing so it becomes a non issue. When it starts to leak I feel the change and know I need a change. When I am not focused I am in state of anxiety about wearing, does it show, will I leak if I sit down. Even if there is a 1% chance that too much. My hands are shaking thinking about it. Sorry

The only way I can think of to help your problem is for you to learn to have confidence in that the diapers you're wearing will keep you dry and protected. Confidence comes with experience. I've worn diapers for nearly 60 years.

As a kid, I was a bedwetter.

UPDATE: Today

Well it is definitely work, I get up take off my nighttime pad and enjoy the freedom.

Leave for work, sithin two minutes the background anxiety starts. I then pull over and get pad because within 15 mintutes (of a 30 minutes) I will have an accident.Well accident implies a choice and there is none. If I have been to the toilet before I leave its a dribble if not can be more.

Then until I leave work its not worth not wearing, Had some serious coding to do today. Got into it and low and behold at the 2pm deadline for the end of coding segment, shock, horror, soaked and leaked, privately I might add. Oh well, did get some quality work done.

Unless I focus on something else then all I will think about is the pad. Which is too distracting (I wont leak but will have constant worry/anxiety over leaking/people seeing/etc).

Or I work (I need to), Focus (Get on) and wet (which I wont notice). Oh well, I best get used to it and hope then I can find a balance.

So now 3/4 thru the day onto the second pad (which I have no clue to how wet it is, I am probably close to changing.

I dont see at the moment how I can avoid it, the capacity/protection wont help as I will still get distracted and forget I am wearing. To explain, if you dont need to do anytime on a task (like changing) at that moment then it goes out my head unless I think about it again. Because my head is so busy this means then next thinking about it is leaking. It is very fustrating. I know about fixation pants, plastic pants, boosters, doubling, etc. So protection is sorted. My head isn't

I keep trying but It slips my mind. I have no real concept of priorities because I get focused on a task and the world melt away along with time. Need an alarm clock but self is not great and it alot of alarms for me to snooze in the morning.

Today has been better only one leak, my order came in so I wasnt on my last few days of supplies.

Currently using Tena Slip Maxi, a bit tight but I like them.

First time changing in a disabled toilet, but unfortuately as I was buying the pads my stomach was rubbleling. As I was paying, a guggle was heard and I was trying to hold on until I got the toilet but my luck wasnt in and I messed myself, 2 times this week, at the till. Apologised and left the store, that was fun not. my anxiety was thru the room. Luckily I dint leak and got cleaned up quickly.

Of well, so far I like the Tena no leaks, so we shall see. I am getting better at changing as the priority seems to be improving in my head. Still drifting off in the morning causing the only leak.

Overall much happier day. Still embrassing but at least under control.

Cheers for the support it means alot. Learning the capacity isnt the problem, that is fine for most day and changes but I have moments. My update below should make more sense.

Update:

I had a good weekend it was relaxed and got my head sorted a bit. Only wore one pad on Saturday (but it was during a very stressful point of the day and once over I could take the pad off). Really happy with everything, so at a nice stage of a plan and cracking things off a list.

Hmmmm...... multi-tasking. I used to think I was really good at it but reality it was a delusion. I cant at all. One task at a time. I can do more but I literally switch in my head like a computer. And they can multi-task only fake it. So yea. lack of multi-tasking route of alot of problems. Knowing it helps but what to do, I have no clue.

But Monday came around and back to usual but I am bit more accepting of it of it all. Put a pad on as if it is becoming normality to wear whilst working. First change went well.

Second change I was so focused on getting on (and I was). I only noticed I needed to change when I leaked (without plastic pants), all over my underpant and trousers. Lucky for me, I was in my office but it caused so much anxiety of whether it would happen again (and it will). Took me two hours to calm down (knowing it was silly as I only get this focused when I am alone). I also literally forgot I was wearing and when I start to feel the leak, I was mentally kicking myself that I should of been wearing even though I was.

Silly really

I was driving home yesterday from a long weekend visit with some family, and since I was by myself decided to wear a pullup and add some pads inside it to try to hold me most of the way home, limiting stops.

4 hours ago, deewet said:

I was driving home yesterday from a long weekend visit with some family, and since I was by myself decided to wear a pullup and add some pads inside it to try to hold me most of the way home, limiting stops.

Well yesterday was just a day of leaks my head was all over and I sorta resigned myself to leaks. But today I picked myself up and even came up with a solutions. Mainly due the advice from here.

1. Upgrade to Tena Ultima (First one on today)

2. Wear Plastic Pants (I am still going to be rubbish and leak)

3. Buy some more lined plastic pants (i.e. with a terry liner)

With lined plastic pants it means when I leak it gets absorbed by the terry. The terry is easy to check if it is wet then change. I can then put a bedwetting monitor in the lined plastic pants (need to find right spot). Therefore I leak a bit, monitor goes off and I know I need to change. Of course checking, alarm clocks, etc will help and are part of the plan.

So thank you all and I wear update you guys. Especially my first nappy of the day, I dribbled into it for the first hour until a slightly larger wetting happened. So control is lessening but that is unsurprising as at the moment my head is in a bad place due to everything happening. After I get those the process with the medical profession hopefully my anxieties will come down and I hope to dry up. At the moment my future is lots more nappies of well. At least I am dry on the outside :)

• 3 weeks later...