LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Safe for Adults to drink baby formula/eat baby food?

Is it safe for adults to drink baby formula and eat baby food? I don't mean every day, every meal, I mean like, once a week, maybe 2-3 times that day for bottles, once a day for food. (Normal food and drink otherwise)

Just curious how far I can go on this baby thing.

My baby has a formula bottle every morning and sometimes a second one during the day. On a Holiday she had almost total baby feeding - mostly formula - ad loved it. She was happy, well-fed and no ill-effects on as many as 12 bottles a day. Soiling was common as previously mentioned. I did actually enjoy feeding her this way. We would go on long drives and we would pull over and giver her a bottle or two and then move on. It was very deeply babyish but very satisfying for both.

Personally, I find the taste horrible, but she adores it and it is great for a distressed baby or before a nap.

• Like 1
18 hours ago, diapersalways said:

biggest risk is iron overdose.

you will approach iron overdose somewhere around 10 - 20 scoops of formula within 24 hrs, stay under that and your fine,

researched this myself while back for same reason, wanted to know my limit.

where did you find that out. It sounds bogus since infants would typically have more than that and my admittedly vague understanding of body chemistry is that excess iron is simply

• Like 1
1 hour ago, rosalie.bent said:

where did you find that out. It sounds bogus since infants would typically have more than that and my admittedly vague understanding of body chemistry is that excess iron is simply

43 minutes ago, WBDaddy said:

Fair enough, but I'm still trying to see the connection between baby formula and iron poisoning. Even with an adult using 3 times the amount of formula as a child.

On 9/12/2016 at 0:31 AM, DprDJeff said:

It's absolutely safe. If a baby can eat it, so can an adult. The only thing to watch for is that diet will prevent you from having solid bowel movements, but only if you completely change to a baby food diet.

Would you have to do this for 3 meals a day? And is this really likely? Maybe if I get bored on vacation lol.

4 hours ago, justagirl4fun said:

Babies don't typically drink formula for "years." The current recommendation is to switch them from formula to milk at 12 months unless there is a dairy allergy or other reason why they can't.

Ive had 4 kids and 4 grandkids to date. Some kids wean off real quick and others take a lot longer. Some are still using a top-up bottle at age three because of eating problems

9 hours ago, ungulate said:

The information about the dangers of iron are correct from what I know, but you can get "low iron" formula, like this:

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, rosalie.bent said:

Ive had 4 kids and 4 grandkids to date. Some kids wean off real quick and others take a lot longer. Some are still using a top-up bottle at age three because of eating problems

I still think the risk of to much iron is very low-chance. It requires a huge number of formula bottles regularly and for long periods of time which I doubt is even possible, nevermind common. Even my baby typically has 1-2 bottles a day max and on holiday may have as many as 10, but then it is back to 1-2/day.

What I found interesting was that her demeanour and general health seemed to improve on bottle feeding.

All I'm saying is, you have a few bottles of formula over the course of a day, then have a steak dinner with a spinach salad on the side, and bang, you're up and over that 45mg/day limit.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, rosalie.bent said:

You need to remember that that 45mg 'limit' is an average and a conservative figure at best. Other factors involved are body weight, genetic makeup, general fitness and of course the consistency of your diet. A week of exceeding this supposed limit wont make any difference at all.

Oh wow, so you are a medical doctor too. Congratulations on your MD. It must have been difficult to obtain that on top of your Ph.D. in psychology, lol.