LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

How should I go about telling my GF?

I was a nervous train-wreck each time I told someone.
I've only had 3 serious relationships, and eventually told each one of them.

From what I have gathered, it's apparent that if they truly love you, diapers wont be a deal breaker, depending on how you approach them.

The first relationship, she was completely turned off by the idea of her man wearing, and changed her whole perspective of me.
She was a bit selfish and had a special standard when it comes to guys she is with. She wanted a "Man." Dirty, rugged, she loved the smell of hard work and chemicals more than cologne.
I fit alot of that standard, being an automotive turn aviation mechanic, have a project muscle car, enjoy camping, etc... but the moment she knew I loved walking around with padding and plastic between my legs, I was a completely different person to her.
She eventually started screwing around with another guy who could meet her standards more behind my back... so yeah...

The 2nd relationship, I told early on after kind of a "truth or dare" sort of thing. She was very supportive, and even encouraged me to wear more often, because she knew it made me happy.
That was nice and all, but we had way to many differences between each other. Our interests collided with one another. She was more of a "country girl" who liked the bar scene, and ironically, was a bit childish for me.

The 3rd relationship is still going strong. I told her about 3 and half years after we started dating, and I think I was more nervous telling her than ever. She seemed to be unfazed by the idea of her man wearing diapers... Now she's moved in with me, and we've been talking about marriage recently.

I guess the best advice is to go into telling your GF with the idea and understanding that this isn't "normal" to them.

My current GF knows that I'm not that confident with my DL side, but she has done well in making me feel normal about it, if that makes sense.
Literally, just as long as I treat diapers no different than my boxers, that they're just underwear, and not acting out of place and parading around like I'm trying to be different, she seems to be totally fine with it... Then again, I still act my age, and I don't actually "use" my diapers, that makes her feel better about it.

I remember telling my gf it's not easy but it's totally worth doing because you want someone that loves you for who you are. Thankfully my gf was turned off by it or felt like I was weird she said it was who I am and it didn't change her feelings about me. I'm glad I told her early on because it's not good to lie to someone you care for and you want them to accept you. Just be prepared for either way it may go. If it doesn't work out it wasn't meant to be and if it does you're a very lucky person.

The other advice I would offer is to make sure you're being honest with yourself and your girlfriend about whe there you want her acceptance or participation. These are two VERY different constructs. A lot of ABies especially say that all they want is acceptance but then they get angry when their partner doesn't actively join in. Be sure you know what you want and you know what your partner is comfortable with. If they love you they will most likely accept your desires yes but that doesn't necessarily

• Like 1

I agree with Snugglebear.
Obviously, it would be nice if she got into it like I did, but the fact that she's letting me be me, who am I to want even more?
She asked me the day I came out to her if this was something I wanted her to be a part of, because it's just not something she wants to participate in.
I told her that this was my thing, and that I'd never try to get her to do anything she's not comfortable with.
Her last question was how I would feel if this was something she may never want to try herself. I just simply told her that I wouldn't expect her to and that she was number one in my life. to let diapers get in between the two of us would be selfish.

Her perspective of me has never changed, and we're still very sexually active. It's just now, I crinkle when I walk from time to time. :)

Intersting perspectives.. I think it's good advice to not expect her to participate. To be honest, as far as i know myself, I am perfectly fine with that. I may even feel weird wearing around here. I go months without thinking about it with no problem and I have my own place where I can wear if I want to. I guess its possible that she got into it. She does like to be babied or i should say littled haha. She probably never heard of this before or thought twice about it. I really appreciate your responses, I feel more supported, which is why I joined the discussion. My plan now is work on accepting myself then at a comfortable time I will bring it up. I didn't mention this but a couple nights in a row just this week I had dreams of wanting to tell her but couldn't and felt frustrated. Thats part of how I know its almost time to let her know about this part of me. Thanks for listening guys...

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

I was with my girlfriend for 16 years before I told her biggest mistake ever tell your girlfriend sooner rather than later it all worked out good in the end she is very supportive of what I do and who I am the way I brought it up .  it was two weeks before my birthday when she kept on asking what I wanted for my birthday so I plucked up the courage send her a text saying I wanted diapers for my birthday and that's how I started the conversation

It's was years ago when I first told my girlfriend I wore diapers, I told her on the first day we made out right after she found a wet diaper in my pants when she reached in to give me a hand job, she got that supprized look on her face, I just said, oh yeah, I wear diapers and wet them too. That was all so long ago, now days she still insisting I continue to wear diapers and I wet and mess them which I happily do. 

• Like 1