LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Flying Advice

I'm leaving Kansas City tonight and driving a moving truck to Pensacola for my daughter. I'll be flying out of Pensacola early Sunday morning. I always fly padded because with urge incontinence and an overactive bladder I can't risk not being protected. This time however I'm faced with issues I don't usually have to deal with.

the first issue is my daughter booked the flights and went with the lowest cost possible at my urging and the result is that I'm flying to Texas on the first leg and have a couple hour layover before the 2nd leg home to Ksnsas City. Usually I wear through the TSA security check and carry a spare diaper in my carry on just in case. This time I'm going to be forced to carry my diaper bag which is a fabric messenger bag and very plain with several diapers lotion, powder and wipes. I'm wondering about the size of the powder and lotion being too big to pass TSA size restrictions even though they are small sizes compared to what I have in my dresser. I was thinking of putting the diaper bag inside my carry on and then removing it on the plane to put under the seat with my handbag. I want to avoid going to the overhead bin while flying if I should need to change.

The second issue is the big one for me. My 16 year old granddaughter will be flying home with me. Wearing around her isn't an issue at all since I do that all the time. The issue is that

47 minutes ago, FretaBWet said:

I'm leaving Kansas City tonight and driving a moving truck to Pensacola for my daughter. I'll be flying out of Pensacola early Sunday morning. I always fly padded because with urge incontinence and an overactive bladder I can't risk not being protected. This time however I'm faced with issues I don't usually have to deal with.

the first issue is my daughter booked the flights and went with the lowest cost possible at my urging and the result is that I'm flying to Texas on the first leg and have a couple hour layover before the 2nd leg home to Ksnsas City. Usually I wear through the TSA security check and carry a spare diaper in my carry on just in case. This time I'm going to be forced to carry my diaper bag which is a fabric messenger bag and very plain with several diapers lotion, powder and wipes. I'm wondering about the size of the powder and lotion being too big to pass TSA size restrictions even though they are small sizes compared to what I have in my dresser. I was thinking of putting the diaper bag inside my carry on and then removing it on the plane to put under the seat with my handbag. I want to avoid going to the overhead bin while flying if I should need to change.

The second issue is the big one for me. My 16 year old granddaughter will be flying home with me. Wearing around her isn't an issue at all since I do that all the time. The issue is that

Change in the plane??

Watch your fluid intake... stay off diuretics.... go to the toilet frequently and void normally (not in your diaper) and then the diaper should see less actual use.

Go with a pull up and wear a skirt?

go with cloth covered diapers (like the new TENA SLIP) they're essentially noise-less in changing. no crinkle no sticky tape...

Talk to the kiddo... at 16 she should be able to grasp the medical nature of the situation easily enough.

Thanks for the suggestions Wet Knight & Delta1. My SOP for flying is to wear a skirt. It's much more discrete with diapers and it's convenient for changing. My flight is 7:30 am Eastern and the leg from Texas arrives Kansas City 12:30 pm Central. That's way too long for me to go without changing so at some point I'll have to change so my plan is change me while I change planes. I think I'll leave the baby lotion out of my bag since it's a liquid it my cause issues at the TSA check. I just realized I received 2 free sample Northshore Supreme cloth backed with the case of Supreme Lites I just got this past week. Thank you Northshore Care. That should lower the noise level in the ladies room. I feel better having a plan. I guess if it comes down to telling her or making up some outrageous lie I'll just tell her the truth.

Hugs,

Freta

Betty as usual you're a font of good information. Alas it's water over the dam since I'm sitting here in Pensacola writing this. I wouldn't have had any time to buy doublers over the net but I could buy a small package of size 5or 6 baby diapers and use them.

it's funny, I've been through the scanner myself and I always expect them to pull me out of line but they don't. Maybe they should have a third setting for WTF.

i think I'm just going to wear a diaper to the airport and have two spares. I can change on the plane if I need to, I wear enough to generally be able to judge when to change. If zit holds up okay I'll change between flights. My first choice will be the single handicap restroom. Then everything else becomes a non issue.

• Like 1

The tale of my flight home from Pensacola really starts on the beach at Perdido Key. We spent Saturday afternoon swimming and frolicking in the surf and had come well prepared. I had a 20 ounce bottle of water to keep me hydrated and finished. I'm very careful to never litter so while we were walking to the boardwalk to take us over the dunes to the parking lot I had a brilliant idea. I had my empty bottle in my hand. I had all this pristine beach sand under my feet. Hey, I'll bring some of the beach back for my friend in Kansas so I uncapped the bottle, filled it with sand and put the cap back on. I walked back to the car with a huge smile on my face thing of how happy my friend would be when I gave it to her.

I got up Sunday morning and put on the Comfydry 24/7 that I had brought with me and finished getting dressed. I had 4 NS Supreme lutes left that I put in 2stacks of 2 in the bottom of my carry on with my clothes on top and put my messenger / diaper bag on top of the clothes with my baby powder and the 2 NS Air Supremes to change into if needed. My carry on gas 2 compartments for shoes on the inside of the lid and I put my slippers in there with the bottle of beach sand in one of the slippers. I closed up the case and was ready to go.

We arrived at the airport about 6:15 for a 7:30 flight and got in line for the TSA check after getting our boarding passes. I could see they had a full body scanner but the weren't using it so I thought awesome, they won't see my thick diaper and question me or want