LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Adult Baby Diapers
eatenbywo1ves

Cartoons?

Nick, Disney, or Other (if other please explain)?   28 members have voted

1. 1. Which channel, if other please elaborate.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

20 posts in this topic

Please note that a vote other should not include Saturday morning cartoons on the various syndicated broadcasters, as that topic deserves an entire separate vote of its own.

Just curious as to what everyone else's go to channel was (still is) for cartoons?

I myself was a Nickelodeon kid. It had Rocko, Ren and Stimpy, Angry Beavers, Action League Now, Prometheus/Bob, AHHHH!!!!!!!!!! Real Monsters, Rugrats, Kennan and Kel, All That (Good Burger shout out), Eurekas Castle, Little Bear, and on and on and on.

What's the question?  Do we like watching cartoons?  Or do we watch those channels?  

Personally, I do like watching cartoons, but I seldom do so on either of those channels.  I grew up during the heyday of Warner Brothers, Hanna-Barbera, Disney, and other cartoon shows.  So, I'm more likely to buy DVDs of cartoons than watch the minimalist animation shows that pass for cartoons these days on tv.  I am a big fan of the Pixar and Dreamworks animated movies, though. 

2 people like this

28 minutes ago, Craisler said:

What's the question?  Do we like watching cartoons?  Or do we watch those channels?  

The question was about channels

5 hours ago, eatenbywo1ves said:

what everyone else's go to channel was (still is) for cartoons?

None:

As a kid growing up, my parents didn’t have Sky or the Cable equivalent.

We have Virgin Media Tivo now, but at the time we had terrestrial and the choice was limited to BBC One, BBC Two, ITV, Channel 4 and Channel 5 so we didn’t have Nick or Disney.

But I remember Rugrats on Saturday I think on Live & Kicking even if it doesn’t count but still great show.

As an adult I have the Tivo set to record cartoons like Chipmunks on Nick JR and Simpsons on Sky One and I watch Popples on Netflix. But I don’t have a go to channel for my fix of all the cartoons or any other TV show I just watch the ones I like whatever channel they happen to be on.

As a little kid in the 90s, it was definitely Nickelodeon. The Nicktoons (especially Rugrats, Hey Arnold! and Rocko's Modern Life), All That, Legends of the Hidden Temple, GUTS... Nickelodeon was THE channel to watch as a kid. There was something on all hours, and Nick at Nite wasn't too bad either.

Nowadays, Cartoon Network is doing the best stuff. Steven Universe, The Amazing World of Gumball, Adventure Time, Regular Show, and We Bare Bears are all wonderful and even Teen Titans Go! has been getting funnier.

But really, I don't have channel loyalty. I'll watch a cartoon whatever channel it's on as long as I like it. I watch stuff on Disney, CN, Nickelodeon, Discovery Family, and Disney Junior and I love all the shows I watch on them :)

*deep inhale

STEVEN UNIVERSE HOOOLLLLLYYYYYY GOD.

I lead with that because I don't pay for cable. I use Netflix, and a few other sites, to watch my favorite cartoons, past and present. Even if I did watch cartoons on TV, I'm sure I would find it very annoying considering the frequency of commercial breaks. So, to answer the question: I don't really use any channel. But, if I did have cable and, if I did want to watch cartoons on TV, I would probably be watching CN, for the reasons that minachan pointed out (TAWOG is on my to-watch list, I haven't seen it o.O).

Since everyone else is giving their favorite shows: Animaniacs and Steven Universe are my favorites. I've even considered whether or not Steven Universe has usurped Animaniacs as my all-time favorite (my Wakko and Yakko plushies just looked at me like they're gonna kill me, I think). Putting that complicated issue aside, though, I enjoy The Looney Tunes Show, Bee and Puppycat, and maybe a few others. A! and SU dominate my life to the extent that they are the Alpha and Omega of my cartoon world! 

Does anyone else find it amusing that the OP's signature contains content from a channel that wasn't included as a poll option(outside of 'other')?

Anyway, to answer the question When I was younger it was mainly Cartoon Network, but I also watched Disney and Nickelodeon, just not as much. Now that I'm older I mainly watch things online, but most of the cartoons I watch are content from Cartoon Network, with Disney coming second and nothing really from Nick since Korra ended.

4 hours ago, bees said:

Does anyone else find it amusing that the OP's signature contains content from a channel that wasn't included as a poll option(outside of 'other')?

What cartoon is that character from? and what channel?

Growing up, we didn't have cable as an option where I was living, and my parents didn't want a cumbersome satellite dish in the yard. My cartoon options were limited to the Saturday morning stuff on the broadcast networks, and the syndicated cartoons the two independent stations would show on weekdays.

Later on, when we finally did get cable, it was mostly Cartoon Network, or occasionally TBS/TNT when they'd still show some cartoons. Keep in mind that this was when Cartoon Network was still new and hadn't quite found its footing. Very rarely, I'd watch Nick for their original stuff, or catch Inspector Gadget reruns on the old Family Channel. Disney wasn't an option because they were still a premium channel at the time.

I watched cartoons before Nick...  lol  Think what you will.

But what I watch now is anime.  Attack on Titan was great...

Growing up there was no such thing as sky or cable... we had bbc 1,2, itv and channel 4

On 31/8/2016 at 4:05 PM, Alvin Spacemunk said:

What cartoon is that character from? and what channel?

Adventure Time on Cartoon Network.

i know so dont have it but i have the baby channel its for preschoolers lots of fun activities and sing along counting 

Free form, Boomerang or another family or old school cartoon channel 

I never went by station loyalty as a kid.  Some of my favorite childhood favorite cartoons: old school Looney Tunes,  Thunder Cats, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, David the Gnome, Biker Mice From Mars, Pirates of Dark Water, and some Cartoon Network shows: Cow and Chicken, Power Puff Girls, Dexter's Lab, I Am Weasel.  

If I had to pick a cartoon channel I watched the most, it would be Cartoon Network for their old Friday Night Line Up and for their midnight Toonami anime.  I have very fond memories of my childhood Friday nights: after Taekwondo  I'd go to my grandmother's for the weekend. My grandma and I would eat a late supper and she'd watch CN with me- she was fond of Johnny Bravo (said he reminded her of a guy she used to date when she was young) and Courage the Cowardly Dog. 

and MTV for Daria.

Now a days, I watch more anime than cartoons. I'll watch anime on CN, but I mostly watch it online. 

Loved the old cartoons like Flintstones, Tom an Jerry, etc.

Other, When I was a kid I channel surfed for my favorite cartoons KSTW 11, KCPQ 13, UHF 22 for Transformers, GI Joe, Robotech, He-Man, Star Blazers, Thundercats, M.A.S.K. and as I got older added Disney's Gargoyles, Gummi Bears, Chip and Dale's Rescue Rangers and Tail Spin.

Now I mostly watch either Netflix or buy Anime, though I don't have much of a collection yet, just Yu-Yu Hakusho and Season 3 of Digimon (Tamers), Would eventually like to get all the Dragon Ball Z's, Inuyasha, Naruto's, Tenchi's and Slayer's so I can binge watch all of them.   :) Currently I have mostly Dreamworks and Pixar stuff as well as a few live action favorites like Transformers, Star Wars, the Marvel movies, Mummy movies, Pirate's of the Caribean and LOTR movies.

Growing up my family didn't have cable or satellite. I would watch cartoons on those channels whenever I would go over to my friends house. I remember a lot of the older cartoons and kid shows like: The Flintstons, The Jetsons, Rocky and Bullwinkle, Sherman and Peabody, and Looney Tunes. I would pour myself a big bowl of cereal and park right in front of the T.V. close enough that my mom would say "back up or you'll hurt your eyes sitting that close!" Awe those were the days! 

Cartoon Network via stolen cable. The 90's ruled!

Grew up on cable. Nickelodeon was prominent in my family. Disney was too 'girly' and kid-ish for me. Cartoon Network was a treat growing up, since only my mom had it, as she had comcast, while my Dad only had cable, until around 2009. I grew up on shows like Angry Beavers, Fairly Odd Parents, Cat-Dog, Rocko's Modern Life, Hey Arnold. They heydays of Nicktoons in the late 90s, early 2000s.