LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Therapist left

My therapist left the clinic I was visiting. She moved away after a year of me having services with her. I was offered to continue with someone else but I hate having to meet someone new and tell them your life's problems. I spent 1 hour every week at her office telling her about my life and personal problems for the past year. It's hard to just pick that up with someone else.

Sorry that you're going through this. It sounds like you're doing a fantastic job, though. Going to see teachers and to a tutoring center is exactly what a fantastic student does, especially this early in the semester (speaking as both a teacher and a student, here). So your profs appreciate it, I'm sure.

I wish I had some advice for fighting with yourself, but I'm afraid that I don't have the same experience with anxiety/depression. I guess I mainly wanted you to know that I read this, and that I believe in you!

• Like 1

As a person who has spent over 8 years in counseling myself, (I have BPD) & have been through 6 different therapists in that time, I feel your pain. I know it's not easy opening up with someone only for them to leave & start over with someone new & have them gain your trust, etc. In my experience though I've kept getting back up & starting over. And while it's been hard, it has been worth it, & speaking from experience, it does get easier with time & after you've had to start over with new people a few times. Hang in there.

This is one of many reasons I gave up trying to find a therapist. I know they have their own lives and everything, but does it occur to them that they are playing with the lives of their patients when they do stuff like this? I'd be more sympathetic towards them, except they chose to get into this line of work.

Thanks for the kind replies. I really appreciate the support. I'm glad members on here rally around others when they need help. I've been talking with a close friend to have some support. See with college this is my second degree. I have a bachelors in management but when I graduated and didn't have a job. I ended up doing janitorial work at the visitors center while I was still searching for a job in which I could use my degree. This went on for several months and I became extremely discouraged. I knew the only way things would change is if I made a change. So I decided to go back to college for a degree in engineering. It was a hard decision to make but I knew it was going to lead to better things for me. This road I've taken in engineering has been a lot of hard work but also very rewarding. It gives me anxiety because I feel the pressure more than ever to succeed and do well so I don't end up jobless like I did with my first degree. I hope this adds some perspective to my situation.

• Like 1

Get involved with a club or group of some sort, maybe you'll be able to find out what others are doing // planning to do with their degrees. I went to France to teach English, because I talked to other people studying French and found out about that job opportunity that way.

I feel like I'm saying "it's not what you know, but who you know," and I totally hate that expression for a lot of reasons. But it sometimes helps to just talk to people.

As a fellow student, feel free to send a PM and vent, atnboy.

• 2 weeks later...

So I finally found the courage to go to the doctor and talk about my problems to get a prescription for my depression and anxiety. It wasn't an easy thing to do but if it can help it's worth it. I'm also going to go to therapy and seek more help. I just want to be happy and it sucks feeling the way I do.

Hey don't let your degree path discourage you! I was dumb enough to go for pol sci with a focus in international affair, might as well be a signed napkin when I'm applying for any type of real career. I know this sounds super cliche but you are you and still have the best years of your life ahead of you. Every good person hits "rough" patches, it just happens, cost of doing business for life I suppose.

I know how you feel about seeking treatment for a problem that you feel embarrassed to deal with, anxiety and depression just have this way of shaving you down mentally to the point where its just hard to find a reason to get out of bed in the morning. Good that you didn't let it get to that point and sought professional help.

Good luck moving forward with your life.