LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

On ABDL "Rights"

After years of thought, here is my feeling about human rights as they relate to our community. You can discuss it all you want, scream at me, agree wholeheartedly, or ignore it, but I am just saying it to get it off my chest:

Human rights (in my opinion) are defined to protect those who have UNCHANGABLE charactistics from being oppressed or persecuted.

The rights granted to us via the United States Constitution doesn't change because I am an ABDL. My job is not at risk because I am an ABDL. My life is not in danger because I am an ABDL. I do not pay anymore or less then anyone else in my income tax bracket because I am ABDL. I do not receive any special treat because

• Like 3

Until people who are ABDL have separate water fountains, have to sit in the back of a bus, are told who they are and are not allowed to marry, or otherwise have any Civil Liberties infringed, I will never feel persecuted.

• Like 2

It probably won't help our understanding to talk about degrees of persecution, or severity, because reality is subjective and relative. My point is more that we do not have choice, and thus persecution is injust. The severity, depth, or magnitude of that persecution is irrelevant.

Whether it is on paper or not, I am more speaking about the conclusion that I personally have come to, after much thought.

People have been kicked out of their homes, disowned, have lost their jobs all because they are a ABDL. My mom used to make negative comments about my fetish and I just had to ignore it. So I understand what you are saying. It could have been worse for me though. I have heard stories about parents telling others about their kid wearing diapers all because they are ABDL. Some people think they can shame their kid out of this. If this were a choice, would anyone still be doing this if being ABDL gave them this much havoc?

Notice as well, that this topic transcends "sexual or not" discussions, because whether it is sexual or not, it is a behaviour we are all nearly 100% likely to perform again, giving us no option to mitigate the persecution once it begins.

44 minutes ago, DL4LIFE said:

Seriously, what is with some individuals being so freaking obsessed with being accepted by the general population?

I think for some individuals, the stakes are higher.

We are upping from having this thread once a month to once every two weeks now it seems.

Ungulate, you said you have read lots of posts about this and come to your conclusion, that's fine but why couldn't it have been a post in one of the many recent threads about this, one of the ones where you read these posts? There are more than enough threads that ask and say exactly the same things people will say here.

I see what you say about people being beaten up, assaulted or whatever else because they are ABDL, though I can't verify any of it actually happened and we just have to take a leap of faith that this actually happens because in 9 years here I haven't seen any posts from people saying it happened to them let alone evidence it was because of diapers. I imagine it will have happened since people who are violent will use any excuse to be violent.

It isn't a question of rights, it is a question of making good and smart choices. As long as I see people come on here or in chat and say things like "I like to mess myself in font of people and follow them to they notice" or "I like to walk around with no pants on and just have my diaper out" (a couple of more recent and quite tame examples of stuff I have seen people say on here, possible trolling but with ABDLs I just don't know any more...) then, quite frankly, we don't even deserve to be treated as normal by the public at large. It isn't even just what they say, it is them saying it and then others agreeing or saying it isn't a problem. How can anyone be expected to be treated normally when people are saying stuff like that? How can you expect people to treat ABDL's normally when there are so many stories of perverts in nappies?

I obviously think wanting public acceptance is stupid and born out of a lack of self-acceptance for the most part but for those that do want to be accepted... Until news stories about actual perverts in diapers stop appearing, until people stop going on TV desperate for attention (the people who represent us on TV are often the worst people to represent us), until a significant portion of ABDLs don't have an exposure or public embarrassment part of their fetish then it will never happen.

To a degree people are already more understanding than not long ago. The internet has made many things widespread knowledge that before hand was hidden away. I would argue that a huge amount of people, maybe even a majority of people, know who and what ABDLs are. It is similar to how I know of a lot of alternative communities that I wouldn't have known pre-internet. By far the largest opinion among these people will be "Whatever they do behind closed doors is fine." In other words, the same opinion most people have about anything they aren't into. If you want more acceptance stop rubbing it in peoples faces, just quietly go about doing what you do and the chances of it causing you problems in any way will be really, really slim.

• Like 3

There are bad apples in every community and people still aren't justified in their racism and bigotry and hate for but not limited to LGBTs, black people, Muslims, Christians, fetishes, sport fans, gamers, musicians, smokers.

40 minutes ago, ungulate said:

where I am saying we DO NOT and will not ever have that right

i think we may be mixing up terms and principles here.. and this may be getting us into hot water. To my definition a 'right' is a legal term, meaning something is

53 minutes ago, ungulate said:

Sorry if this is repetitive for you Elfy. I don't see these other posts you are talking about, though I don't come here often, and I only come to this forum.

http://www.dailydiapers.com/board/index.php?/topic/54046-should-abs-be-socially-accepted-as-a-lifestyle/

http://www.dailydiapers.com/board/index.php?/topic/54172-the-abdl-public-image/

Those are two from the last month and the most recent few pages.

58 minutes ago, ungulate said:

We do have the right to be parents, to be employed, and to not be pathologized for something that we did not choose.

Well, if I could do anything for the creepy ones, it would be to convince them that there is a way to get everything they want, without harming people, they just need some help. After being to enough meetups and munches, I've realized that most of the "bad apples" are more likely people with invisible disabilities such as mental health disorders, developmental issues, etc.

1 hour ago, Elfy said:

Those rights are already there and the only way they are lost is if you do something very wrong like bring your ABDL activities into the work place or in front of your children...

• Like 3