LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

On ABDL "Rights"

3 hours ago, ungulate said:

I think we may have differing opinions on what constitutes "persecution." To me, anybody who is treated unfairly because they are different is persecution, severity varies.

That can be traced back to P. J. O'Rourk's "safety Nazis" decribing persons who support mandatory seat belt and bicycle helmet laws in 1984 in one of his books and "health nazis" and of late "food police" who wnat to regulate by law what people do and eat in the name of health. Interestingly enough, it's the same persons who, in defense of the right to abortion, have claimed that you have a right to do with your body as you wish

If you think "persecution" is "mild". You need to study history

16 minutes ago, rosalie.bent said:

It also means the word becomes nearly worthless because it includes nearly everyone. "persecution' is a high-level word. If someone is being treated unfairly because they are different then the term you use is 'being treated unfairly' which can be as 'terrible' as being pushed to the back of the line in the staff lunch room. it is hardly being lynched from a tree.

I get sick of the way words like racism, sexism and a pile of other 'isms' have had their meanings expanded so far as to be worthless without context or expansion.

Again (sigh) "mild" is relative. I very nearly lost my kids for good, so the persecution I experienced from my ex and my community was mild when compared with a lynching, but it was a big deal to me.

Why not just take it as it is, and say "I'm sorry you went through that," instead of nitpicking semantics and comparing it with unrelated social issues?

If someone in our community wishes to use the word "dysphoria" to describe how uneasy and disatisfied they are with their life and where they fit in this world.... let them, its their bloomin right to feel that way and try to express it to others within this wonderful, caring community of people without fear of some very agressive vocal patrons leaping down their necks and 'demanding' they stop using a phrase that they actually feel explains how they feel right now.

instead of instantly taking offense because this group suffered more or that group, or the other group had it worse.... look at what the person is actually trying to express... they are unhappy and hoped they would find some help, kind words and maybe even a sympathetic ear... insteady they have had SIX pages of unplesentness and demands to change their point of view.

3 hours ago, ungulate said:

Again (sigh) "mild" is relative. I very nearly lost my kids for good, so the persecution I experienced from my ex and my community was mild when compared with a lynching, but it was a big deal to me.

Why not just take it as it is, and say "I'm sorry you went through that," instead of nitpicking semantics and comparing it with unrelated social issues?

I'm not sure what to ask for when it comes to the public's acceptance of the ABDL thing.

Sure I sometimes wonder how nice it would be to just wear however I wish without having to risk the possibility of being seen in a negative way, but in all reality, do I really need people to know?

My opinion of ABDLs coming out trying to make themselves known, it's alot like how I feel about the LGBT Community.
I think what really gave the LGBT Community a bad rep was how they pushed their movement so much, laws are being changed to force the public to accept their lifestyle.
In the wrong eyes, it could be considered a hate crime if I say that I don't want to hear about it.
Do I have a problem with LGBT? Not at all. Everyone should enjoy what makes them happy, but just like we should do, they need to treat their situation just like "norms" live their lives.
Acting like we should have special treatment for being different? Are you kidding me? Why do we need special treatment?

I don't want our community to blow up and become the next hot-topic of debates.
Especially considering that I am not an Adult Baby.
I am simply a Diaper Lover who would rather just enjoy the comfort in the privacy of my own home... I don't even like pushing the subject on my own live-in girlfriend.
I treat my diapers just as I would boxers. Yeah, I'll wear one. She will know I am from the sound, but I'm not going to flash it and parade around the house forcing her to deal with it everyday, because that gets annoying. I don't want to force the issue to be accepted, because I want to feel normal. I am not a special snow-flake, so I don't want to come out as one.

Also, this is a bit different from the LGBT Community.
A person can say that they are gay and people will know that they're just gay. It wont be confused with something else that they're not.
However, if I tell people that I am just a Diaper Lover, that I wear for pleasure and comfort, but still use the toilet and act like an adult, I will still be seen as a grown man who crawls around on all fours, who shits and pisses himself, and talks like a baby... No offense to the ABs out there, but I don't want to be related with that.

Also, there's always the comments from the ill-informed masses who will always refuse to believe an adult in diapers will have nothing to do with pedophilia... I've had an ex who automatically thought that I was a pedophile from the moment I told her I was a DL... that hurt worse than being cheated on, because I have nothing but hateful wishes towards pedophiles, so to be questioned as one? I'd rather die.

You can't just use medical terms for any old reason just because people want to... You can't just say you are dysphoric just because you like acting like a kid or put cat ears on your head. I can't say I have dysphoria just because I want a haircut.

It's just like people who just have a bad day don't have depression, or people nervous before a job interview don't have an anxiety disorder.

I've tried to mellow out about a lot of things that get argued about on here and stay out of it unless I really have a point I want to make. Putting aside everything to do with whether ABDLs should be accepted or not, what shouldn't be accepted is people using medical diagnoses without actually being diagnosed with anything. People who fake pregnancies to get someone to marry them and people who fake cancer for donations are rightly considered incredibly bad to do, why should it be any different for mental diagnoses?

4 minutes ago, Elfy said:

You can't just use medical terms for any old reason just because people want to... You can't just say you are dysphoric just because you like acting like a kid or put cat ears on your head. I can't say I have dysphoria just because I want a haircut.

It's just like people who just have a bad day don't have depression, or people nervous before a job interview don't have an anxiety disorder.

I've tried to mellow out about a lot of things that get argued about on here and stay out of it unless I really have a point I want to make. Putting aside everything to do with whether ABDLs should be accepted or not, what shouldn't be accepted is people using medical diagnoses without actually being diagnosed with anything. People who fake pregnancies to get someone to marry them and people who fake cancer for donations are rightly considered incredibly bad to do, why should it be any different for mental diagnoses?

Superb post... Of course, that could be because you agree with me:)

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, rosalie.bent said:

That's a good post. The pedo question still arises, but the problem is that the average person is basically stupid and when confronted with something they dont understand or can't cope with, they revert to idiocy like this. Why do so many people think all Muslims are terrorists? Because they are stupid and lack the ability to think.

Unfortunately, stupidity is something we have to live with and so as a result we need to be EXTRA-CLEVER. ABDLs will not get the benefit