LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What does 3 days in the ICU cost?

Yep. I got CT scans and X-Rays from my knees to my neck while they were trying to figure out if it was appendix or what (pancreas was the winner.) No knocks to the care I got, they figured it out, treated me well and got me better... just expensive. I'm already having trouble paying my bills so this could drive me into bankruptcy if it's too large a total, even with pretty good insurance!

Pancreas not good, hopefully all is well again, I have T 1 diabetes from a drug I took many years ago to try and get some sleep, it was definitely not worth It! .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Getting better, thanks. We caught it early. I guess the digestive tract infection was causing the early pain, and when the pancreas got involved was when it got unbearable

Yeah, pancreatitis is not anything to mess with. I had a second attack of it while we were in Las Vegas. To make a long story short, I tell people that I came home from Vegas minus my gall bladder and $82,000. Actually, although that was the "sticker price" I have decent health insurance and got off with a couple of thousand. That does not include all the hours my wife spent on the telephone with nearly every provider who dealt with me

And anyone who gets hospitalized under Medicare remember if they rush you out the door , as of last year the Treating Hospital faces a pretty steep penalty if you get readdmitted to any facility within 30 days, and a decreasing penalty all the way to 60 days, so if your not right when they release you don't hesitate to be seen again, any and all penalties the hospital gets can not be passed on to you.

I can't even begin to imagine the medical costs I have incurred in 28 years. The last thing I had to go into the ER for was a broken ankle and that ended up costing 7,000.00 upwards after everything was said and done. Last time I was in ICU was about 13 years ago when I was 15, that was a 1 day stay in ICU for monitoring and 2 days in GC afterwards, plus MRI and PET. Don't try to get high off of OTC sleeping medication, man I was stupid.

BRB, going to thank parents for putting up with all my shit.

And FFS stop bragging about "free" shit from the government. The invountary eyeroll it induces is threatening my health. NOTHING from the government is free. They produce nothing (besides corruption). They merely pick winners and losers. Your "free" shit was paid for by someone and it damn well wasn't the government. It was taken by the government from the economy one way or another. It impacts your entire society. You may think that is fine, but it's certainly not free.

I wouldn't assume that just because you pay through the nose for it that it is the best: http://www.forbes.com/sites/danmunro/2014/06/16/u-s-healthcare-ranked-dead-last-compared-to-10-other-countries/#51f523f51b96

Perhaps things have changed a lot in the last two years or perhaps the info above is wrong in some way, I would say at best healthcare is not going to be much different in quality throughout any of the more economically developed countries.

We know it isn't free, it is paid for via taxes. When people say it is free they mean it is free to access, it is paid for and I can see a doctor about a stubbed toe or a triple heart bypass and not have to worry about money/fees/insurance or anything else in any way. The NHS is a significant portion of our taxes (though a lot less than insurance would cost), I don't think anyone think it is funded by magic.

I think people from other places just see the numbers thrown around for these things and it it quite shocking.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, erevu said:

And FFS stop bragging about "free" shit from the government. The invountary eyeroll it induces is threatening my health. NOTHING from the government is free. They produce nothing (besides corruption). They merely pick winners and losers. Your "free" shit was paid for by someone and it damn well wasn't the government. It was taken by the government from the economy one way or another. It impacts your entire society. You may think that is fine, but it's certainly not free.

But

• Like 1

19 hours ago, erevu said:

Lack of access to affordable health care will really affect your health.

When the poor dude down the street gets that really nasty bug and can't afford health care. He could easily infect the whole block.

It's a public health issue and when large groups cannot access health care, it carries very large risk.

On 8/7/2016 at 8:45 AM, Nyte Kitsune said:

My recent stay in the hospital (Hemoroids were bleeding, lost over 2 pints of blood) cost me (After insurance) about $3100 US so far "Hope" I don't get any more bills, as I'm already tight on money after that until July 2017 (Minimum wage job). If I get any more bills I'll be filing for Bankruptcy this year. :(

here's the fun part, you need to have money to say you don't have money. lovely how that works right?

• 4 weeks later...

My wife had been in and out of the hospital for about 5 years, vomiting blood. They finally determined it was liver cancer. On July 4th the hosp called and said they might have a liver for her. She had the transplant (initial cost was $280,000+). She then went to ICU, then recovery, then to a nursing home, then home, then back to recovery, then to ICU and then she died August 21, 2016. I still have no idea what the bills will come to as SS and Medicare have the wrong payment info and I don't yet have the OK to change it. Could be close to $500,000 in bills, not including the previous 15 trips to emergency, ICU, chemotherapy and operations before the transplants. She had three chemo treatments, each was $75,000 before the transplant.

My thoughts are with you my friend the "Medical Mystery tour" really sucks , they sell you life without quality at a very high premium, that you would sell your soul to provide and then end up needing a life guard to save you from drowning in debt when the bills come do.

On 8/10/2016 at 0:58 PM, Dubious said:

USA, the land of the rich

And of the poor.

If you don't have insurance they can now deny you treatment legally thanks to Obamacare and there are many of us who neither quality for financial assistance or can afford insurance. And most of those who have Obamacare are only insured to 40% of limited expenses.

And we're an advanced nation? Even some third-world countries are better than us. If I get seriously ill or injured I'm dead :o Gee, I thought all humans were worthy but not here.

Bettypooh