LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Please help Supply costs

Today i did my bills and i realized how much i spend in disposable incontinence supplies. I am thinking about investing in reusables. Problem is there is no trial of reusables.

I need any advice on a

reusable day time brief / adult diaper

reusable AIO with good absorbancy for night time.

Today i did my bills and i realized how much i spend in disposable incontinence supplies. I am thinking about investing in reusables. Problem is there is no trial of reusables.

I need any advice on a

reusable day time brief / adult diaper

reusable AIO with good absorbancy for night time.

I have Medicaid but the quality that Medicaid pays for isn't much. They end up leaking. I ended up buying better absorbing brands. Don't know why I said aio. Tried one when I first became incontinent, didn't like it. I'll try the cloth with a cover. Any reviews on a decent cover and cloth?

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Use what they supply and get cheap baby diapers for stuffers. Thrift shops often have them dirt cheap. Craigslist sometimes has bargain deals. Agreed on avoiding AIO's, separate components work better and are cheaper in the long run (and sometimes initially too). Though I'm doing OK right now I know 'poor' all too well and when you need diapers they go to the top of the budget because without them nearly everything else becomes impossible. Ain't fun missing meals or going to McDonalds for wifi but you do what you have to. And doing your budget on paper helps you spot where savings can be made. Tons of ways to save money if you look for them ;)

Bettypooh

Well if you can sew and have a sewing machine you can do what I did.I baught a few dosen 2727 baby diapers and sewed them together.I don't know what your waist size is so I will tell you how I did mine.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, waynecook52 said:

Well if you can sew and have a sewing machine you can do what I did.I baught a few dosen 2727 baby diapers and sewed them together.I don't know what your waist size is so I will tell you how I did mine.

9 hours ago, BabyJune said:

This is excellent advice. However, you can buy diaper flannel in 27" and 36" widths; you can even use standard double-napped flannel or terry cloth if you want. I make my own diapers by ordering 27" diaper flannel and cutting it one yard long. Then I hem the front and back edges so the diapers won't fray and so that the pins have a "landing point" that is several layers thick. Also, I make my own soaker panels out of Zorb, but to save money (because Zorb isn't cheap), you could fold a diaper and place it in the center of a flat diaper.

Cloth diapers will last a long time. Make sure you wash them with a basic "diaper" soap that won't clog the fibers. Purex and Dreft work the best; I use Purex. If diapers need bleaching, use an oxygen bleach such as Oxi Clean. Above all, make sure that you rinse, rinse, rinse the diapers and they'll absorb better.

What you are describing is for one diaper.If you buy a dosen 2727 you can get 3 changes for about $16.00.Maybe abit more when you put in a soaker.I bought 10 dosen 2727 for $160.00 and got 30 changes.Well the soakers cost me anouther $30.00.Not bad when you stop and think that one adult diaper cost $18.00 or more and I bought then 8 years ago.

• 5 weeks later...

If you order cloth they will make the first one to your measurements wash and dry repeatedly then wear, once you wear you can say I don't like the placement of the velcro or it needs another inch in rise etc and all of the rest of your order will have they modifications jnyo them, that is your trial diaper.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Sewing your own is the only way to go on the cheap. Factory-made diapers aren't a rip-off but are not cheap either; there's no 'economy of scale" with them since the biggest expense is labor which increases equally with quantity. You can make a decent cloth diaper with a simple machine, trimming the edges by inverting things instead of serging the edges like they do commercially. You can use old terrycloth towels for the soaker panel which will will wind up inside between the outer layers when you invert them- that way you get the absorbency without any roughness against the skin. Cheap sewing machines pop up on Craigslist regularly around here for as little as $20 but you need