LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

How long have you been incontinent?

Although I was toilet trained day and night by age 33 months, my bladder was tiny and over-active. Therefore my Mom often nicely asked me to wear 'Just-in-Case' diapers.

A few weeks after I reached puberty at age 12 I reverted to bedwetting. That was when I was taught to change my own gauze diapers.

Before leaving home at 17 to live in a university dorm I had to learn to put on and sleep in adult disposables. During university I always wore disposables under my regular clothing to parties and for long lectures.

At 21 I lost what remained of my day bladder control.

• Like 1

I'm not exactly incontinent, but I have a thing called IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) which causes me to have a really urgent need to go to the bathroom when I feel the need to go. I've had quite a bit of accidents because of it.

• Like 3
20 hours ago, Angela Bauer said:

Although I was toilet trained day and night by age 33 months, my bladder was tiny and over-active. Therefore my Mom often nicely asked me to wear 'Just-in-Case' diapers.

A few weeks after I reached puberty at age 12 I reverted to bedwetting. That was when I was taught to change my own gauze diapers.

Before leaving home at 17 to live in a university dorm I had to learn to put on and sleep in adult disposables. During university I always wore disposables under my regular clothing to parties and for long lectures.

At 21 I lost what remained of my day bladder control.

wow, you are a brave girl for dealing with your issues so well!

My Mom grew up knowing that many of her female relatives had bladder problems. She told me that the family hoped my bladder would be healthy, but at the same time I needed to mentally prepare for life challenged by urinary incontinence. Of course when I was still very young I considered the just-in-case diapers as simply alternative underwear.

Later I realized Mom wanted me to get way past being embarrassed about wearing diapers. Even before I turned 4 I knew my older sister, who was then 9, also needed just-in-case diapers. When I was 7 she reverted to bedwetting and was taught to pin on her own diapers. By then all 3 of our youngest siblings were born and none of them was toilet trained.

Mom would let us start to diaper younger siblings as soon as we were big enough to do so. However, the tradition was that none of us pinned on our own diapers until we needed to do so after reverting to bedwetting.

Growing up I had no special interest in diapers. Once our youngest sister was out of her crib, the nursery became the bedroom I shared with her although she was not yet toilet-trained.

Although I never needed to wear diapers to school until I was a university student,

Edited by Angela Bauer
Correct a typo

I became incontinent as the result of an unexpected side effect of surgery when I was 14 years old. I'm 74 now. So I've had incontinence issues for 60 years.

• 2 weeks later...

I grew up in the 50s and spent most of my childhood following whatever "sure cure" bed wetting solution was the current fad. In between cures it was back to the diaper and rubber pants routine. I remember being told (over and over again) that I would Out Grow my accidents and never once was I told that I was Incontinent. Over the years I figured out ways to Stop peeing and pooping almost before I wet or messed myself so I could get by with some toilet paper or a handkerchief to keep the wet spots from showing. By the time I started Jr. High I had convinced my mother she didn't need to keep diapering me every night but if I got sick or got a case of diarrhea she always kept a box of my old diapers on the shelf.

The roller coaster ride settled down when I finally got an Incontinence Diagnosis in my 40s and I went back to diapers full time. Diapers are more convenient than the previous ways I was managing my incontinence and my stress levels dropped so fast that even I noticed it. It makes me wonder why people have such an Aversion to Diapers that even when circumstances make them the obvious solution they'll opt for major surgeries...

I always had difficulty with potty training as a kid, I was still in full time diapers until I was about 6 and I've always needed a diaper for bed. Over the past 6 months my daytime continence has declined so I'm in diapers all the time however I'm only urinary incontinent.

1 hour ago, twospirit said:

Started to become incontinent back in 2013 due to diabetic, neuropathy, and fibromyalga, fibroneuropathy

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...