LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Professions and diapers

I don't think tour de france riders wear diapers. They aren't riding the entire 3500km in a single go. They are wearing padded cycling shorts that protect them from chafing and bruising from being on the bike for several hours a day. The longest stages these days are around 120-130 miles, which for these riders is around 5 or so hours. With all that working, you really don't have that much fluid left to make a lot of pee. I did an Ironman which is 112 miles of biking after a 2.4 mile swim and followed by a marathon, and I only peed once during the race, just as i got out of the water, and then not again until I got back to my hotel room. I drank probably 2 gallons of water. You just don't make enough urine to need a diaper.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, warpiper said:

I don't think tour de france riders wear diapers. They aren't riding the entire 3500km in a single go. They are wearing padded cycling shorts that protect them from chafing and bruising from being on the bike for several hours a day. The longest stages these days are around 120-130 miles, which for these riders is around 5 or so hours. With all that working, you really don't have that much fluid left to make a lot of pee. I did an Ironman which is 112 miles of biking after a 2.4 mile swim and followed by a marathon, and I only peed once during the race, just as i got out of the water, and then not again until I got back to my hotel room. I drank probably 2 gallons of water. You just don't make enough urine to need a diaper.

Guess that what I get for assuming things.

Endurance drivers, much like professional cyclist are sweating so much that it's hard for them produce any urine.

Divers do use diapers, but in a dry suit- not wet suits.

Most professions/hobbies one would think use diapers, don't use diapers, like explained above, since there is better alternatives

I'm sure some do use diapers though, for example divers and sailplane pilots, the latter cause I have flown it myself and heard it were said and the main reason I wanted to learn it :P

• Like 1

Construction crane operators

Long distance truckers

As a side note, I dove with a guy who was quite open about wearing a diaper. He was in a dry suit and liked coffee and we were shooting an underwater movie. He offered them to folks if they wanted one... don't recall anyone taking one though. They were cheap Depends too. I was using a wetsuit so I didn't use one.

5 hours ago, Mr. Sea Otter said:

They were cheap Depends too. I was using a wetsuit so I didn't use one.

The nerve of some people! Seriously though, what are the technical differences between a wet suit and a dry suit? Is a dry suit just sealed off with a locking helmet?

1 hour ago, eatenbywo1ves said:

The nerve of some people! Seriously though, what are the technical differences between a wet suit and a dry suit? Is a dry suit just sealed off with a locking helmet?

I have seen a few different dry suites

Tight fit around legs/hands/neck so water don't go in

Tight fit around hands and neck, with atached feet

etc

Wet suite is just that, a wet suite, pretty much a layer of wet insulation

10 hours ago, eatenbywo1ves said:

In my previous jobs I sold wetsuits and drysuit to recreational divers

The idea of a dry suit is to keep your skin dry.

On 27/07/2016 at 8:15 PM, warpiper said:

Hey I've done an ironman too. Peed twice in the water and not again till the finish. I do know people who pee while on the bike though.

Honestly, the second time around I peed on the bike like twice. It rained the entire time and I wasn't sweating as much as I was putting into myself. I peed in a portapotty. I wasn't in contention to win, just wanted to finish the damn thing. First was wisconsin, second was Lake Placid.

The majority of people who wear diapers at work are doing jobs that are all around you. The only common comparison is that leaving the workstation between breaks isn't possible. Lots of common jobs like teachers, cashiers, assembly line, etc.

If you can't hold it

I hear security use diapers because they have to stay up all night so they drink coffee and they can't go to the bathroom until break. Not everyone can hold it that long. I used to talk to someone online and he used Depends and this was back when I was in high school. He only had one accident in each one. He would hold it until he couldn't anymore and go in the diaper.