LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

I'm Joining All You Night Time Diaper Wearers!

First, I am a life long DL with no interest at all in AB. I was a bedwetter until I was 6 years old and was diapered every night in cloth diapers and Gerber plastic pants. This is where I got my diaper fetish, yes as early as age 5. As an adult, I have never been able to fall asleep in diapers. Funny how things change over time.

I am 5 weeks into a total right knee replacement and still having issues although I'm a lot better. Seems it will be a couple more months before I am closer to normal but it may be a year or longer before I'm totally back to normal per what people have told me. My issue is I have slept in a water bed for the past 30+ years and those who have used a water bed know it's not very easy to get out of once you are in. I have to roll over on my stomach, put one leg over the side and push up with my other knee to get up over the wood side of the bed. Problem now is I am not supposed to kneel down on my new knee or put pressure on it at all, hence problems getting out of bed. When I first got home from the hospital I slept in a recliner chair until just these past 4 nights when I finally was able to use my waterbed again.

I have a very heavy thick couch pillow that I keep in my bed so that when I need to get out I can put that under my new knee so as not to be kneeling so much on the hard wood platform under the mattress. It helps but I really need to be careful about it and it does cause discomfort on my knee getting out of bed that way. The other problem is for years I have been getting up at least 3 or more times a night to pee. Seems when I'm sleeping and the urge hits, I wake up and can't fall asleep again until I pee, weather it's a large amount or a small amount. It's irritating! Since I've been back home, I have been waking and getting up 6 to sometimes 8 times a night to pee! Yes, I've had my prostate checked and again, the volumne ranges from just a little to a fair amount. In the hospital I was given a portable urinal to use and while that works good enough in a hospital bed, it's useless in a waterbed.

Finally early this morning about 4:30 when I woke up to pee for about the 4th or 5th time I got pissed, no pun intended. I'm tired of the discomfort in my knee when trying to get out of bed so much, so I decided to be practical, at least for a short time until I heal more. Since I have a closet full of disposable diapers and plastic pants I wear now and then as a DL, I've decided to start wearing them to bed for a while starting tonight. Since I put one on when I woke up at 4:30 this morning (a McKession) and it was soaked by 7am, I may have to use a booster to get through the night without a diaper change. I'm not yet sure I will be able to fall asleep wearing diapers to bed, but I think part of that problem has always been the fact that I am wearing a diaper to bed for fun and personal enjoyment of my diaper fetish. While I'm sure part of that won't still be on my mind, I'm telling myself I'm wearing diapers to bed for a practical reason. To save my new knee so I won't have to get up and out of bed 6 times or more a night. So, I will see how it goes in joining all the rest of you night time diaper wearers for a while.

First, let me address everyone's replies as I think there may be some misunderstanding of my reasons for wearing diapers to bed. First, I do not want this to be a regular ongoing thing. Right now I have had knee surgery and I'm recovering from it. It is hard to get in and out of a waterbed with a knee that is still recovering. I have been getting up to pee at least 3 times a night for many years, sometimes it's more than that. I have type 2 diabetes and have had kidney stones so I don't restrict my fluid intake. I don't want to put extra stress on my kidneys. I have had my prostate checked several times and there is no problem there. My reason for wearing diapers to bed is simply so I won't have to stress my knee getting in and out of bed several times a night until it's healed a lot more. So to address people one at a time:

Craisler. I think you're going to have problems improving your sleep situation by simply wearing diapers. I am not looking to improve my sleep and am expecting the opposite. I expect it will be very hard for me to sleep in a diaper. I'm looking to have less stress on my new knee getting in and out of bed several times a night to pee. First off, I'm guessing that you're still using the inexpensive diapers you find at various discount stores. Those are typically good for one wetting and then need to be changed. True, the thrift store diapers don't last as long as premium diapers. Sometimes when I wake up to pee I pee a little and other times more. Past experience tells me I could use these for 2 to 3 wettings at night but would probably still have to get up and change in the middle of the night. I mentioned using a booster pad inside to extend the capacity, but even with a cheaper diaper if I have to change once in the middle of the night, that's getting up once, not 6 times to go and pee. Next, I and many of the members here went through a stage when we first started wearing diapers as adults when we couldn't sleep with a diaper on. The feelings associated with diaper wearing are different than you're used to and those make sleeping difficult. True and that is exactly what I have been experiencing all my life. I can't fall asleep when I have a diaper on, so this may be a point in futility anyway. As I first said, if I can't fall asleep in a diaper after the first couple days, I will stop trying to wear diapers to bed. My sleep is more important than having to get up 5 or 6 times a night to pee. Many, if not all, guys get turned on by wearing a diaper. Trying to sleep with an erection is difficult. I;m sure part of not being able to sleep in diapers is the excitement of being in a diaper. It's not the normal thing and it is a fetish and no matter what, unless you have gotten used to it over the years by doing it all the time, it will be a problem. I don't get an erection but I'm sure the turn on is in the back of my mind causing me not to be able to fall asleep. The body and mind knowing something is just not normal in a stimulating way. You'll probably be concerned about leaks when you do pee, so you'll wake up every time you have to go. I do wake up ever time I have to go, and that is the way I want it. I don't want to wet in my sleep without control. that is not the issue here. I want to wake up when I have to pee, just like I do now, only instead of having to twist my knee and get out of bed to go to the bathroom, I want to just pee in my diaper instead and then go back to sleep. The diaper is just a tool to use, like a bedpan or urinal so I won't have to get up each time. I could go on and on about the problems of starting wearing diapers at night. They all come down to the fact that you're not likely to get much sleep. I agree with that. If you want to sleep and take the stress off your new knee, the easiest and most likely to be successful solution would be to move to the recliner until your knee is strong enough to use normally. After 4 weeks in the recliner, I just can't do that anymore. I was taking heavy narcotic pain pills that made me drowsy and helped me sleep. I'm off the pills now and I don't take sleeping pills (don't go there, with other medical issues I have sleeping pills are not recommended and can cause me issues) The other solution would be to get a normal bed and give up the "pool" table. That won't happen. Can't afford a new bed and I like the waterbed. Remember, the knee is a temporary problem for a few weeks or so, not a permanent thing making me totally change my way of living, just temporarily. I'm not quite sure what your experiment is going to accomplish if you expect it to fail. The only plus side I see is that you'll have an excuse to be wearing a diaper if your parents see you wearing one. Way off base. Parents will never see me in a diaper! I guarantee that! There is no experiment so to speak. The motivation is only to keep from having to get out of bed 6 or more times a night until my knee gets a little better. Otherwise, you'll wake up to pee, wet the diaper, and then have to get up to change the diaper before getting back into bed. Unless you can wet the diaper more than once before needing to change, that's not an improvement over just getting up and peeing in the toilet. If I had to change diapers after each time I woke up to pee, I agree. I expect I can wake up at least 3 times or more to pee in the diaper before I have to get up and change. Getting up once or even twice a night to change a diaper is better that getting up 6 times a night to pee. that's 1/3 less stress on my knee.

Bryan. Like Craisler said, if you are wetting 3 times a night you're gonna need to invest in some quality protection. That would be a good idea, but as stated I think with a booster pad or stuffer I can make it with a fairly good store brand diaper even if I have to change once in the middle of the night. I have plastic pants that help too. Living conditions and income don't really allow me to get top of the line premium diapers like Dry 24/7 or Abena. Also, keep in mind that you'll still have an occasional leak. I've never really tried to become a bed wetter but from what I've read, consistently wetting while making less and less effort to wake up eventually leads to becoming a bed wetter, which also from what I've read is very hard to stop once it becomes a some what regular thing. I won't have the leak issue because I will not wet in my sleep. I wake up to pee and if I just pee my diaper I will be aware of how wet it is. If it even gets close to the point of leaking I will get up and change it. I have plastic pants that help, and as stated, if I have to change in the middle of the night that is less getting up than if I got up every time to go pee. I am not trying to become a bedwetter. I will not constantly be wetting and not making an effort to wake up. That is not a goal at all here. I never wet the bed and haven't since I was a kid. I always wake up to pee. the only thing different here is that when I wake up to pee, instead of getting out of bed to go to the bathroom, I'll just pee in my diaper. Then I will go back to sleep. That way I won't be putting the extra stress on my knee to have to get up. So wear the diapers if you want, but I would urge you to be cautious of becoming dependant on them. Once more, becoming dependant on diapers is the very last thing I want and the last thing on my mind. My goal here is and has always been just temporary for a couple weeks until my knee heals more. The temporary wearing of night diapers is only for practicality right now to help me avoid straining my knee by getting out of bed 6 times a night to pee. After that it's back to normal as it's always been. No other motivation or secret objectives with diapers is involved here. Good luck with the knee recovery! Thanks!

Cajunbyblood. Or if u find the (wet or dry) diaper hard to sleep in, you could get a few of those plastic bed urinals like they have at the hospital. Very good point and in fact, in the hospital I had one which I used. Problem is, with a waterbed if you sit up to pee in a urinal, your butt now sits on the bottom wood platform of the bed because now your weight is not equally distributed among the waterbed mattress supporting your body. The mattress now pushes up around your body making it impossible to push down a urinal low enough to pee in. Believe me, that was the first thing I tried! A firm regular mattress like in the hospital was no problem, but a waterbed mattress just doesn't work with a portible urinal. A condon catheter with a collection tank would be a better solution.

deewet. As much as you wet during the night, I would be hard pressed to believe any disposable will work and not lead to leaks. Bite the bullet and get some good cloth diapers- and double up or use boosters if necessary. I agree that disposables probably wouldn't last the night without needing one change, even with a booster. Again, even if I have to get up once in the night to change diapers, that's better than getting up 6 times a night to pee. I have many pairs of plastic pants but as I don't live alone, cloth diapers and washing them, and all is out of the question. I know cloth diapers would most likely be a lot better as my DL friend would tell me (and he has over and over many times!) You will be well bundled when going to bed, but will avoid the leaks with the use of good waterproof panties, and should not have to get up till morning. The long term might not be as expected as after you become adept at this arrangement, chances are you will be stuck with it, as it may become hard to change back again. If I thought for one second that I would be stuck having to wear diapers to bed on an ongoing bases, I would never even try this! This is not for long term and not to wet in my sleep without knowing. I always wake up having to pee and this is just for a couple weeks until my knee gets stronger. If I had even the slightest idea I would not wake up and just pee automatically in my diaper I would never even try this! I'm only trying this because I do wake up to pee.

After this long response here, I have to say it's all a moot point anyway!

@ rusty pins: hope your knee gets better. how long have you tried wearing diapers to bed? 2 days? also how much powder did you use if any?

try wearing to bed for 5 more days.

i don't wear diapers all that often but when i do wear to bed i use lots of powder to help combat the heat and sweat from the blankets so it's now more comfortable. also if you roll over onto your side try stuffing a pillow between your legs to help deal with the new bulk.

Have you thought about just sleeping outside in your yard on the ground, so when you have to pee, do so ??

Mother Nature is very forgiving.

Best Wishes :D

13 hours ago, babylin said:

Have you thought about just sleeping outside in your yard on the ground, so when you have to pee, do so ??

Mother Nature is very forgiving.

Best Wishes :D

you say sleep is important to you but in my opinion it should be your knee that's more important. if it were me i'd rather get very little sleep to insure my knee healed up properly as opposed to having a distinct chance of ruining it just because i didn't want lose some sleep.

that being said it's your knee your choice.

going back to the powder, i think you should at least give it a try, you never know it might be just the thing to make you comfortable enough to fall asleep. if nothing else you can use it during the day when you do wear, so it's not a waste. there's other uses for baby powder too other than in diapers so it's always handy to have around.

1 hour ago, ruffledpanties said:

I don't suggest a catheter cause you got to know what your doing, but how about a funnel, flexible tube, and under bed collection pot?

Possible idea there.