LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Students of today are more afraid of growing up than in previous generations

My generation (millennials) is the first generation expected to do worse than our parents in nearly a century. We are terrified because our parents' generation has (and continues to) front us with an insurmountable debt that will likely keep us from the kind of economic surplus baby boomers and Gen X benefit from in the 90s. We are in over our heads. It's no wonder to me that so many of us are reluctant to grow up and enter into a world that has stacked the deck against us.

• Like 3

Every time I see something like this I just add it to my mental tally of "the next world-destroying catastrophe created by the boomers and left for the millennials to clean up and die trying" and move on.

Hey, it took a lot of late night parting and hard work for us boomers to leave you such a mess. And by the way, in case your wondering, we enjoyed every minute of it. Just charge up your ipads and iphones and fix it. Put on a clean diaper and get out there and make it all better.

Yeah true, but i feel like my generation is really soft, at least in the western parts. Seems like the whole world is getting hard and all we argue about is who should use what bathroom, well maybe not us.

It's just apathy. Whether things have been any different for our generation compared to others is debatable but we have grown up and seen an awful lot of politicians lie, we have grown up with news being delivered to us nearly all the time from our computers, TV, phone, everything. Constantly being delivered news, usually bad, I think has its effect on people and it is very hard to disconnect from it since it is everywhere.

I can't speak for everyone but I find myself apathetic towards politics because it seems like every law passed is designed to squeeze people like me even more. It almost feels like the current politicians are just trying to keep the world propped up until they die with very little thought given to those who come after them. To go back to my earlier point... A lot of people my age grew up being constantly told (I remember being told this in primary school) oil is running out, climate change is going to be a problem, etc... Here we are 20 years later and the climate is now changing to the point where real damage is being done and we are still very reliant on oil, so reliant that we are now going to some extreme lengths to get it out of the ground because it is increasingly hard to find.

We come to elections and the same people run and win the vote because they appeal to the older generations and younger people just give up trying to influence things because we have almost no say in anything. It's kind of a vicious circle... Young people are apathetic or feel disenfranchised so they don't vote or get involved, this allows older people to get more of a say and leads to more apathy. I always vote but I can understand people who don't since to this date none of my votes have mattered in the slightest.

Do I expect it to get better? No, as we get older and the politicians start coming from our own generation they will do exactly the same thing. Damage control to get through their lives and leave a world even more worse off for the people who come next.

Actually people are often staying at home longer because no one can afford to move out. The average age for a first time house buyer here is 39-years-old, many will never be able to buy because the house prices spiralling out of control, that is over here anyway. I know a lot of people who want to move out more than anything but can't because house prices are astronomical. Renting is an option but there goes most of your pay cheque which needs to be saved if you ever hope to own a place of your own.

Same with kids... Why aren't more people having kids? Who can afford kids...

People have been saying the next generation is worse than the last in ancient Greek times so I don't really buy that a whole generation of people are worse for whatever reason. Even in my first post when I talk about older generations I don't mean to say they are all worse, just that the politicians and decision makers have left the younger people feeling very disenfranchised towards anything political. I lazily say older people, but I clearly don't mean everyone, I mean people who have/had power either in politics or big business.

It actually makes me pretty angry when I hear people calling my generation and the next one "worthless" it is both a tremendous generalisation about millions of people and because it is these "worthless" people that are going to have to pick up the pieces in ten years or so. Countless debt has been racked up that are going to have to be paid off and judging from the austerity measures in my country at the moment, my entire lifetime will be spent in austerity trying to recover from the reckless spending of those who came before us. As minachan16 said, we are expected to do worse than our parents... Surely it is a generations job to leave the world a better place for the ones that come after them?

To purely blame millennials for things that they have no control over means you have to ignore absolutely every outside factor, of which there are a lot. It is easy to just say they are "lazy"... Perhaps, ironically, it is a "lazy" answer. The fact is, every generation is roughly the same. There are lazy people and hard workers, there are very liberal and very conservative people, there are smart and stupid people. It's why I suggested things won't get better... When the older generations retire and die they will be replaced by people brought up in the same system and in many case have come from the same schools and have the same ideas. They will take power and they will do all of the same things which will mean the next generation will resent us and in 20-30 years on a VR message board streamed directly into the brain people will have this same conversation... It has been happening since time immemorial.

Damn, this thread really but some legs on itself.

Seeing all your guys posts makes me appreciate my position more so, and makes me want to use it in a manner that is beneficial in a manner that advances us forward.

That being said, apathy, disinterest, and just overall "disconnecting" from it all helps no one, specifically ourselves. I used to have this frame of mind about the world, it is more taxing than looking for the positive and down right i drove people (some that I loved dearly) out of my life because of it. I get it, its complex, dangerous, and down right terrifying to actualize the world we live in ones' minds eye so to speak. Chose not to fear it though, fear is choice that one makes for their self. Instead chose to recognize and respect the danger, but be aware that you can "own" it so to speak. Let it become something that drives you to start making all those little changes in your life that you need to make, let it make you into something stronger than you currently are. We can wallow away in apathy and self pity all we want, but it does not change the situation and serves to weaken resolve;in fact, it reduces our timeline to react to these changes and current situations. Its a big, scary world out there, become bigger and scarier than it.

Youre right jason, the sample size is awful, and its only one study with no independent verification. It still has brought up some interesting discussion, at least i feel like it has.

On July 7, 2016 at 9:23 AM, DL4LIFE said:

Heads up! This post does not pertain to everyone. There are exceptions and I know not everyone from this generation is as I speak of.

Good video, I enjoyed how his comedic approach gives levity to situation in a historical context. Good find! That pizza one is great #whyistayed, i remember hearing about it on npr.