LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

When Choosing a Professional Mummy and Nursery

Hello All,

Something I feel is an important subject is that of littles who choose to visit a professional mummy. I remember plucking up the courage twice to inquire to a pro-mummy but when it came to having to ring her in person (one of her requirements), I lost my nerve. Like a lot of ABs, I really needed a mummy who could provide me with the right kind of care, which for me was a very young and vulnerable pre-verbal baby. I needed a mummy for whom the process wasn't an "act" nor did I want a domme who offered it as a bolt-on service. I wanted nurturing and comfort for my very needy and wounded little self; nothing even vaguely sexual at all. This narrowed my choices considerably for it seemed, in the UK at least, there were very few who could fulfill this role.

I want to share with you a page written by a pro-mummy who deeply understands the needs of her littles, loves and cares for them unconditionally and who has heard first-hand the bad, sad and sometimes disturbing experiences of those who have visited other pro-mummies in the UK. There is great advice in here about how to choose the right mummy for you; one that meets your needs, which as she also advises, may not be her. She has a procedure that is followed before any littles visit to make sure she is the right fit for them - not always.

http://www.mummygrace.co.uk/#!due-diligence/ultvx

I hope that this helps all those that consider visiting a pro-mummy. I know how terrifying it can be; it's expensive, it might involve travel, it's showing your most vulnerable side to someone you don't intimately know. Make sure your little gets what they need and deserve.

13 minutes ago, BabyWendyMarie said:

This is something that's been on my mind of late, the last few months, at the very least. I really like how you expressed yourself. I agree, it IS a delicate topic and such a deeply personal one. The upshot of it being that the decision, whichever it happens to be, must be made carefully, of course, but the bottom line is that you need to take your time and not allow your impulsive little (who is, let's face it, desperate, and I'm not saying YOU, I'm saying all us vulnerable littles) to dominate the internal conversation. The adult must take over at some point in the decision. I wonder how Rosalie Bratt would respond to this issue. Does she have a place on her website where readers can post issues worthy of exploration, such as this one? Thanks for posting it and please keep us informed as to what you decide, if you are open to doing that.

Hello and thanks for your kind comments. I think you're absolutely right in that there's what your inner little person needs but also the importance of your grown-up self to make the right, healthy decisions for them. She doesn't have a space on the website where this could be discussed more but if you are a member of Fetlife and search for MummyGrace, you'll find more of her writings, thoughts and discussions with littles on this and other subjects.

Mummy Grace was my FT mummy for quite a while. I found that once little BlankieLover got what he needed, he didn't need to shout so loud in order to get what he needed. What has happened, and this would have seemed unbelievable to me some years ago, is that I barely engage as an AB any more at all. My little side got satisfied and with that, decades of dressing up and yearning for a mother's comfort have almost vanished. I don't intend this to sound negative; I still have all my baby stuff. It's available if I ever want / need it but I see it as a major step forward emotionally for me - she totally repaired and filled the huge gaps left by abusive, biological mother. I feel like I've moved on from being an AB but of course, will never forget the warm, reparative experiences.

BL

XXX

22 hours ago, BabyWendyMarie said:

My goodness! This is becoming quite a narrative about your life, BL. I think it's fascinating how this experience changed you for the better. I've been concerned that were I to spend time with a mommy I would fall hopelessly in love with her and feel empty in my life without her, and that's a dangerous place for someone like me who has such a deep emotional void. So having you share your experience here is truly amazing to me. But I'm curious, when and for how long exactly did you spend time with her and to what extent did she encourage you to be the baby you are inside? What was the experience like? Was there much physical contact? Somehow the way she interacted with you moved you deeply. It sound epiphenal, as though she were instrumental in moving your life past its most significant obstacles without, perhaps, even realizing it...thanks for the note and your articulate - and courageous - approach to this discussion.

Hi there and thank you again for your kind and considered responses. I always welcome discussion about my journey.