LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Urine stained beds in hotels and motels

stevewet

Being a bedwetter I am always curious and check beds for stains when I stay in motels or hotels. I can tell you bedwetting must be quite common in hotels and motels because I have found quite a few well stained mattresses and even one that was still quite wet that had just been turned over. The room still smelled strongly of stale pee.

Anyone else discovered similar when staying in a hotel or motel.

Yes. Like you, I used to check the condition of the mattresses in each hotel room I stayed in, and I found lots of urine stains. In recent years, back problems have restricted my agility when it comes to stripping and remaking beds.

I think bedwetting is far more common than we realise. Most places I have stayed either have their beds protected or evidence of being wet at sometime. My wife stayed at a cottage with her family just recently and two of the beds were badly stained.

I never look, because its a question I really don't need to know the answer to. A lot of people have stayed in any room before you have and I prefer not to think about what they could have been doing in there.

• 2 months later...
On 2016-09-13 at 10:40 PM, YeOldeDiapers said:

If you chart the incidence of bedwetting from childhood through adolescence to adulthood, it never quite goes to zero percent. The studies I am aware of show an incidence of between 0.5% to 2% of the population continue wetting into adulthood; and there is negligible changes in that rate of incidence as years go on.

In other words, if a person is still wetting the bed on their 18th birthday, it is likely they will continue to do so for their lifetime (some people do stop, and others do start, and these studies didn't clearly define this variable).

YeOldeDiapers - It's an interesting issue. I've read that about 1 to 2 percent of teenagers wet the bed. As its believed that percentage decreases by about half from the beginning to the end of the teen years I suspect that your figures are probably accurate. I wonder if there's a difference between males and females?