LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Age of Onset?

Age of Onset  

206 members have voted

1. 1. What was your age when you first put on diapers on your own for incontinence, or at the beginning of your ABDL experience?

• Have always worn diapers.
    • Age 7-8
    • Age 9-10
    • Age 11-14
    • Age 15-17
    • Age 18-19
    • Age 20-24
    • Age 25-30
    • Over Age 30

Because my bladder was tiny and over-active when I was growing up my Mom would nicely ask me to wear a diaper and vinyl panties on long car trips and for special events. Back then I just assumed every kid I saw in a restaurant on a trip was diapered. The same was true about all the other kids at Disneyland.

However, since I never wet the bed after I was toilet-trained I seldom wore a diaper at a motel or at home.

All that changed for me shortly after puberty when I was 12. Suddenly I reverted to bedwetting. That was when I was taught how to pin on my own gauze diapers. My night bladder control never returned, so I have worn diapers when I sleep every time since 1976. When I was at university and later living in apartments I made-do with disposables for bed. As soon as I had discreet access to a washer and dryer I resumed wearing gauze diapers to bed.

I lost my day bladder control the summer I turned 21. Prior to that I often wore a disposable while awake for convenience. As disposables have improved since 1985 the type I wear while functioning as an adult have changed. Currently I wear GoodNites Tru-Fit which I find effective and inexpensive. For years between the introduction of Pampers Cruisers I wore those with the flaps cut off inside knit cotton panties. Should KCWW actually stop production of the disposable liners for Tru-Fit I will return to using the modified Cruisers.

I was the youngest and don't recall seeing any nappies around as I grew up. I do remember a neighbour kid wore plastic pants and I loved the scent of them. I started wearing just for fun around age 10..11. Not an easy task having an older brother who shared my room and an older sister. Plus back then it was terry towelling nappies and plastic pants so not easy to get. I got throu , and in my teen years did some baby sitting so that gave me time alone to enjoy. Moving on in 2006 my spine was ripped apart leaving me now having no choice and using either a cathetar or disposable pad. I was nothing like i remembered when i was a teen and wanted to be wearing and using nappies.

• 1 month later...
On 6/5/2016 at 6:19 AM, Bettypooh said:

I put "over 30" because prior to that any attempts at me diapering were only to prevent bedwetting when I was drunk :whistling: Dang, I wasted half a lifetime denying one of my deepest desires by waiting until I needed diapers before giving them a try :P I'm trying to make up for that lost time now ;)

Bettypooh

I did the same. (Well, not the wearing when drunk part, anyway).

• 2 weeks later...

Was a bed wetter till 12. by then i was hooked but had problems finding diapers.

About 23 the adult disposable diapers started hitting the market and i got my first box of Attends with infant disposable diapers for boosters.

Been wearing ever since. now at age 65

• 2 weeks later...

I liked peeing my self and my bed but only did it in small amounts so not to get caught and get the belt over my rear end. A round age 11 I started to get interested in diapers and spent a lot of time pursuing the department store catalogs from Sears, J.C. Penney's, and Montgomery Wards in their baby and health sections. I started doing make shift diapers at age 12 and when I was 16 I ordered incontinent diapers from Wards and have some kind of diapers ever since.

• 3 weeks later...

I was potty trained when I was around 2 years old, then returned to diapers when I was 5, but just for a week or so when I found some left over diapers from when I was little. My parents let me and my 9 year old cousin have them to play mommy and baby with, as long as I didn't use them. Well, I did so anyway and that's where the fun stopped. My parents took them away and shamed me and I didn't dare to go near diapers again for some time.

A few years later at age 10-11 I search and found them again. I think it was like five or so diapers left. When they were used up I bought my own and kept them hidden in my room. I think I had the largest size of baby pull-ups. After they expired I bought the largest tape ones and kept buying those and goodnites until I was 18 and could order adult diapers online.

I chose 7-8, but I can remember trying to put on baby diapers as young as 4 or 5. I have had a fascination with them since I was taken out of them. I spent a lot of my childhood swiping diapers and wearing them backwards with the tapes on my skin and the rest tucked between my legs.

I remember the day I learned they made adult diapers. I was 5.

I remember the day I first learned I wasn't alone. I was 16 and found a magazine article about it.

At the age of 18 I found an online community in existence (late 90's) and the rest is history.

11-14 for me @ 27.78% according to the poll seems to be the most common age of onset of AB Or DL desires. Roughly corresponding to the onset of puberty makes sense as the wearing and using of diapers has always been sexual to me. Like some I fashioned " diapers" out of towels pinned on with plastic garbage bag

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My first diaper experience after being out of diapers had to be at about age 4-6, but I picked 11-14 because that's when I first managed to get my hands on diapers to experiment with again. Realistically I'd say my age of onset was about 5 though, even though I didn't even know what an orgasm was at the time, much less what an AB/DL was.

• 3 weeks later...

I voted, always in diapers. I have always liked diapers, and can remember going back to babyhood on that. Not sure when I put on my first, or started. I use to put on several pairs of underwear, when I was a child, not sure what age I started doing that? I pinned towels on as a child too, maybe 7,8? In my teens, I would fashion several Pampers together and wear them. My first adult type item, was snap on, plastic/nylon coated, incontinent pant, with a cloth insert that would snap inside.That was late teens, I think. Soon after that, I hooked up with the internet, and I ordered cloth diapers and plastic pants, it might have been from Angle Fluff diapers? Those were my first real diapers. Don't recall when I bought my first disposable diapers (adult ones)?