LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Memorial Day 2016

I want to take a moment here to thank all of the US Military, active or veteran, for standing to protect the Nation we share and love from it's enemies. I appreciate you and what you've done for me and I always will :wub:

And I want all Americans here to stop and think of those who served but didn't get to come home :( They did that for you and me. They gave of themselves their most valued possession- their own life- so that we could remain free. We may not always agree with the politics of war but we owe those who fought and died our own life-long respect.

For many this is a day for parties, barbecuing, and fun but just remember that without those who gave their all we would not have these things to enjoy. This is their day, a time to remember, a time to fully appreciate our fellow Americans who will not get to enjoy these things themselves ever again. Honor them and remember that you and I owe them a debt which we can never repay.

Bettypooh

• Like 2

I got more than a few dumbfounded faces and pauses at Krogers the other day. People were all in line and around. I kept hearing "Happy Memorial Day" and "Enjoying your long weekend?" When we went through the checkout we got a "Enjoy your Holiday" I then said in a loud voice: How is it everyone is so happy and joyful, over the holiday to acknowledge those that died in the many wars to give people a day off to remember their sacrifice? Silence was deafening, I then countered with, and please for all that is holy, quit saying thank-you for your service to those of us who lived, that's Veterans Day...and the people you should be thanking today you can't... I walked out in the silence, but I got a slight applause from a few older farmers, assume prior service or just understood. :(

Repaid and a few others here know why I feel as I do- when it's personal and up-close you see things differently. It makes you care which is what most people miss because they don't see what you do. I hope I opened at least a few eyes and minds to seeing, understanding, and caring- that was the main reason for my topic. That, along with a memory which is full of mixed-up emotions for someone whose blood I share that I shall forever honor.

Bettypooh

16 hours ago, Repaid1 said:

I got more than a few dumbfounded faces and pauses at Krogers the other day. People were all in line and around. I kept hearing "Happy Memorial Day" and "Enjoying your long weekend?" When we went through the checkout we got a "Enjoy your Holiday" I then said in a loud voice: How is it everyone is so happy and joyful, over the holiday to acknowledge those that died in the many wars to give people a day off to remember their sacrifice? Silence was deafening, I then countered with, and please for all that is holy, quit saying thank-you for your service to those of us who lived, that's Veterans Day...and the people you should be thanking today you can't... I walked out in the silence, but I got a slight applause from a few older farmers, assume prior service or just understood. :(

Well, I think I can shed some light on that craziness. Since it is a Holiday where many places are not open (including childcare), it is probably one of the few weekends out of the summer where you can get sufficient vacation time to do something. Well, actually I was forced to take the time off.

Now, how I spend my day off from my work is my business. If I want to have a party, then there is nothing wrong with that. I understand what Memorial day is about, but that was mostly irrelevant for my vacation plans.

Sorry you're upset about this.