LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Day time

Finally find myself waking up wet in morning. Wear cloth diapers and plastic pants.

Now I need protection for day time starting to lose control. Looking for disposable pull ups.

Need to know who makes the best for incontinence.

The Seni pull-ups sold by XP Medical work well. Keep in mind that pull-ups have very limited capacity when compared to a disposable diaper. I can wear a Seni diaper for 8-12 hours with no leaks. A pull-up is good for 4 hours.

Keep in mind that pull ups aren't meant for 4 hours of coverage. They are meant for small leaks that happen during the course of the day. They can last the normal incontinent person all day when they are used as designed. Not a full bladder flood.

Diapers are made to be changed conveniently. You simply pull down your pants take off the old, and apply a new one, and pull pants back on.

Pull ups however require you to completely undress your bottom half to change. Shoes, pants, and whatever else you're wearing that will be in the way.

Unless you plan on using a pull up for protection and not as a storage container, most pullups are effective enough. You have to decide based upon your leaking. Are you having trouble holding it when it's urgent? Do you tend to release a lot when holding it fails? Is it just dribbles?

If you can't control the flow after the involuntary release and tend to flood more than a few ounces, you'll need diapers. If you can catch it and clinch it until you can make it to the bathroom, go for pull ups. Otherwise, you'll be in need of changing a pull up and made to completely undress you're bottom half.

Pull ups are more prone to leaking. Most don't have leak guards, when they do, it's not practical anyway. They have a smaller capacity, crotch is narrow, pad is shorter and in some cases, gender specific, and have the useful padding only up front, in to the middle of the crotch. When you sit with any kind of recline, look out!

I've recently had to start wearing protection in the day time too. If I'm at home or just a short trip out, I wear a pull up but anything longer than a couple of hours, I wear a proper diaper. My problem is that whilst I can on occasion still make it to the bathroom, I dribble frequently and often feeling wet means I can't control my pee so capacity wise, pull ups can be a bit risky.

how are you finding the adjustment to wearing during the day? I've been in diapers at night all my life but still getting used to having to wear during the day and seeing myself as "incontinent"

Depends pull-ups are actually fairly good, and with one exception (Seni) their waterproofing is the only cloth-like backing I've found that does not wick or seep through the cover.. For me they are also a good fit. I'd say they are worth giving a try if you haven't done that yet- they're a lot better than tore brands and very consistent too. I used pull-ups for over a year, then after an unexpected bout of diarrhea at work I discovered the downside of changing them. Twice in about ten minutes where I had nowhere to change except half-hidden behind my car door parked near a residential street :o Their capacity for urine was still enough but having to undress there twice was enough to get me into diapers instead because the logistics are so much easier when a change is needed. Pads changed a few times a day will handle minor leakage equally well and with much easier logistics than pull-ups.

I find cheap pull-ups handy to wear here at home where I have rapid toilet access and changes are easy when needed. They also give my skin a break from having the same spots chafed slightly by the diapers I normally wear. I wear them while out shopping and for short trips where I'm sure they will be enough to get me back home if I already have

I generally prefer wearing diapers than pull ups from a comfort point of view but emotionally I'm more comfortable with wearing pull ups during th day. Pull ups say to me "ok, I might have a small accident, I have these just in case. If I don't make it to the bathroom, it's ok, I can change right away" where as diapers are more like "I don't have urinary control so I need protection that will cope with all my wettings".

am I crazy?! I've always worm diapers at night so I'm very used to them but daytime not so much. Anyone else feel like this?