LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Banks be like...

37 minutes ago, Babygohan said:

Did the collector sound like they thought they were wasting their time?

Nope quite serious! If we pay it after the 20th it'll go up to $1.51!

• 2 weeks later...

Not too long ago the electric company turned off my power, because I underpaid my bill by 38 cents. When I tried to pay it over the phone, they couldn't process my card because there is a $1 minimum charge. I had to drive to the other side of the county to pay 38 cents in cash and get my power turned back on. The lady on the phone thought it was ridiculous too, but everything is controlled by computers and she couldn't override it.

Only in America..

If I don't pay my bill they just send a new one and if I cant pay it I call them and get it delayed..

If I pay less than I should, they put the outstanding number on the next bill

Regarding the dollar you didn't pay, they have maybe millions of customers so 1 dollar can ad up quite fast

What irks me more than anything is that their system is so inflexible that it cannot deal with anything outside of what usually happens. The person you first speak to on the phone can do nothing, so why are they there? They're sole use is to notify you of something, not to resolve it. I often ask to speak with a supervisor and often they can't resolve anything either; sometimes they are more lost than the first person you spoke to. And if you go up the chain of command again they seem to be bothered with you and your problem even though it is their job to handle these things :screwy:

My power bill has always been paid on time and in full. I always have records of that. But due to an odd situation I've had my power turned off several times. They no longer have an office in town so it's either dealing with it on the phone or driving 2 hours to their main office out of state to speak face-to-face with a human within strangling distance :P So the last time round I was on the phone over 2 hours straight telling them what the problem was and what my meter number, meter reading, account number, the cancelled check number, and my personal billing details were at least a dozen times over. I had to go through 4 people before I reached anyone with the authority to actually do anything, and I had to wait 20 minutes on hold before they could be bothered to answer the phone

On 5/20/2016 at 11:41 AM, DprdJeff said:

Not too long ago the electric company turned off my power, because I underpaid my bill by 38 cents. When I tried to pay it over the phone, they couldn't process my card because there is a $1 minimum charge. I had to drive to the other side of the county to pay 38 cents in cash and get my power turned back on. The lady on the phone thought it was ridiculous too, but everything is controlled by computers and she couldn't override it.

WOW. I've went a month or 2 without being able to pay anything on my electric bill and although I did get a shut off notice they didn't shut it off.

20 hours ago, vvp39 said:

What if, after one of these telephone sessions or after one of those days of unending hassles, you were to conclude that none of the people you dealt with were stupider than you. That would make you the stupid one, would it not?

Not necessarily, we could be equal B) And in fact if it were true I wouldn't mind because I love to learn, and you can't learn much from someone who isn't at least as smart as you are

• Like 1

I don't really understand everyone's negative reactions. It's $1.25. It's less than the cost of a coke (at most places). Having a balance on a loan is a pretty black-and-white matter in my mind. You owe money, therefore you pay it. Don't get petty over just a few pennies! I knew a guy who, for idk even what reason, had to mail the IRS something like 30 cents. So he mailed them 30 checks for a penny each. What the hell. What in the actual hell (he is older than me, he's supposed to be an adult!). Pay off the loan, don't do anything dumb for your credit score, open up a bottle of wine (or a beer if that's what you prefer), go on with your life.

The electric company situations sound awful, Betty and Jeff. But like Betty said, it's a problem of inflexibility. Ground workers should be able to do more than they can. I've never had anything that was that bad, but when I do call companies it's always been a little too obvious that they're reading from a screen. But that situation is slightly different than still owing money on a loan.

On 5/22/2016 at 8:55 PM, wetdiaper222 said:

WOW. I've went a month or 2 without being able to pay anything on my electric bill and although I did get a shut off notice they didn't shut it off.