LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

anyone tried to diaper up after hand surgery

i am going to have a surgery on my hand next week, i will be in a cast for a while afterwords i am still wandering how i am going to diaper

I did after shoulder surgery. Not quite hand surgery but still lost a ton of mobility and dexterity.
It was pretty sloppy the first few times, and honestly hurt (but shoulder affects a bit more of your body). The first time I tried I failed miserably but luckily was able to get some help.

I had surgery on my non-dominant hand in January. Taping up both sides with only one good hand wasn't easy, but it could be done. Change often the first few days, because your diapers will leak much sooner. That will continue until you get a system down.

Thanks for your replies, i do like the idea to try pre taping some up, i may do a test on one, i am right handed, and having my thumb joint rebuilt, and carpal

13 hours ago, Pads n Pullups said:

If you add a "male guard" pad or a baby diaper to a decent pull-up you will be surprised at the capacity.

Wishing you the best :)

It doesn't take the loss of use of a whole hand to make life troublesome. I did a 'stupid' to my thumb some years back at work, and it was super-sensitive to any pressure. Even blowing on it gently was excruciating. Stifling screams became a habit and for once I learned to not move around in my sleep. Lacking use of that thumb rendered that hand nearly useless for a month and it was many months more before a nerve in the tip of it toned back down to normal sensitivity. I'm just glad it finally grew back and healed completely. Lesson learned albeit the hard way :blush:

Bettypooh

yes, I had hand and elbow surgery at the same time for severe carpal tunnel syndrome on my dominant hand, the first 36 hours after was very difficult to do anything at all because the whole arm was esenniatally dead no feeling at all my wife tried to diaper me the first night and did a very poor job of it.by the next night I had good feeling back. so I took off the sling and forced my self to do my own diapering.i just could not lift anything all for 3 weeks,lol.

My right arm and hand from the shoulder down was paralyzed for five years ending in 2010 I got partial use back , last alot of muscle and my elbow is Contracted as well as my fingers because it was never splinted to preserve function. It certainly made diapering a chalenge best to use a cloth type back with velcro closure rather than tape and wear some rubber or plastic pants over top to catch any bad taping leaks.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk