LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Things that make no sense

15 minutes ago, DailyDi said:

Ordered 4 boxes of crackers from Target. Got 4 tracking numbers, sending each box in it's own box.

Amazon did that with my last order, all four things ordered from one cart and paid for..And to my surprise the US mail brought them to me (Usually UPS) all in small boxes.

42 minutes ago, Repaid1 said:

Amazon did that with my last order, all four things ordered from one cart and paid for..And to my surprise the US mail brought them to me (Usually UPS) all in small boxes.

Sometimes that happens because items from Amazon are in different warehouses. But this was 4 boxes of the SAME crackers!

46 minutes ago, Spiderman said:

Well that is uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...................................confusing??????

13 hours ago, Repaid1 said:

Probably 90% of my Amazon orders get delivered by the mailman

Needless or excessive packaging is one quick way to turn me off to a product. The wastefulness can range from annoying to downright upsetting. Hopefully you can put the boxes to good use.

Sometimes I wish there was a way to have what's now single-use packaging and cartons go back for reuse. Or maybe be able to bring my own, such as to the grocery store deli and bakery instead of having to go with the plastic clamshell containers things are sold in.

I don't think bags and wrappers are a big deal. It's rigid containers that have a far greater ratio of material to internal volume. You could probably make dozens of those produce bags out of the quantity of material in a single clamshell container. The local grocery store used to sell muffins in compact paperboard boxes that I found a lot more attractive. They were probably at least partly from recycled paper and would be organic and compostable other than the windows on top.

Where I used to live, a plastic shopping bag ban went into effect. But I had long-since gotten into the habit of bringing reusable bags to the grocery store and Target and such. I reuse single-use bags as trash bags. I frequently get drinks from the soda machine at 7-11 and the gas station, and wash out and bring the same cup back until it gets beat up. You get a refill price when you bring your own. And I either seldom get or just pass on things if I think the packaging is over the top. Right now I'm often away from proper cooking facilities and in those instances I need to rely on frozen dinners in the microwave or eating out, plus I don't have access to recycling (like what you'd get through blue-bin curbside recycling) other than for cans and bottles. Tai-Pei brand (however that's spelled) dinners in the square cartons are a major go-to. Packaging is a good deal less than average, and they have a lot of vegetables as well. Some others use paper trays instead of plastic; more are starting to.

I sometimes buy/pre-order multiple movies and sometimes the blu-ray comes in a box that could fit 20 movies, so I have to pick it up at the post office cause it wont fit in my mailbox

• Like 1

Most likely a case of microeconomics at work here. Target probably has a flat-rate discount for boxes of specific sizes that allows them to save some small amount of money by shipping four smaller boxes instead of one larger one. It might only shave off a few pennies, but over large numbers of customers those pennies add up to real money. Years ago McDonald's experimented with outsourcing their drive-thru orders to India with the order being relayed back to the store in the US. The total savings was a penny per order, but over the number of customers the stores served daily it added up to a significant amount of money.

As for Amazon using the postal service for smaller orders, that's been going on for several months now. Apparently they worked out a deal with the USPS to diversify their carriers a bit more. Smaller packages now typically come USPS, but larger ones come through UPS.

On 04/14/2016 at 8:14 AM, rusty pins said:

Oh, and a recent thing that makes no sense?