LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Diapers/family(semi-rant) and question

Personally, unless they were required I wouldn't be encouraging of any kid to wear padding if they didn't need it (and no, I don't consider "psychological need" to count). The thing with having things like that to cope with life to me is that it shows a bigger problem that needs to be addressed. Having social anxiety, or anxiety in general is not something that should just be accepted in my opinion, it is something that needs fixing because it can dramatically impact someones life. Especially if someone is having problems with it at such a young age. I mean, if they wouldn't leave the house without you forcing the issue a bit then that sounds like a real problem.

I wouldn't want my kid wearing nappies or pull ups all the time if he didn't need them, it may not be a popular opinion here but it is just what I think. Maybe if they told me they wanted to wear them occasionally I would allow it at home or at weekends or something but that would depend on a lot of factors and it wouldn't be something I would be too comfortable with.

Just my two pennies worth.

I see both sides, but only somebody who truly works with a child on spectrum can determine what works, and it's not a simple answer.

If it wasn't evident from my post- I do have professional experience working with HFA youth, and youth with social anxiety.

I agree with sparks, have the child see a psychologist. Till then, I wouldn't change any routines. The great thing about seeing the psychologist is as a parent, they will teach you how to be a better parent for your child. That is where the change is going to start.

Like with any child, you have to work on one thing at a time. If you want your child to stop wearing pull-ups, then you will have to just focus on that behavior modification, and not also change routine in other areas.

Most of all, be patient. There will be ups and downs and the mistake I see made the most is resorting to the stick too early. Timeouts are a last resot, try instead to keep them motivated by reminding them about the rewards and do not forget to give them those when they are good. That's basic parenting right there, but that fundamental concept becomes even more crucial with

• Like 1

I think it's fine if he wants to wear them unless the kids at his school have found out or will find out. In that case I think it would be best for him to just wear the pullups at home. I think if mom takes them away completely it could cause a complex for him and lead to additional anxiety.

On 4/5/2016 at 6:02 AM, Bettypooh said:

When someone asks a medical question replies often begin with "I'm not a Doctor". So I'm not a Therapist or Child Psych, but one is definitely needed here. The

Bettypooh... 'I'm not a therapist, but..."

I am pretty sure that most good therapists would not concentrate on the diaper issue. we look at it because of our own fetishes and issues, but in the scheme of his problems, it is a relatively minor one. Sure, wearing a diaper at his age is NOT good and something that should be fixed if possible, but I am sure most would agree that his social alienation and biting are much bigger problems. The diaper is just a part of the problem, not THE problem. The other side of the issue is that a kid who bites will grow up and his friends will forget about it and move on. BUT they will remember he wore diapers. It is odd enough to stay in their minds.

I am glad it is not me, but I'd still try to get rid of the diapers. it is not going to be goodin the short term and at some point he is going to have to stop or face being an adult in diapers and having to justfy it to himself and others.

sub-atomic particle interaction is less complex than this question. There is no equation to refer to....

• Like 2

I became incontinent at age 12 after a sixty foot leap into a heavy Lake Michigan surf that pounded me against rocks for half an hour, leaving me in a coma for twenty-one days with serious head trauma and spinal damage.

• Like 2