LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Telling others

7 minutes ago, Scootaloo1 said:

What is it you plan on actually telling them?

Fair point. I plan on saying something to the effect of, "I just wanted to let you know, so that it doesn't come as a surprise later, but I've been having a lot of bladder control problems lately, and I'm using diapers to deal with the situation. I'm trying my best to keep it as private as possible, but it's hard to do that when I'm hanging out with you guys all day. So I thought I was important that you all know about it."

25 minutes ago, growlycub said:

Fair point. I plan on saying something to the effect of, "I just wanted to let you know, so that it doesn't come as a surprise later, but I've been having a lot of bladder control problems lately, and I'm using diapers to deal with the situation. I'm trying my best to keep it as private as possible, but it's hard to do that when I'm hanging out with you guys all day. So I thought I was important that you all know about it."

Cool, well maybe wait till you actually become incontinent before saying :)

• Like 1

A few things...

1. If you have the desire to be 24/7 but then get tired of it by the weekend every time then perhaps going into nappies permanently isn't the best idea. I get the same feelings sometimes and I also get tired of them. You shouldn't force yourself into doing something because eventually you will grow to resent it.

2. Telling your friends you are incontinent when you aren't is risky business. If you tell them and after a week no longer want to wear what do you say then? When you tell a lie you then have to keep that lie going which is harder work than it seems. If you decide after a week or a month that you no longer want to wear you then need to explain that, if anyone were to ask.

3. Making yourself incontinent is not an easy business. I'm not 100% sure it is doable, I know others say they have done it but I'm not so sure. If you get tired of nappies by the end of a week you have the option of taking them off, if you make yourself reliant on them you don't have that option and it can lead to feeling resentment towards them.

Basically, if you want out of them by the end of the week I don't know why going 24/7 would seem like a good idea. Maybe if you go for a period of a month or two wearing 24/7 and then still want to wear 24/7, then maybe it is something to consider more seriously.

At the end of the day it is up to you and if you were to tell them you were incontinent I doubt they would question it or anything else. But don't underestimate the huge effect it will have, once you have said it you can't unsay it. I know you might think that that will give you extra motivation to wear, and it might, but if you need others to give you a reason to wear then it may not be the best idea. Lying should always be avoided, makes life unnecessarily complicated.

If it helps nappies are usually a lot less visible than you may think, especially if you wear baggy clothes and stuff. You could most likely get away with wearing around your friends for a while without anyone even suspecting anything and if they were to ask... Well it would force your hand into doing something you already want to do.

9 hours ago, Kayfabe said:

If it helps nappies are usually a lot less visible than you may think, especially if you wear baggy clothes and stuff. You could most likely get away with wearing around your friends for a while without anyone even suspecting anything and if they were to ask... Well it would force your hand into doing something you already want to do.

Agree 100%, Wear the diaper until someone notices...then explain your needs. Your choice of underwear really isn't something you need to share ahead of time.

So what do you expect to gain from telling? And what could you lose? If things go poorly, what will you do?

You can't predict how people will react. You usually discover that you didn't really know people you tell things like thi to as well as you thought you did. You often lose people you thought you'd keep and find your best advocates in people you never expected that reaction from. BTDT revealing I was TG, got the tee shirt and got the scars too. And TG is something a lot of people can understand but ABDL isn't.

There's nothing stopping you from wearing silently- that's what I do and it's worked fine so far. Just have a response planned should questions arise. Keep the response minimal- those kinds are more easily digested and understood. Remember that you really don't 'owe' anyone an answer; it's your life and not theirs. But most of all be ready to become the 'talk of the town' for a secret once revealed is a secret no more. Things can indeed go that badly and most people will follow with whatever the popular trend is- few are strong enough to defend the unpopular viewpoint for that marks them as being 'odd' too.

Part of my wearing is for need and part is for want. I'm not going to disclose the want should the need to explain arise. And discussing the need is my choice- that only goes as far as I wan it to which will be based on who has asked about it.How you decide to handle it is up to you, but remember that along with that comes the acceptance of whatever happens afterward as being of your own doing- no whining if things go badly.

And not saying anything usually results in not being asked about it; most folks will presume incontinence and understand that such things are rather personal and private in nature. So if later on you decide to now wear anymore you quietly do that with no questions then either. Though I will never stop wearing I like having that possibility available to me. Time has taught me that I can do things I never expected I would do and that keeping as many options open to you as you can is the best approach to anything.

Your choice. Tell and have some kind of consequences or remain silent with the likelihood of no consequences.

Bettypoh

8 hours ago, diaperedandspanked said:

Agree 100%, Wear the diaper until someone notices...then explain your needs. Your choice of underwear really isn't something you need to share ahead of time.

Nobody will ever notice. I have been incontinent and dependant on nappies for over three years and I used to be paranoid about being seen in a nappy now I only think about it when coming on sites like this. If anyone has noticed in the last three years then no one has ever said anything to me. I went shopping this morning in a tena super slip and plastic pants and was quite wet by the time I got home.I never even gave it a thought until I changed.

I'll keep this short and direct:

THINK THIS THROUGH.

Are your friends telling you about their own weird kinks, fetish ideas, odd lifestyle choices?
Are you really wanting to be KNOWN FOR DIAPERS?
What do you hope to achieve? (no one really notices normal diapers anyhow, as you've noticed at work)...
Maybe it's not what you want ()you know, one of those things where the fantasy is better than the reality (this, I strongly suspect)).