LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Why do every ABDL diapers have plastic cover? Why dont they make breathable adult baby diapers too?

Chris24

I imagine the cloth-like exterior on some diapers can be very useful in some situations. If you are going out into hot or humid weather, they could be much more comfortable than plastic backed. They are also useful under tight clothing.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Dunham said:

Be cuz in the olden days they had that plastic back to hold bad mess and the crinkly the better they were and you had diaper on people new it. Breathable don't have the capability to hold diarrhea or enema that's why they invented the plastic back diaper in the 60's & 70's If you wanted breathable diapers you just use cloth and plastic pants. Besides that they make breathable adult diapers now a days and they're not popular in the abdl population. When I wear a diaper I love that crinkly sound. The fuller it gets the louder it gets!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I love nice thick and noisy nappies too.

18-24 year olds are the first generation where cloth backed disposables would be in the market (1990's if I recall right).

Luckily, institutional diapers remain plastic - not to mention cheaper to make, so I suspect we don't have much to worry about.

God I feel old. I'm not even 30. Ugh.

That is true, I was a cloth backed baby. But I still prefer plastic, they are just more functional. Odor control, strength, leak prevention all are so much better.

The cloth-covered plastic on baby/youth diapers makes sense. It's quieter, it allows for velcro/refastenable tabs, and it generally keeps toddlers who already move a lot from potentially moving in a way where their cloths tear the plastic. (It also allows manufacturers to fit more diapers into a package instead of paying to ship air.) The big difference is that cloth-covered baby diapers have plastic underneath them in a way that's actually useful. Adult "cloth-like" diapers either have nothing between the absorbent core and the cloth-like cover, or only cover a small fraction of what an adult actually drenches, making them completely useless. Until manufacturers fix this, adult cloth-like diapers are going to continue to be terrible when it comes to functionality. The "fix" involves using more material than manufacturers are likely willing to spend, and passing along the cost of those materials to customers who likely aren't willing to pay it. You could actually make an argument for plastic backed baby/youth diapers being useful in some situations too, but nobody is willing to try it since it would likely be considered "too loud" and require too much material for too few pieces per package.