LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Why do every ABDL diapers have plastic cover? Why dont they make breathable adult baby diapers too?

Chris24

It's generation. Lot of us grew up with plastic diapers so we prefer them but someday in the future there will be cloth like AB/DL diapers because the new AB/DL generation would have grown up with it.

Use plenty of baby powder and plastic backed disposables won't chafe your legs. I wear disposable plastic backed diapers 24/7 for as long as I was alive and never had an issue, even playing ice hockey and inline skating.

For me it depends on what I'm doing. Noisy plastic backed is best when I'm on my own (or with someone who is ok with the crinkle), but the quiet fabric backed is best for going out and about in. That way I'm not intruding on others with any noise, which is important to me.

21 hours ago, AbriForm said:

18-24 year olds are the first generation where cloth backed disposables would be in the market (1990's if I recall right).

Luckily, institutional diapers remain plastic - not to mention cheaper to make, so I suspect we don't have much to worry about.

God I feel old. I'm not even 30. Ugh.

Don't worry that just the first of many times that you will feel old

I'm pretty sure that plastic backed diapers aren't going anywhere.

My experience with breathable diapers has always been bad, even though I'm part of that youngest generation, I have no desire to use them. The Abri-Form AirPlus was the first breathable diaper I tried... It was

Me i first tried the Walgreen brand which has a cloth outer cover, I just recently purchased my first pack of bambino Bianco's. And it has a plastic outer shell, I am actually sweating less in the Bianco than I did the Walgreens brand.

• 2 weeks later...

I hate the cloth like ones myself, but I believe the cloth like Cushies by ABU are the only cloth like adult baby diaper currently available

I think most ab/dl's prefer the plastic covered diapers

I hate cloth like the nappies I get now have plastic backing down the middle with cloth like side panels I have lost weight recently but I'm not switching down a size because now the tapes actually hit the plastic part and stay stuck and I don't end up with a droopy nappy (till it gets wet that is)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm pretty sure I mentioned this in another thread here, but breathable baby diapers and breathable adult diapers are manufactured differently. Breathable baby diapers work because they have a plastic backsheet under the cloth-like cover. Breathable adult diapers, (at least every one that I've come across) lacks the plastic backsheet making them utterly useless unless you're just wearing them without intending to use them, (which to be fair, some AB/DLs do,) and that makes them utterly undesirable to the vast majority of AB/DLs. I think you'd probably see a mix of plastic and cloth-like cover fans in the AB/DL community if the cloth-like covered adult products were remotely useful for the members of this community. As much as I like cloth-like baby diapers, I hate cloth-like adult diapers because they're just designed terribly. I'd probably have a different opinion of them if they were just like larger versions of cloth-like baby diapers. Anything larger than GoodNites tends to be built terribly if it has a cloth-like backing though.

For me the most important thing is they take a lot of urine before they start to leak. I wear plastic or nylon inco pants over my nappies anyway so if the crinkle it doesn't matter my pants usually do anyway.

On 5/4/2016 at 7:52 PM, Dirty Diaper/Maxipad Lover said:

I'm pretty sure I mentioned this in another thread here, but breathable baby diapers and breathable adult diapers are manufactured differently. Breathable baby diapers work because they have a plastic backsheet under the cloth-like cover. Breathable adult diapers, (at least every one that I've come across) lacks the plastic backsheet making them utterly useless unless you're just wearing them without intending to use them, (which to be fair, some AB/DLs do,) and that makes them utterly undesirable to the vast majority of AB/DLs. I think you'd probably see a mix of plastic and cloth-like cover fans in the AB/DL community if the cloth-like covered adult products were remotely useful for the members of this community. As much as I like cloth-like baby diapers, I hate cloth-like adult diapers because they're just designed terribly. I'd probably have a different opinion of them if they were just like larger versions of cloth-like baby diapers. Anything larger than GoodNites tends to be built terribly if it has a cloth-like backing though.

I too have had trouble with leaky breathable adult diapers but figured that the problem was that the plastic backsheet is not wide enough. I just pulled apart a generic adult cloth like disposable. It did have a plastic backsheet inside the outer cloth sheet BUT it only covered the center of the diaper going about a inch wider than the padding. This is a problem since any moisture that doesn't stay in the padded area as when you sleep on your side will leak. The better cloth backed disposables will have a wider plastic backsheet meaning less chance for leaking. (My solution is to wear a thin cloth pullup diaper and plastic pants over them. No leaks for me.

On ?04?/?05?/?2016 at 8:34 PM, stevewet said:

For me the most important thing is they take a lot of urine before they start to leak. I wear plastic or nylon inco pants over my nappies anyway so if the crinkle it doesn't matter my pants usually do anyway.

I'll have to dissect another breathable adult diaper when I get my hands on one DenvrDiaper. The first few that I pulled apart just had no noticeable backsheet. With breathable baby diapers, it's a whole "shell" that covers any area that has padding over it, not just the center, but front to back and edge to edge save for the sides where there's nothing for it to be the back of. That design can work, but just a little plastic over one part isn't going to cut it, which seems to be what most breathable adult diapers are doing.

For AB/DL diapers, it would actually be interesting to see someone take the 90's route of putting cloth-like backing over a purely plastic diaper. It would probably cost a fortune, but it would give you the best of both designs without the worry about leaks. I have to agree with diapercal though, having to wear plastic pants over a cloth-like diaper seems kind of self-defeating. For someone into plastic pants this could be great, but for someone who just wants a functional diaper, it seems kind of backwards.