LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Do sleep aids help?

Really really not recommended!

first of all, it doesn't work this way. you'd still would wake up if the pressure were too much. unless you OD on the stuff... but then you'd be having other issues of a much less pleasant nature.

secondary: sleeping pills can be highly addictive... they also mess with your natural sleeping patterns etc.

3 minutes ago, delta1 said:

Really really not recommended!

first of all, it doesn't work this way. you'd still would wake up if the pressure were too much. unless you OD on the stuff... but then you'd be having other issues of a much less pleasant nature.

secondary: sleeping pills can be highly addictive... they also mess with your natural sleeping patterns etc.

My wife suffers from severe arthritic pain and sometimes takes very strong pain relief which sends her in to a deep sleep and sometimes wets the bed because her bladder doesn't wake her.

1 hour ago, stevewet said:

My wife suffers from severe arthritic pain and sometimes takes very strong pain relief which sends her in to a deep sleep and sometimes wets the bed because her bladder doesn't wake her.

10 minutes ago, delta1 said:

To the OP: PLEASE DO NOT DO DRUGS to achieve bedwetting!!! think this thorough... taking prescription grade meds like opioids and anti-seizure meds for such a "goal" would be potentially really really bad.
These drugs can have a ton of side effects and depending on your predisposition towards addiction are HIGHLY ADDICTIVE (to be specific morphine is often found to be more addictive than heroine... just saying).
And some of the side effects are potentially lethal (especially if you OD on the stuff).

In short: really not worth it.

ZzzQuil and similar products contain diphenhydramine, which has strong anticholinergic effects, one of which is urinary retention. This is a subject that periodically comes up here, so some research will give you relevant posts. In short, there is no "magic pill" that will make you wet the bet with any reasonable level of safety. Many psychiatric and neurological medications can cause bedwetting as a side-effect, but they are too dangerous to take specifically to that end.

• 4 weeks later...
On 18/03/2016 at 3:19 PM, agapoulo said:

ZzzQuil and similar products contain diphenhydramine, which has strong anticholinergic effects, one of which is urinary retention. This is a subject that periodically comes up here, so some research will give you relevant posts. In short, there is no "magic pill" that will make you wet the bet with any reasonable level of safety. Many psychiatric and neurological medications can cause bedwetting as a side-effect, but they are too dangerous to take specifically to that end.

My Dad spent some time in a Psychiatric hospital and several of the patients in his dorm regularly wet the bed due to the medication they were on.

• 2 weeks later...
On ?2016?-?04?-?13 at 10:58 AM, stevewet said:

My Dad spent some time in a Psychiatric hospital and several of the patients in his dorm regularly wet the bed due to the medication they were on.

That's an interesting point. I wonder though if the drugs themselves contribute to bedwetting or if it's the side effects that do? I take an antipsychotic medication that causes me to sleep really soundly. If I go to bed at 11 in the evening I never wake up until 8 in the morning whether I'm wet or dry, unless of course I use an alarm clock to wake up earlier.

On March 18, 2016 at 5:23 AM, delta1 said:

Delta 1:

I know you think you know EVERYTHING about medical conditions but I think you should have stayed the extra 4-6

I think the only 'absolute' here is to not use un-prescribed Meds just to become a bedwetter (or for any other non-indicated reasons). The best approach is to break down the subconscious barrier you've learned and create a newer better habit instead ;) It will be neither easy or fast, but this is best because you're changing the thing which controls bladder function so it has no choice but to comply, and it has absolutely no other effects going along with it. Well maybe it will make you're mind stronger but that's a good thing B)

Bettypooh

On 4/30/2016 at 4:04 AM, Pads n Pullups said:

Delta 1:

I know you think you know EVERYTHING about medical conditions but I think you should have stayed the extra 4-6

On 23/04/2016 at 3:54 AM, rubbersheetmike said:

That's an interesting point. I wonder though if the drugs themselves contribute to bedwetting or if it's the side effects that do? I take an antipsychotic medication that causes me to sleep really soundly. If I go to bed at 11 in the evening I never wake up until 8 in the morning whether I'm wet or dry, unless of course I use an alarm clock to wake up earlier.

I have also read that disruptive prisoners are given a "Chemical Cosh" and this often leads to bedwetting. I was reading where a prisoner had to share his cell with another inmate who took anti Psychotic drugs and he wet his bed most nights.

• 2 weeks later...
On Saturday, April 23, 2016 at 2:54 AM, rubbersheetmike said:

That's an interesting point. I wonder though if the drugs themselves contribute to bedwetting or if it's the side effects that do?

The medications we are talking about here can contribute to bedwetting in various ways. For instance, lithium carbonate is used for manic-depressive disorders, and has diuretic effects that can contribute to bedwetting -- moreso when coupled with other sedative medications.

Antipsychotics can induce both enuresis/incontinence and urinary retention depending on specific chemical class, dosage, other medications taken, and so on. There are many studies about that and only theories as to the exact mechanisms. The apparently simple act of peeing is actually very complex, requires multiple systems to act in a coordinated fashion. The medications themselves have powerful and varied effects on multiple systems. In short, it's pretty complicated. I suggest you start with this http://bjp.rcpsych.org/content/200/1/7.long

Actually as far as meds that can cause IC you are far more likely to trigger IC with Tamulosin in both its regular strenth and in overdose than with any benzo's, Tamulosin specifically relaxes the bladder neck and such however at its regular prescription strength many people develope Ortho static hypotension and discontinue use due to it,let alone exceeding that dose,you will guaranteed wet yourself if you can not stand up in order to stagger to the bathroom, a wet bed or diaper is the only outcome .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't recommend that anybody take any of these drugs unless they have to do so and are prescribed them under medical care. I had a brain injury/ilness several years ago and have had recurrent problems since. I wish I could go off all related drugs but apparently that's not considered a good option.

Rubber is right in that no medication OTC or prescription are really choice for causing any kind of bedwetting or IC, because of the known and unknown effects they may have on a person, more and more evidence is showing that your genes more or less influence the way an individual reacts when exposed to a given medication, a perfect example would be me I take antiseizure , opiates, heart meds and several others ,don't put me anywhere near a statin for cholesterol because it could end my life very quickly , and these kind of reactions happen all the time to people, taking an unknown medication can have unusual effects on people, if you enjoy diapers that's cool want to wet them unknowingly play with catheters they are allot safer than drugs, because they are nothing more complicated than a rubber or plastic tube with holes, drugs act systemically rather than localized like a catheter, even with catheters though you have to be clean about it , otherwise it is a bacteria super highway into your body, if you don't know what your doing ask people who do to help guide you, all things have pitfalls minimizing your risk is key, and enjoying yourself is a lot more fun when risks are minimalized.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk