LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Diapering: laying down vs standing up

Diapering: laying down vs standing  

127 members have voted

1. 1. Diapering: laying down vs standing

• Laying down
    • Standing
    • other

so far, I prefer laying down, I feel I can get a tighter pull on the tabs that way, but when I stand up I make any final adjustments if needed. ( like if needing to pull it up closer to waist )

On 5/28/2016 at 10:16 AM, BabyJune said:

I wear cloth diapers, so standing up is not an option.

.....I wear cloth diapers and I diaper myself always standing up. Since all my diapers are medium prefolds(except for about 5 contours)and they are all the same dimension, I know exactly where to pin them & where to put the pins, SO here's what I do. I "prepin" the right side with the diaper laying on the bed, then put my right leg through that newly created right leg opening just like I would a pair of regular underwear, then bring the left rear corner up to the left front corner, lap the left rear corner over the left front corner & pin. IMHO I get a better & tighter fit because I pulling the diaper to pin & my weight(my butt)is not on the diaper to keep it from being pulled tighter. That's how I do it and it really works well for me this way. Everyone's different. Your results may vary.

• Like 1

I prefer diapering myself while lying down, but it's just difficult to find the time and space for that, so 90% of the time, I do it standing up. In our previous house, we had a big bathmat next to the tub that I used to lie down on, but in the new house, the toilet is next to the tub, and won't lie down at the foot of the toilet. I've been wearing diapers in front of my wife for two years, but for some reason, I'm still shy about changing them - I always go into the bathroom to do it. I'd love to do it in my bed, but that would be making a show of it. 

I haven't been diapered by someone else as an adult, but if I ever get to experience that, I imagine that it would be while lying down. When I was diapered as a kid, it was predominantly done while lying down when I was younger, and then nearly always while standing up, as I got older. 

10 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

I've been wearing diapers in front of my wife for two years, but for some reason, I'm still shy about changing them.

I haven't been diapered by someone else as an adult, but if I ever get to experience that, I imagine that it would be while lying down.  

...LOL, yeah, my wife knows the signal that when I shut our bedroom door, it means to her do not come in, I'm changing, LOL.

...I have a pro-mommy dommy that I've seen 8 times in the last year. Even though I am 95% DL, when I go to her place she dresses & diapers me as she sees fit. I'm kinda like her "real live baby doll"!!! She's a genuine DL too and the night before our first session she e-mailed me and asked "Is it OK if I wear diapers too?" I'm like OMG, OMFG!!!! You can absofuk'inlutely wear diapers with me and now we do every session. What a wonderful, wonderful thing to be in diapers with a beautiful woman wearing them too!!!!!!!!!! Just the ultimate dream come true!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm like in a dream every time I see her!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

It depends on the diaper. If I'm using a paper diaper I change standing up (if my knee isn't giving me fits). I also use flat cloth diapers that are layered for fit and comfort that can only be Pinned On properly when I'm Laying Down.

On the up side the cloth diapers never leak (even though they're a bit more trouble use on a regular basis).

• Thanks 1

Earlier I posted laying down but do to an agreement with my wife she has been diapering me laying down also. Yesterday I was diapering myself and must be out of practice because I ended up standing to get it on right. I hate having to depend on someone else diapering me but if I have to stand up that's fine too.

I start out changing while lying down, and if messy, I transition to standing up to finish a thorough cleansing, then back to lying down for the fresh, clean diaper.  While at the gym there are three private stalls where I diaper standing up.

• Like 1

I prefer laying down.  This is because I am able to lift my legs all the way up and roll back, which allows me to put the diaper on very easily.  This is because I am able to put the diaper UNDER me, pull it UP and hold it, then pull the back up, so it fits well.

Sometimes, it can be a pain to get it right, and sometimes, it is looser than i want, but it is easier than trying to stand and hold onto the rails in the bathroom :)

Brian

• Like 1

Like any Little, laid down

• Like 1

This depends on what I am putting on. Disposables I put on standing up, dont know why, but they fit betterfor some silly reason. Pinning on a cloth prefold, I lay down, I guess you need the position tobe able to have time to pull things tight and pin in place...I have tried both with cloth, but laying down works better..*shrug* .. Just the way it it it seems...

• Like 1

Laying down works best for me because of my physical disabilities but I have a way of doing it in a bathroom IF I have to change while out and about- I put the diaper on while sitting down, then pull it up like pants- readjust as needed- I tried to change not long ago standing and I could not get it right at ALL and wasted a diaper in the process and I HATE wasting diapers. 

Laying down in my bed is easier for me- and that works best for when my girlfriend has to change me as well. 

BabyChris