LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Anti-trans "bathroom bills" and diaper usage

crys_138

I had a minor situation earlier today. I didn't wear while out, because I try to keep the ABDL stuff low-key with the friend I was out with. It started normal, went to the movies, drank a huge drink at the theater. Afterward, though, we went out to a grocery store in her hometown (out in the "country") and I had to go. But I was having anxieties about going to the women's room. I didn't have these anxieties before all the stuff about the recent uptick in anti-trans laws being proposed, especially those looking to regulate our restroom usage. Needless to say, I had to cut the shopping trip

At the University of Cape Town, there is a gender-neutral bathroom which anyone can use regardless of how they identify.

I realised in 2005 when I saw a bunch of Oprah shows, that what had been happening to me since 1985 was completely normal, and that if I think of myself as feminine there is no issue with it. Not so much the attitude from others though - the church I was at kicked me out of the Lifegroup (the one I am involved with now have totally embraced me and thanked me for being vulnerable).

The trans hate is ridiculous!! It all stems out of the fact that it's not popularised in media. People are scared of what they don't know, or know about. Out of that stems the only reaction they know - hate. It's ridiculous. There are anti-discrimination laws here in South Africa --- but then again, I haven't been brave enough to flaunt diapers in public...

First, why not just use the handicapped toilet if its that much of an issue? Second, I've always thought of WC's as split by sex and not gender - i.e. use whatever one you currently have the genitals appropriate to - or look the most like. Be pragmatic about it: if a "normal" person looks at your face and clothes, do they think "man" (maybe in drag) or "woman"?

There are laws being enacted both ways so it probably won't be long before we see a SCOTUS ruling or at least their refusal to change an appealed case leaving it intact. The Federal climate has been more against discrimination than ever before but that kind of ruling can go either way. The rule I always used was to go to the restroom which my appearance indicated. If everyone was calling me "Sir" I used the Men's room. If everyone was calling me "Ma'am" I sued the ladies room. If possible I chose to use single-stall restrooms and ones where no children were present.

But Dubious is right- this shouldn't be a problem though it is. People in the US seem to imbue something sexual into what is simply a bodily function. It goes beyond silly and into being stupid. And that is the biggest shame of all.

Bettypooh

18 hours ago, Zander said:

First, why not just use the handicapped toilet if its that much of an issue? Second, I've always thought of WC's as split by sex and not gender - i.e. use whatever one you currently have the genitals appropriate to - or look the most like. Be pragmatic about it: if a "normal" person looks at your face and clothes, do they think "man" (maybe in drag) or "woman"?

• Like 2
1 hour ago, ForbiddenFruit said:

Hi, we regularly get assaulted in either bathroom. Please, please realize that trans people know infinitely more about our lived experiences and our statistics than you currently do before you run your mouth for two paragraphs with naive

A MTF is generally less safe in a Men's room because men tend to act physically on their thoughts, while women are more prone to be verbal in expression. Each takes a different approach.

For those of us who've had experience with both rooms, there is also a far different pattern of usage. One of the best ways a MTF can learn the ropes is to go in with a "GG" friend after a bit of tutoring ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I am MTF and have been living full-time as myself since last June; part-time from the previous January. Right from the start, whenever I was dressed as myself, I used the ladies room. To use the men's room would be crazy. Dangerous but also I AM a woman. I don't really worry how other women act - as far as I can tell, they walk in, go into a stall and shut the door, come back out, wash their hands (usually) and leave. So what's the big deal? I don't expose myself to anyone and they'd have to be looking over or under the stall to see anything and in that case THEY are PERVERTS and ought to be arrested. Cis-gender women friends use the rest room when I'm in there and have no problem with that.

All that said, these bathroom bills are scary. To my knowledge, the closest to enacted has been the one in South Dakota where the governor just vetoed it (whew!!) But really, how would they be enforced? Will they station someone outside to check everyone's genitals? I may not be a beautiful woman but I'm a woman - are men going to want me in the men's room? And are women going to want trans-men in the ladies room? Sure, someone will harass anyone they think doesn't fit, but already there was a cis-woman kicked out of a ladies room...and she's pissed! I think there may be a law suit going on that one.

• Like 1

I tend to try and go to the restroom with a friend, if I'm out presenting as my true self (female)... using the men's room doesn't feel right, and it's dangerous.

• Like 1

Hey PT

Can we get a linky to the story about the Cis-woman kicked out of the ladies room?

While I'm reasonably hetero- and cis- (but possibly a bit TV), I certainly have noticed a certain emotional tie-up associated with the wrong gender in the bathrooms...as evidenced when women clean the men's rooms and vice versa.

They all check for whether anyone is in the bathroom before coming in and cleaning......

Silly Dilly

On 2/23/2016 at 2:48 AM, Dubious said:

Why even have separate toilets..

I just don't see the point

I agree. Every time I hear a politician not very open to the idea of trans people in bathrooms, they always think it is going to be some guy dressing up as a woman to get a peek at the ladies in the female restroom.

I was in the hospital this Saturday and there was a notice on their noticeboard saying they were doing their best to change the current unisex bathrooms into a set of bathrooms for men and a separate set for women, they also are going to have male only and female on wards.

The NHS is stretched to the very limit at the moment, it boggles my mind that they are spending their meager budgets on separating people by gender rather than bigger more important things like actual healthcare.

On 2/23/2016 at 2:48 AM, Dubious said:

Why even have separate toilets..

I just don't see the point

From a philosophical perspective, separate restrooms maintains the separation between sexes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How are these bathroom bills going to affect those who don't feel the need to emphasize the fact that they're a specific sex, whether it be their born sex or the one they know they should have been?

To some extent I fall under this category. My physical sex is male and is just fine that way; I use the men's room and consequently these laws wouldn't affect me. If I'm attracted to something on its own merits, but that's typically associated with or only marketed to the female sex but has no good reason to be, such as patterns or materials in fashion, I'm not going to let having certain private parts get in the way of enjoying it. I just don't need any false accusations from stupid people, is all. A trans individual who doesn't feel the need to overtly emphasize "looking or acting like" (whatever that means) the other sex would be in a worse situation.

On 2/23/2016 at 8:07 PM, crys_138 said:

I had a minor situation earlier today. I didn't wear while out, because I try to keep the ABDL stuff low-key with the friend I was out with. It started normal, went to the movies, drank a huge drink at the theater. Afterward, though, we went out to a grocery store in her hometown (out in the "country") and I had to go. But I was having anxieties about going to the women's room. I didn't have these anxieties before all the stuff about the recent uptick in anti-trans laws being proposed, especially those looking to regulate our restroom usage. Needless to say, I had to cut the shopping trip