LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Pubic Hair Removal

I keep my pubic area clean of hair by shaving. I don't miss the hair at all and there are some positive effects keeping it clean. Pubic hair tends to absorb urine so it tends to hold odors more than bare skin. Lotion and rash cream glides on easier without hair and just washing that area is easier. My issue is that shaving has it's drawbacks like uncomfortable stubble, blades are expensive, nicks and it has to be done almost every day. I'm thinking about giving up shaving. If I had the income I'd get all of it removed permanently but being transgender I'm well acquainted with the cost of that so it's off the table. That leaves waxing as the only reasonable alternative that I'm aware of. If there are any options I haven't mentioned I'd love to know what they are. If anyone uses waxing to keep the pubic area clean I'd appreciate any tips or information that would be helpful.

Hugs & thanks,

Freta

• Like 1
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I find shaving makes clean up so much easier and noticeably reduces odor after clean up.  I use a small Braun battery powered shaver and every day or two and it keeps everything nice and smooth.

I'm still shaving but I've noticed that it has become much easier and less time consuming. I seem to be able to get a smoother shave now with less stubble. I think shaving with a blade regularly must soften the hair and allow the blade to cut it easier. Anyway it's much better for my skin and helps with odor control.

Hugs,

Freta

• 7 months later...

Removing hair permanently is a tricky business.... and if it is done wrong, ingrowing hair / rashes etc is the result. The methods that exist are

Shaving - Cutting off the hair at skin level. - No ingrowing hairs, but stubble due to the sharp cut of the hair. Hair will always regrow.

Creme - Burning the hair just below the skin. - Due to the chemical nature of this, there is no sharp cut of the hair = no stubble. However, the chemical has to be strong enough to burn the hair, but weak enough not to burn the skin.

Waxing - Pulling out the hair - If the root is pulled, the hair is removed permanently. However, it is more likely that the hair will break between the skin layer and the root. Ingrowing hair can occur, but is less likely due to the way the hair is broken. Waxing will eventually get all the roots, but since each waxing can only get about 20% of the roots, it is a case of years of waxing.

Electrolisis - Killing the roots and pulling out the hair. This is a slow process as a needle is entered into each folicle to kill the root. Some roots will die on the first shock, others need multiple. Operators usually work on the easier to see thick hairs first. Every folicle can produce a thick hair during one of its growth cycles, so with this type of removal, the skill of the operator becomes critical - did the needle get deep enough to actually kill the folicle, or is the hair broke between the folicle and the skin = ingrowing hair.

Laser - Killing the roots and pulling out the hair. As with electrollis, this is a permanent step. A laser penetrates the skin and due to optics, the laser heat will be absorbed more quickly by darker colours as opposed to lighter colours. The darker your hair is compared to your skin colour, the more effective laser light will be in killing the hair root. However, due to the cost of laser heads, some operators turn the intensity of the light down to the minimum in an effort to prolong the life of the head. As a result, the light does not kill the root and the hair will regrow. In extreme cases, the hair breaks between the root and the skin, which results in ingrowing hair.