LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

OAB Pain

All I can say about catheters is in for a penny in for a pound, catheters are expensive,make scar tissue in your urethra and penis that eventually they will need to do surgery for. They will shrink you bladder so if you are Incontinent after using catheters your bladder will eventually only hold about 50 cc's max before you void,so after using catheters long term you will have smaller more frequent voids ( as in almost continuous little leak) my suggestion after almost ten years of cathing avoid them as much as possable, for as long as possable, they insure your bladder keeps low volume and low pressure but are a real day killer.

For occasional flare ups, and use they are great, if you want to try them, to see if they help, send me a pm and I can send you some I use 14 fr Coloplast hydrophilic coated (no lube needed) Coude ( coude is the more tapered "pointy" rouneed head for getting past an enlarged prostate)

1 hour ago, Amyuser said:

For occasional flare ups, and use they are great, if you want to try them, to see if they help, send me a pm and I can send you some I use 14 fr Coloplast hydrophilic coated (no lube needed) Coude ( coude is the more tapered "pointy" rouneed head for getting past an enlarged prostate)

I have an overactive bladder and very frequent, high volume urge incontinence. But I rarely experience any real pain. When an urge hits, I need to go immediately. If I can't make it to the toilet in a couple of minutes, I start leaking urine. But the only time I experience pain is if I try to "hold on" for a prolonged period instead of going ahead and using the diaper.

umm... "pain is all in your head"...but not in the way you thought I meant it when you first read it.

You have a chronic pain problem, lots has been learned in the past decade, and Lorimer Moseley is the guy whose work you want to know.

4 hours ago, Dill_Pickle said:

umm... "pain is all in your head"...but not in the way you thought I meant it when you first read it.

You have a chronic pain problem, lots has been learned in the past decade, and Lorimer Moseley is the guy whose work you want to know.

benzos are something for *Occasional* use...i.e. flareup days only.

As to the cath, you *can* definitely hurt or irriatate or infect yourself, and you want to only do it when you *have* to...i.e. if you are spazzed out.

Although I had "officially" been toilet trained day and night by age 33 months, my bladder was tiny. Today we would also say I suffered over-active bladder (OAB) but that term was not used until I was an adult.

My Granny Vi, my mom and my older sister all knew the pain of fighting to retain control when OAB kicked-in. That was the reason Granny offered her daughters "Just-in-Case" diapers. Mom did the same for all of her daughters. On car trips longer than an hour mom would nicely diaper us. Then when one of us said the pain was building, if we were not within a couple of minutes of a scheduled potty stop, mom would encourage us to simply wet our diaper.

Both my oab and ibs became unbearable about 4 years ago and I decided to wear and use diapers 24/7. Well after sometime of not holding back, the bladder and bowel pain stopped and I feel so much better. My question is if doing this improved my health, should I keep doing what I am doing? More benefits that cons? What would a doctor think about this?

16 hours ago, Diaper Ninja said:

Both my oab and ibs became unbearable about 4 years ago and I decided to wear and use diapers 24/7. Well after sometime of not holding back, the bladder and bowel pain stopped and I feel so much better. My question is if doing this improved my health, should I keep doing what I am doing? More benefits that cons? What would a doctor think about this?

I agree with Bettypooh.

While this isn't the forum for discussing a like of wearing diapers there is no reason you can't wear without need if that's what you want to do. I truly need diapers about 25% of the time where I absolutely cannot hold it; I could really go without a lot of days if I tried to. I can't always tell when I'm going to have a problem

On 1/16/2016 at 3:59 PM, Diaper Ninja said:

You aren't the first person to report that result...letting your body get rid of whatever bothers it does seem to improve the health.

• 5 weeks later...