LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Different degrees of incontinence

There are different types of incontinence, varying from few drops, to constant dribbling. Small urges to complete emptying, and many more.

Ex: 5% some drops after urinating,

I don't think there's a "scale" or medically-used standard, but they often use terms which will be understood (light or heavy, occasional or frequent, etc). With everyone's bladder capacity being different, and with everyone's "norm" of voiding frequency being different it would be tough to assign set parameters which would paint a true picture. With a single patient they may assign percentages based on you alone to try to help assess improvements. And a scale is sometimes used when you're questioned about how you perceive the severity, such as is commonly done with pain levels. It's still an inexact science.

Bettypooh

My doctor asked me how bad it was in a scale from 1 to 10. I answered 1 in some periods, and 10 when my pants and shoes are wet.

I filled in an I-PSS form together with my doctor and got 22 of 35 points. I assume 35 is impossible.

At the "quality of life" score, my doctor gave me 6 (worst), but I disagreed as some periods a just OK, and he only reduced it to 5.

Yes, an unpredictable urge from drops to full emptying. Wonder why my doctor filled in the I-PSS form for prostate, when my problem is urge.

I have had some issues with the uridom and prefer diapers instead. I read that 4-5% of the population are using some kind of protection.

I have sudden urge to go with no warning after setting for a while and have rush to find a bathroom or i start dripping

Is this incontinence??

Dont think you can scale it.

Everyones will be diffrent and unique to them.

2 hours ago, anned said:

I have sudden urge to go with no warning after setting for a while and have rush to find a bathroom or i start dripping

Is this incontinence??

Yes.

Let's throw another fly into the ointment of trying to define "incontinence" in the first place:

What about "functional incontinence", where you know you have to go, but simply can't reach a bathroom in time, maybe because you the bathroom is too far a way or you don't move very quickly anymore?

There are, as noted, various fairly well accepted adjectives to narrow down just what is meant by "incontinence"...such as urge incontinence or overflow incontinence.