LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

First cloth diapers

49 minutes ago, oleman72 said:

Be sure to wash all of your cloth diapers and boosters to remove

the oils and other stuff inherent in the cotton material. That will

help with absorbency.

and do NOT use fabric softener! it will cause repelling which is the opposite of what cloth diapers are supposed to do. also i wouldn't over-estimate the thickness needed for all day (i.e. 8 hours) wear. i usually get away with 2 day weight prefolds that last me 6 hours and are only half used while pushing fluids. i change then to avoid any unpleasantness like rashes or wet diaper smell.

yes as they're the same thing. you'll need to wash them a few times just to be safe and have fun, lol

Cloth diapers need to be washed and RINSED very well or they will not absorb well. When that happens, they need to be "stripped." Rinsed in very hot water until there is no soap residue. Never use fabric softener or dryer sheets on cloth diapers as it will clog the fabric. When my cloth diapers seem to lack absorption, I strip them and it fixes the problem. Also, new cloth diapers need to be washed in hot water and dried in a hot dryer--maybe a couple of times--before they are fully conditioned. I just made four new cloth diapers out of diaper flannel, and they work great.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

hi fully loaded,you must wash new diapers,like 5 or 6 time to make them soft and absorbant to their capacity.then you can add doublers till you get no leaks for comfort.

Cloth diapers will feel wet they are not like disposables which feel dry, you need to wetbyour cloth diapers until they start leaking , then you will know how much they hold,then as you add inserts do the same thing so you will know what to expect from any particular setup.

• 8 months later...