LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Adult-Diaper "Prepper" and/or "Bugout" concerns?

I would assume if diapers are necessary I would look into cloth diapers and a pair of plastic pants. They seem like 4 or 5 would be easy to manage to carry around, and when you camp could be washed and dried while you sleep. The ability to find them would likely be simple as any craft store would have the needed materials on hand. My thoughts on this.

In a situation such as what you describe I think I would logically have a list of priorities. Since my survival wouldn't depend on diapers they would not even be a priority I expect. I have an overactive bladder and urge incontinence so in a worst case scenario I would probably wear a skirt and go commando underneath. I'd be much like an animal and just stand where I am when the urge hits with my feet spread wide apart ang just let nature take its course. Quite a picture that is isn't it.

Hugs,

Freta

• Like 1

Diapers are necessary for me, and I do have a supply of cloth diapers. I normally keep a months supply of disposable diapers as well in case our services are only interrupted (which is more likely than a GOOD situation).

I do have cloth diapers, but I don't have the financial means to prepare for a real, "end of the world" sort of situation. I suspect if that were to happen, disabled people like me would be the first to go anyway.

if it's a "road warrior" type of scenerio i'll do just fine, stock up on ammo, and just shoot people for what i need. at that point, it will be an "everyone for themselves" situation, and the only rule will be kill or be killed. gas is only good for 90 days, better have a bicycle. as far as diapers go, i would use them for wiping down my gun, and starting camp fires. i know it sounds gloomy and dark, but this is doomsday, not a trip to disnyland.

Diapers would be out for sure. We will be building a more survivable home soon, and looking for remote land as well, for retirement if nothing else. But we have a remote Utah bug out location planned as well. Doomsday stuff is certainly low odds, but it does not hurt to have a plan and some resources in place. Think weapons, ammo, food and water, shelter, and possible separation from population centers. Your family will be more likely be able to survive.

1 hour ago, smokey said:

if it's a "road warrior" type of scenerio i'll do just fine, stock up on ammo, and just shoot people for what i need. at that point, it will be an "everyone for themselves" situation, and the only rule will be kill or be killed. gas is only good for 90 days, better have a bicycle. as far as diapers go, i would use them for wiping down my gun, and starting camp fires. i know it sounds gloomy and dark, but this is doomsday, not a trip to disnyland.

45 minutes ago, smokey said:

I don't know where you got that info, but it's false, I worked at a motorcycle repair shop, and most of what i did was clean old gas out of carbs. the customer always said, "it was running when i parked it". the truth is gas starts to go bad the day its made, you can't store it for years and years. the best thing to do if you plan on storing an engine is to run it completely dry, and spray engine fogging oil into the intake as it runs out. i'm not speaking from some tin foil hat wearing website, i'm speaking from first hand personal experience. in the case of a solar flair, you better have an old points fired engine, because a solar flair will fry your CDI box, and any other electronics.

i don't work with flying machines, so i don't read up on aircraft grade fuel, the bikes i am talking about are not ones that sat for a couple months, these ones sat for a good couple of years, or decades in some cases. and yes, they are carbed bikes, but a carb isn't like a computer, just because something else came out doesn't mean a carbed bike wont start. the shop i worked at specialized in older bikes that the dealership wont touch.

43 minutes ago, smokey said:

i don't work with flying machines, so i don't read up on aircraft grade fuel, the bikes i am talking about are not ones that sat for a couple months, these ones sat for a good couple of years, or decades in some cases. and yes, they are carbed bikes, but a carb isn't like a computer, just because something else came out doesn't mean a carbed bike wont start. the shop i worked at specialized in older bikes that the dealership wont touch.

You can get a cheap pistol crossbow at a cigar shop for $20.00 you can hunt and defend yourself with that. Keep the bike maintained, even a wally world bike is faster than walking. Find a bicycle Co-op in your area and learn everything you can learn about bike repair.

Smokey is right, today's automobile gas doesn't store well at all. Like him I too saw the same people every spring at the bike shop I worked at come in with gummed-up carbs. The smaller the engine (or carburetor) the sooner the jets and orifices will gum up and clog. Small engine shops see the same thing with yard equipment. StaBil or similar is necessary if you're not going to use the gas for more than 3-4 months. Storage doesn't matter be it plastic or metal or vehicle tank- six months is pushing it for stored gas. Rotate it out by using it in your vehicle. Don't store equipment with a full tank; rather leave it near empty. Every couple months, add 50% new (just bought) gas, shake or stir a bit, start it up and let it run or use it until the engine is fully up to normal operating temperature. Don't store the carb(s) empty- it will gum up even faster. Use the tank-stored fuel in season and let it run nearly out when time to store comes again. If you do this your chainsaw/weedeater/generator will hardly ever fail to start or get gummed up.

AvGas and racing gas will store better at about 4 times the cost but it will still go bad over a couple years time. Don't figure on driving up to an AvGas pump and filling your car- it's illegal for them to sell AvGas to be used in a motor vehicle and they won't do it. Show up with jugs and tell them you need it for private-field operations and you might get 10 gallons without raising suspicions. Similar for racing fuel, buy it in jugs. But honestly, since it's so easy to run your engines every couple months, the extra cost makes it a somewhat stupid idea- use the saved money for other things. Diesel and Kerosene have other issues to contend with; again use and rotation will solve most of that. Kero for heating tends to collect moisture; drain or siphon it off from the bottom of the undisturbed

On 12/8/2015 at 10:23 AM, FretaBWet said:

In a situation such as what you describe I think I would logically have a list of priorities. Since my survival wouldn't depend on diapers they would not even be a priority I expect. I have an overactive bladder and urge incontinence so in a worst case scenario I would probably wear a skirt and go commando underneath. I'd be much like an animal and just stand where I am when the urge hits with my feet spread wide apart ang just let nature take its course. Quite a picture that is isn't it.

Hugs,

Freta

(Indeed it's quite a picture--or why would I be here?)

I think this sort of thing is a very American thing. Or at least I have never encountered anyone who does anything like this over here, there are probably a few but not many at all.

I can understand why some people do "prep" and who knows when the survival skills you learn in "preparation" will be useful in everyday life (getting stranded somewhere or something) but I think they have been predicting the fall of civilization since civilization existed.

In other words, I'm not prepared at all and should society end then I will probably be one of the first to end with it :lol: I'm OK with that though, in a situation where the World was ending for whatever reason I probably wouldn't want to carry on anyway.