LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Daughter Came Out

I like how you try to be anonymous in your post ("let's call her "K"")... And at the same time your username is KristensMom...

Also it is a strange decision for her to tell you if she has someone fulfilling that need. I don't imagine she wants you to do anything with her ABDL side because that would be creepy (which again begs the question why she would say anything in the first place...) and if she does then that is unfair of her, and also, as I said earlier, really creepy.

In the vain hope that this isn't a troll post I would suggest to just move on and let your daughter and her girlfriend get on with it whilst and pay little heed to what she said. If she tries to do anything you don't want her to in your house then tell her no.

Also I'm moving this to the "Friends and Family" since real or not, that is where the post belongs.

Hi. I can relate sort of (with reference to attempting to answer the post "which begs the question why..."). When I was coming out as identifying transgender I would sometimes post in certain forums about it. And then someone said "we understand." In my experience (and only mine, because there may be a totally different reason in your daughter's case) it is because a person tries to come to terms with the reality themselves, and by speaking about it (so they can hear) it becomes more of a solid concept that just a thought. That has been my experience. If one can use one's senses to make something real, it becomes something which the brain can process.

• Like 1

The whole point in your daughter coming out to you is so she doesn't have to stress about hiding her love for diapers to you any more. It is extremely unlikely she wants you to participate in any way, and you likely will not even see here in a diaper or with a pacifier in her mouth during the day. You may come across a pacifier or bottle, and if you're ever in her room (I assume she is still living under your roof), then you might even find her diapers.

By telling you this now, you won't be freaked out as much later on when you do come across her things. Keep in mind it also took a lot for her to come out to you about this. Her love for diapers is so much more personal and deeply ingrained that it took her two extra years to tell you- after- she told you she was a lesbian. As a rule of thumb, being a diaper lover or an adult baby is more ingrained in who we are, and not being able to accept that literally means you can't accept your daughter for who she is- at least in part. You daughter just wants to know you still love her and can accept her- abld and all.

Really, you should think of it this way, and realize she also still trusts you with you knowing who she is. That's the whole point in her telling you, stop freaking out and instead tell your daughter you're glad to have gotten to know her a little better and that you're glad she still loves you enough to want to include you in her

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

KristensMom,

Life is difficult, trying to be accepted, to fit in, to succeed in an increasingly unfair world. We call this stress and as a baby/child they run to their career to take 'make it all better'. As one gets chronologically older, it is not proper to be seen to depend on ones parents for that type of mental support. We as parents sometimes wish that our children would never grow up, but also know that they have to in order for the species to thrive. Yes it hurts us when our child is hurt, but we need to step back for that child to learn. One of the first things we teach our children is to self soothe, but this teaching is ongoing. We, over time, teach them the values of life, so that they can make the correct decisions without our input, but with our support.

Currently, your daughter is exploring a certain side of her own nature, and seeking nurture from her partner. Her own values, which you taught her, are not to deceive you in any way, so she has decided to inform you of one of her preferences to self soothe. This is a form of ultimate respect to you, She is not looking for your participation in any way, just your support. Her 'adult ego', the same thing that told her to get back up after she fell for the umpteen time as a toddler learning to walk, would not let that happen.

ABDL's usually try to recreate the feelings and emotions one naturally gives to a baby or a child. In ones memory, it is easy to recall the 'good' times in life, and we try to relive them at times. We also try to suppress the 'bad' times in life. An ABDL is trying to recreate, via some stereotypical baby paraphernalia (diapers, binkies, blankies, plushie, sleeper etc) the same 'safe and secure' feeling one remembers from early childhood in order to make sense of the difficult world around them. An alcohol drinker tries, through inebriation, to numb themselves from the world around them. A drug user does something similar by looking for the 'high' as does a thrill seeker. With any drug based result, one will become immune to the effects, and will look for more to increase the drug level. An alcohol drinker becomes an alcoholic and will slowly destroy their liver and internal organs - a smoker will eventually die of cancer - a drug user becomes an addict and destroy their brain and internal organs - a thrill seeker will eventually kill themselves due to the high risk. An ABDL might get diaper rash.

Wetting a diaper is a highly tactile pleasure which is somewhat underrated, due to taboos on wetting yourself and acting infantile, but I believe it is quite harmless compared to drink, drugs, unprotected sex and many other things that teens get up to. AB stands for Adult Baby and DL stands for Diaper Lover. The former engages in ageplay while the latter just enjoys diapers without the ageplay, but there is some overlap. No real children are involved and ageplay often aims to recapture a carefree, less stressful time. The term ABDL did not really exist before the Internet, because the population is fairly scattered. A major site like Daily Diapers has many tens of thousands of users from all over the world, and although the gender ratio is skewed towards males, it is definately a fact of humans. Although some may soil themselves, most members find it quite gross, with the smell and cleanup, etc. Please note that "scat" - the depiction of faeces - is very strictly forbidden on this website.