LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Upcoming urodynamics study - help wanted

Hi,

I have been dealing with bladder problems for quite some time now. It all started years ago, with slight dribbling after I urinated, you know wet spots in the underwear, which started to increase in size and wetness

The Detrusol I was prescribed, did cause some sideeffects I didn't like, like dry mouth, headache, had trouble focusing, the sideeffects from that single medication made me quit it rather fast. Told my doctor about it and he agreed that since it didn't do much, and given the sideeffects, there was no reason to continue taking it. Also my wife appreciated I stopped taking it, since she could notice a change in me from the medication.

My main concern is not to say I'm ok with diapers to the urologist, but more if the test results from the urodynamics will be inconclusive and I show up as a fake.

I already have had bloodtests done, which showed no signs of any diseases....I was worrying about diabetes was the reason for this.

Advice from an old friend, but some of the best that was ever given to me: Never lie to your Doctor or Lawyer because they are on your side and without the truth, they cannot help you. You don't have to volunteer that you like diapers, that's not really relevant here, but getting the correct test results is. You cannot decide well what to do unless you know equally well what the situation is, and that is the point of the tests. The better the information you have is, the better you will be able to decide. Simple.

Bettypooh

Advice from an old friend, but some of the best that was ever given to me: Never lie to your Doctor or Lawyer because they are on your side and without the truth, they cannot help you. You don't have to volunteer that you like diapers, that's not really relevant here, but getting the correct test results is. You cannot decide well what to do unless you know equally well what the situation is, and that is the point of the tests. The better the information you have is, the better you will be able to decide. Simple.

Bettypooh

I'm aware of this, and no, I do not consider lying to my doctor. However from what I have heard about urodynamics, the tests might be so flawed, that they cannot come up with any firm conslusion on what's causing it. what's the most important for me, is to know, that nothing serious is wrong with me, that is cancer, diabetes, or something other serious decease.

Although my leaking is annoying I have learned to deal with it, and honestly, I don't see it as a big problem....don't get me wrong, I was in a pretty bad mood, when it started and the embarrassment of needing to wear protection did make me feel less of a man - there is a stigma to diapers, whether we like it or not. However my wife have been a great supporter, and although it does annoy her somewhat, mainly because my private parts aren't readily accessible as they used to - as she puts it, it's kinda turn-off for her, if she should open my diaper in order to have it her way. Besides this, she's still there for me and as said a great support.

I don't place a lot of faith in urodynamic studies myself, as it seems they are more oriented to measuring you against everyone else without understanding that everyone is considerably different here. But it is the best the medical world can do right now so you just go with it. It can help detect some serious problems even if they may not have a solution to offer for them all.

The thing to remember (and you often have to remind the doctors of this) is that it is your decision alone as to what is going to happen to you and you're body, and their role is only to inform you of what they think and to tell you what your options are, then get you the treatments you want to have done. Your body, your choice- NOT theirs.

Bettypooh

Hopefully your wife will realize that accepting wearing diapers to control an issue is not a bad choice, meds can really mess with you and surgery can make the issue worse. Some people

Edited by Rob110

WHOA here, let's not get into anyone bashing anyone else. If you disagree then do so with some respect and civility. Debate the message, not the messenger.

Us Mods here prefer to be rather lazy and to not have any work to do here, so we get rather upset when we have to act :P

Bettypooh

All I can add is that I've had WAY too many urodynamics test over the years. Yeah, they are horribly inaccurate, and do surprisingly little to indicate exactly what is going on with your bladder. My biggest advice is to make sure your doctor gets the best set of real data from that test so he/she can make a somewhat proper diagnosis. It will be extremely uncomfortable, especially when they want you to pee out the catheter. Don't stop it if it hurts, just bear with it and do what you can to finish that test.

Also make sure you tell your doctor you are actually just fine

@Bettypooh

Sorry, I didn't wanted to sound rude, but that guy was way out of line.

@babybrian

Thanks, for your elaboration, yes my intention is to get information and to rule out anything serious diseases. My doctor put me on medication when I first revealed to him I was having problems. The medication didn't help, and it did cause some side effects which wasn't worth having, also since the medication didn't help me anyway, it was Detrusol.

@Bettypooh

Sorry, I didn't wanted to sound rude, but that guy was way out of line.

@babybrian

Thanks, for your elaboration, yes my intention is to get information and to rule out anything serious diseases. My doctor put me on medication when I first revealed to him I was having problems. The medication didn't help, and it did cause some side effects which wasn't worth having, also since the medication didn't help me anyway, it was Detrusol.

Edited by delta1