LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Board Issues Proposal

DailyDi

How should we handle the current board issues?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. How should we handle the current board issues?

• (preffered) Move this board to it's own server (dailydiapers.net) to isolate the issues and limit downtime on the main site and other sites on the server.
    • Start looking at other options for message board software - although this would mean starting over with new accounts and no posts.

The board continues to be unstable, though we have taken measures to make it so when it goes down it's only down for a few minutes. We're still working to get it fixed, but the downtime is begenning to affect my income on other sites on the server since when it goes down it takes everything with it. With that in mind I have two options to present to members:

Edited by DailyDi

I believe ABDLPixel's founder coded it himself

I like the new Invision format and layout. I think that they just launched and switched too early. The word "beta" screams out at me. From what you are saying, my inability to use certain functions may be a result of that (since I also could not find them on Windows 10) That, the rather bizarre double-linefeed when you press "ENTER" and the rather 20th century WYSIWYG "About Me", blog and signature editor with no direct code BBCode or HTML access and gobbling up my links are my only real complaints (It is easier for me to use code than to bust my eye trying to hunt down the right button and read and select the parameters: I thought that went out with the Space Shuttle Program: PageBreeze lets you go back and forth with WYSIWYG and code)

I don't personally know the positives or negatives of either suggestion.

What I would say is that I'm pretty disappointed in Invision right now. In that there are quite a few things that are negatives now that were fine on the older version. Mainly the scrolling issues in chat, Lack of a report button on profiles, the difficulty using chat on mobile, etc... They have all been documented before. So the question really seems to be do people think Invision can fix the missing features and bugs and if they can do it in relatively quick time.

I think there are big positives and negatives from either option.

If we are put on our own server will we be on this version of the software or the older one?

If moved to new software I don't see losing all the old accounts and posts as being a bad thing necessarily though it will make this place feel empty compared compared to now, and would require people writing stories to repost what they had written so far. There would probably be a problem with people previously banned suddenly being unbanned again though, and I'm not sure what the options are regarding alternative software. Are there other things available at a similar price that would be as good or better from what we currently have?

I honestly don't think I am nearly knowledgeable enough to choose one option either way, though I will go away and research things and see if I can educate myself and make a choice.

If we move, it HAS to be the new version. If we revert to the old version we loose everything from the last two months.

The point of a move would be to isolate the issues to make them clearer for invision. Quite honestly my biggest complaint with them is that they INSIST the problem has to be on our end (server/configuration) until we find the errors and can point right at them (this has happened twice so far.) We are working with multiple techs now so hopefully one of them will step-up and really look at their code, but it would be easier if we could eliminate claims of compatibility and load by having their script be the Only thing running on a new server.

I do wonder if reverting to the older version, even if it costs data since since the change would be worth it if it meant waiting for Invision to get this version much more stable and easier to use. I think this version does a lot right but there are also a lot of things with room for improvement.

I trust whatever choice is made will be a good one :)

I would think so. Our server can certainly "handle" this script and more, but having nothing else running would better spotlight that it's a problem with this script and not our server - especially since there is another site on the server running the old version without these issues

Honestly, at this point I'd question if Invision are saying it is our end because they don't know how to fix their problems. From looking at the Invision forum there are a lot of people complaining about the software and the number of bugs and missing features it has. I don't mean to beat the point into the ground but I think the software they have made has been released WAY too early and as a result there are bugs and problems like the ones we keep having.

• Like 1

Honestly, at this point I'd question if Invision are saying it is our end because they don't know how to fix their problems. From looking at the Invision forum there are a lot of people complaining about the software and the number of bugs and missing features it has. I don't mean to beat the point into the ground but I think the software they have made has been released WAY too early and as a result there are bugs and problems like the ones we keep having.

You are right, but we have to look at solutions in the meantime

In RL it's business first because it's the income from business that makes all the rest possible ;)

As for here I can handle what we've got now, the problems I have aren't too bad, but I'd like it to work correctly for everybody. If we have to switch to something else were we have to start all over it will be a pain, so probably best to work with things here till that option becomes the better choice.

And yes, as I've always said Invision sucks :bash:I wish I could diaper them, chain them to their desks, and keep them there until they make everything right :ph34r: One round of that would keep them in line for the rest of their lives :roflmao:

Bettypooh