LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

l5-s1 disc extrusion / rupture.

i have intrusions from t3-s2 (from a car crash years ago) so to tell actually what is causing my issues it hard to say

all i can really say is im lucky i can still walk

I have been dealing with L5 -s1 dic issues since 2007. I went through therapy for a year them had l5 s1 disc economy. worked for 4 weeks. then had to have fusion tried to get a dic replacement insurance would not pay the $130,000. Had first fusion in 2010 that failed and a redo in 2014. now 9 months out still not pain free. I am one of the few that has not had luck.

I have inward herniation of L4 and L5 S1 from an injury I incurred while in the Army. It has caused nerve damage that eliminated my bladder and bowel control. I have not had it operated on, and I am almost 13 years in. I can tell you that the pain level does reduce with time, as the disc starts to dry up and most of the nerve irritating proteins leak out. I have had sciatica down both legs, and general lower back pain of varying degrees since the herniation, but it seems to be becoming less of an issue as time wears on. I weighed the options of surgery or just living with it, after the VA took 3+ months to examine me, and the never damage was declared permanent, and decided to go with the non surgery option. I know a lot of people who have had back surgery, but I don't know anyone who has had just one. Good luck, and hang in there. Do your best not become hooked on pain pills, I know a lot of people who have gone down that road as well, if you just do your best to work through the pain, you will get used to it over time. I stick with Ibuprofen and nicotine (from Vaping).

I have bone/disc degeneration throughout my spine with the worst @ L3, L4, and L5 in that order. A am lucky that there's still enough left so that I can keep it going with Chiropractic care, but that ends once any disc blows. Disc treatment options are better than in the past and improving; a promising one consists of refilling the disc sac with a substance similar to silicone restoring elasticity, bone isolation, and movement. Another is a "collar" type replacement disc (the jury is still out on that one). I expect that in the next 10-20 years they will be able to rebuild a lot of the structural part of the spine to a very high standard :thumbsup:

The sad part is that they still don't do well repairing and reconnecting damaged nerves which is kind of understandable given the tiny space they have to work in and with the nerves so bundled together.

Fusion can work extremely well, but that it's not always a good option for everyone.

Mom's back was broken in a car crash when I was a baby, and she had 2 vertebrae (don't know which ones) surgically fused. She's 88 now and has never had a problem with that, but another car crash hurt another part of her back which is still painful to her most days and that limits her mobility :( My medical team tells me that with the shape my discs are in, if I have fusion done it's going to over-stress the discs above and below that repair and those discs will fail soon after. And with the shape my vertebrae are in, fusion may cause them to crumble or fail to grow the bond necessary for healing. All I can do is to avoid stress or injury to my back to make it last as long as it can with disability a certainty somewhere in my future when it finally lets go. Oh well, that's my normal kind of luck so I just go in with life as best I can!

Bettypooh

• 1 month later...

Delta1.... thank you for your reponse.

It is clear that you have a great amount of medical knowledge. I do agree with everything you have suggested. The pain is not unbearable but is a real neusence and sometimes severe. I have scoliosis and I

Delta1.... thank you for your reponse.

It is clear that you have a great amount of medical knowledge. I do agree with everything you have suggested. The pain is not unbearable but is a real neusence and sometimes severe. I have scoliosis and I

I do desk work. Aside from the back issues i currently have, I am really good shape. Not overweight and I get regular exercise. The lower back pain is there all of the time along with pain down my left leg. It never seems to go away completely.

Edited by fillemup